• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fez II Cancelled

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
ZniNuRv.png

NRj03L3.png

W9QWZzE.png

Phil Fish blows a gasket, tells media member to "kill himself" - New York NY Video Games | Examiner.com

TL;DR Phil Fish got into a Twitter fight and afterwards cancelled Fez II and closed his twitter account. Great guy.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
I don't think I've ever seen something so embarrassing and unprofessional since I looked at Rob Liefeld's twitter.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
this is just typical phil fish. he's always been a privileged manchild.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Drama queen much?

He sure loves to dish out, but can't take a taste of his own medicine. Good riddance.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I like how he says they aren't going anywhere, and then cancels Fez 2. If he stays gone from the industry forever, I honestly won't mind.

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
It's been awhile since I've seen a good old fashioned temper tantrum

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Phil Fish just a few days ago was raging against asshats, then he turned into an asshat. How sad. I feel bad that Fez II was cancelled and the guy should be upset but have a bit of dignity, and realize maybe you need to grow up a bit and think about maybe why the game was cancelled.

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
He's always been like this, whether it's saying that Japanese games suck or that people who don't appreciate his gift to the world can suck his you know what and choke on it. -_-

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I don't think I've ever seen something so embarrassing and unprofessional since I looked at Rob Liefeld's twitter.
Yeah. I see perfectly where he's coming from but he has to be the better man; not the bitter one. Gamers act like they're entitled(us included) and we are notoriously impatient people but this reaction is no better. And that's coming from a spoiled brat right there.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
Yeah. I see perfectly where he's coming from but he has to be the better man; not the bitter one. Gamers act like they're entitled(us included) and we are notoriously impatient people but this reaction is no better. And that's coming from a spoiled brat right there.

honestly, gamers can feel free to criticize all they want. most people (myself included) think that fez is an excellent game, but as soon as one or two people criticize it - or god forbid, the man behind it - fish loses all self control and becomes a manic-depressive baby. he has to understand that not everybody has to like him or what he makes, and until he can come to terms with that, he probably shouldn't even be in the industry.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
I know of several people in the business that avoid things that stress them out (ie youtube comments, twitter, facebook comments, etc). Fish probably should have blocked his twitter a while ago since he clearly can't handle the loads of negativity he gets from it.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
honestly, gamers can feel free to criticize all they want. most people (myself included) think that fez is an excellent game, but as soon as one or two people criticize it - or god forbid, the man behind it - fish loses all self control and becomes a manic-depressive baby. he has to understand that not everybody has to like him or what he makes, and until he can come to terms with that, he probably shouldn't even be in the industry.
Yeah, just that sometimes people go overboard.

there's criticism and then there's "criticism".

I do agree with you though. I like Fez and he does need to understand that not everyone will like him and those people will be vocal. It does take some inner strength to come to terms with that but it needs to be done.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards

It doesn't really help that he projects an arrogant, pretentious, and snooty public persona that's really not befitting of anyone at all, and especially not just some guy who happened to make a game some people consider good. By acting like that he is only fostering more ill-will making it more likely that people will harass and troll him, thusly making his situation even worse. If he was less of an asshole he wouldn't get nearly as much flak.

To this day Phil Fish is the only dev who I really don't want to support purely because of how much of an asshole he is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back