• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Final Fantasy: All the Bravest - "Nothing to see here, folks."

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo

re: Final Fantasy: All the Bravest - "Nothing to see here, folks."

2JeiW.png

(I am so disappointed in you good fellows.)

So Tetsuya Nomura is the one who first conceptualized this shameless cashgrab.I can't believe a team of the company's most talented people would produce something like this.

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

This game. LOL Drugs was involved in the making of this game, I just know it.

Seriously though, what in the actual diddly was Square-Enix thinking? Same goes for you, Nomura-san & co.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

To be fair, any hype that was built up on this game was done by people themselves. Everybody should know by now that whenever they open preview pages like these that it is most likely some kind of iOS game be it good or bad.

Yeah, SE makes preview pages for like everything regardless of how "important" it is. It makes no sense to get hyped over them anymore, but yet people never seem to pick up on this and create dumb expectations every time.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Sure the conversation went where Nomura had an idea for a fun little game that paid homage to the entire FF series, told Kando, Ito, and Hazama over lunch or something, they decided since it's a cold winter why not pitch it, SE said yes but then told them that the game needed to have a ton of stuff in it where people have to pay for. They said whatever as long as they got to write whatever they they wanted. They made a team, SE put a rush order on it, they sat down in a room and they decided to put love in the writing and character sprites and decided to make the game simple for on-the-go people, and gave it to SE like "Can we make our games now?" And SE said "No."

Thus the winter was cold again.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Because, you know, nothing spells good game design like paying to play a game you already bought.

The finger swishing is just laughable. Literally. I laughed at the finger swishing.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards

But for a series and company whose fans already feel cheated, over-accommodating - and in the case of titles like Bravely Default and Final Fantasy Type-0 - ignored, releasing a lame cash in is a huge and truly perplexing mistake.
This is my favorite part of the article; it really hits home as a fan who feels totally ignored and borderline alienated by SE.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Wow, what an intriguing and challenging game!

This is my favorite part of the article; it really hits home as a fan who feels totally ignored and borderline alienated by SE.

The disappointing part about all of this is that we all know SE can make fantastic games, especially the team who made this game, and it feels like such an utter waste of their talents. A part of me wishes that perhaps somewhere at the beginning this might not have even been intended to be a cash grab and just something fans could enjoy and some higher up at SE made the decision for them and micromanaged the entire affair. It's just really hard for me to imagine this group of people making anything like ATB without there having been a lot of interference from the powers that be.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

This game... THIS GAME. I never felt so disgusted about Square Enix in all my years of being a Final Fantasy fan. I feel heartbroken. How can you do this to me Square Enix. ;~;

Gray Aria

The Misshapen Spark
Awards

It's amazing how games can look so good in their trailers but turn out so lame. So you just rapidly swipe on the screen? That's not even a game!

siegleeagle

I can honestly say that I have played and enjoyed every final fantasy entry to date.... Until now. I am a final fantasy fan to the core and I'm not ashamed to say that I loved XIII, XIII-2, X-2, XII, and every other negatively viewed entry. Hell, I even loved playing the initial version of XIV. However this title absolutely pisses me off to no end. Why even let this game be sold if it was going to be viewed with such malice that even fans who highly value negatively viewed entries hate it? They could even have a bigger cash grab in the two unlocalized games people are begging for. I mean wtf Square Enix?

king_mickey rule

The Great Destroyer
Awards

lol whoever thought this game (and the whole cash-grabbing concept) was a good idea, is a moron from the highest degree. SE is losing customers because of a shitty game. Job well done, SE!

See how I called it a game? Yeah, I'm being generous.

darkheart709

Bronze Member

Sad thing is, the game is already #48 on highest grossing on the app store and alot of people are giving it 5 star ratings. the game currently has 3 1/2 star overall rating with 781 reviews

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv

Sad thing is, the game is already #48 on highest grossing on the app store and alot of people are giving it 5 star ratings. the game currently has 3 1/2 star overall rating with 781 reviews

further proof that people are idiots and will lap anything up, regardless of quality.

Coeurl

Demon Dance

And I thought screen-mashing is bad.. now screen-swiping.

RajKuna

This game is why I hate iOS games. $46 in DLC. $4 for extra stages, $1 per hero which by the way is chosen completely at random. Also if you wipe, you either have to pay for a golden hourglass (at 30 cents a pop) or wait 3 minutes for each hero in your team. Seriously, this thing needs to die in a fire along with all the rest of these iOS cashgrabs.
I agree, because you need xpend 50 dolar+ for all character unlock. But my brother help me buy several characters, so I have chance to post my review here Final Fantasy: All The Bravest « iOS Game - DotMMO.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back