• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy: All the Bravest - "Nothing to see here, folks."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
re: Final Fantasy: All the Bravest - "Nothing to see here, folks."

In case you haven't read it yet, Square Enix are planning on creating their own handheld gaming system for all of their portable stuff. I bet all of their iOS games will be there first to be ported to it.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

In case you haven't read it yet, Square Enix are planning on creating their own handheld gaming system for all of their portable stuff. I bet all of their iOS games will be there first to be ported to it.
Yeah that's somehow not better.

Antilurker77

This game is why I hate iOS games. $46 in DLC. $4 for extra stages, $1 per hero which by the way is chosen completely at random. Also if you wipe, you either have to pay for a golden hourglass (at 30 cents a pop) or wait 3 minutes for each hero in your team. Seriously, this thing needs to die in a fire along with all the rest of these iOS cashgrabs.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

This game is why I hate iOS games. $46 in DLC. $4 for extra stages, $1 per hero which by the way is chosen completely at random. Also if you wipe, you either have to pay for a golden hourglass (at 30 cents a pop) or wait 3 minutes for each hero in your team. Seriously, this thing needs to die in a fire along with all the rest of these iOS cashgrabs.
If you wipe you can either wait 3 minutes, pay for a golden hourglass or quit the fight and go and level up some more which is exactly what you do in every Final Fantasy game. This is a cash grab game but I wish people would be a bit more informed. It's not unplayable.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

If you wipe you can either wait 3 minutes, pay for a golden hourglass or quit the fight and go and level up some more which is exactly what you do in every Final Fantasy game. This is a cash grab game but I wish people would be a bit more informed. It's not unplayable.
3 minutes for one warrior. So if you had 30 warriors, you'd have to wait 90 minutes, instead of other Final Fantasy games where you go back to the load menu where you can start off instantly.
[video=youtube;5mYd12L4iE4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mYd12L4iE4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Why would anybody want to pay for hourglasses, though?

It's not unplayable, but it isn't the funnest experience and what could make it remotely more interesting to play has to be paid for. There isn't enough in this game to make the IAP worth the buy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

You just slide your finger across all the players and all they do is attack. There is no supporting roles. There is no strategy. It's monotonous and horribly repetitive. Other Final Fantasy games at least let your decide on what character does what. This time they all just attack then you slide your finger over them.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Wow.

All that hype.

For this?

Really?

Square Enix, what the hell are you thinking?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wow.

All that hype.

For this?

Really?

Square Enix, what the hell are you thinking?

To be fair, any hype that was built up on this game was done by people themselves. Everybody should know by now that whenever they open preview pages like these that it is most likely some kind of iOS game be it good or bad.

And anything that people assumed about All The Bravest being a rename of BDFF was also self-created hype.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

True, true.

But there's also the fact that they could localize some games that would make more money than these things that are actually cash-grabs (seriously, I rarely use that term, but that's what this is) and appease the fanbase at the same time.

Instead they release this.

It's like... what?

If I tried to understand the logic behind releasing this over stuff that fans are actively calling for, I think I'd give myself an aneurysm.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

True, true.

But there's also the fact that they could localize some games that would make more money than these things that are actually cash-grabs (seriously, I rarely use that term, but that's what this is) and appease the fanbase at the same time.

Instead they release this.

It's like... what?

If I tried to understand the logic behind releasing this over stuff that fans are actively calling for, I think I'd give myself an aneurysm.

I wouldn't say that high production level games make them more money. They are expensive to make, expensive to localize, and there are a lot of middle men that have to be paid for the work they did. Not to mention the risk factor that is always present with localized games. If they don't sell, they don't get that money back, and SE still has to pay people.

(This is why I constantly wonder about Type-0 and if they have paid the people who did all of the work on it considering they haven't even released it in order to make a profit on it, and if they did, with what money...)

These cheap little iOS apps with IAP are easy cash that probably only took a few people to program and translate, and they get a lot of revenue for little effort and hardly any hungry mouths.

It is true they could deliver better mobile products with more engaging content and story and less pointless IAPs, but this is something that is frankly out of the hands of the fans. There will always be somebody who will buy this stuff and even enjoy it (bless their hearts) so they will continue to make this stuff. (They are part of the problem, actually but as a fan of the company it is difficult to hate them for buying the product if they actually liked it.)

Last edited:

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Eh, I guess I'm just bitter about those games.

If there are people who enjoy this, then that's their prerogative. I just think that SE needs to stop its love affair with iOS for a minute and realize there's other platforms.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's fine to be bitter, at least about Final Fantasy Type-0 since they are just sitting on it. BDFF hasn't been out a full year yet so I think once we pass 12+ months without anything we can start to worry a bit. People should continue to bring these games up, though. And Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland which was extremely success in Japan. And Dragon Quest 7 3DS while we are at it.

Well, they already said that they are going to put more emphasis on iOS games. Perhaps they will perfect the art of making them? Chaos Rings was definitely a great game and Final Fantasy Dimensions was pretty good (minus the ugly art direction and ridiculous price tag). TWEWY -Solo Remix- was a VERY solid port and highly enjoyable. TFF seems to be pretty good despite the big middle finger that it gives to both iOS product and 3DS owners who miss out on something either way they go.

I am definitely not into this iOS crap, don't get me wrong. I want a lot more handheld and console support from them, but I can see where SE is coming from with this iOS stuff.

Mirby

Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Well yeah, I mean if there's good iOS entries all the better.

I just wish they'd stop making crap like this.

Seriously, there's a thing called quality. And this ain't it.

This line has been going through my mind while thinking about this, btw.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

2JeiW.png

(I am so disappointed in you good fellows.)

Antilurker77

Just what I thought. Two guys who sat down and churned this crap out in a couple of weeks.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

3 minutes for one warrior. So if you had 30 warriors, you'd have to wait 90 minutes, instead of other Final Fantasy games where you go back to the load menu where you can start off instantly.
/lame rant

I'm having fun with this game.

Last edited:

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards

Obviously I haven't because it is a waste of money.

The game itself isn't a total waste of money, which you wouldn't know because you've not played it. It is a massive cash-grab. The micro-transactions add little to the game and are designed to be enticing. However without the extras it plays well and is fun. There's a good amount of content, and for £2.49 isn't bad at all.

More concerning is you. Why are you so quick to criticise this game? You say there are no supporting roles but there are, and that you can't restart battles when you can. You obviously know nothing about this game other than what an ign video told you to think, so why even bother?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Okay, I'm still not buying this game. I tip my hat to everybody who worked on this game, translators included, for the hilarious bios. They are the only redeeming thing in this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back