• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fears and Phobias

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I think my fear of the ocean along with my refusal to play this game. This game scared the beewax out of me when I was a little kid at daycare, the first time I saw it was when our daycare was taking a trip there for laser tag.

Here are the bosses that scare me the most:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

noxy

I have an innate fear of getting older and losing control over my body and mind. I see it happening with my Dad now and it kills me. He loses his balance and falls sometimes, he doesn't get around so well, he's had strokes and heart attacks, and most recently he lost my mom.

I'm also very much deathly afraid of losing my Dad. It's something that I kind of freak out over regularly. I'm so scared of him dying before my fiance and I can get married and buy a house and take care of him for a little bit before he passes so he knows that at least -1- of his kids gives a shit about him. I mean. My Dad is everything to me (next to my child, of course.) Which means yeah, he's even more important to me right now than my fiance - even though I'm so stupidly in love with him and we have a pretty damn near perfect relationship. Anywho. Yeah. I don't know what I'll do without him. He's my hero and taking care of him is something I've always promised I'd do from a very young age.

Those are really it. Well, besides my fear of my fiance leaving me, but that's only minor. I also worry that we won't make it and then I'll be alone in the world with no one.

I need to be on anti-depressants again. Clearly. Too bad they didn't seem to work the first time I was on them.

Dreaded_Desire62

bronze member
Awards
Website
gmail.com
I also had something a little frightening happen to me the other day. I had someone pass out on my couch and later he had no memory of where he was at. His brother, my caregiver had to remind him where he was at. I can't imagine waking up and being somewhere that I don't know and not being told where I am at, in other words I am scared of being kidnapped.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
i'm afraid of being in an enclosed space, falling from a great height, and being attacked by a large group outside.

seriously. i only go out to shop and with a handful of groceries it's hard to defend myself.

Grono

KH ☼ D&D ☼ Music ☼ Wack.
Awards
I, thankfully, do not have any serious phobias, but I did have an odd case of hydrophobia for many years that made it so that any time I wanted to dive that I would buckle my knees and start crying. I seriously couldn't dive for the first 15 years of my life, and even now I'm very nervous about it and am still far too skid-dish about it to try it off a diving board.

Other than that, I also have a sort of fear, and yet strange fascination, with losing my parents. I already have an idea of what their funeral would be like: I'd like to display a bunch of my dad's favorite music as a kid and as an adult at his funeral, and I would play the song "Shenandoah" as a euphonium/ tuba solo for the lowering of the coffin. However, the song to follow that is going to be funeral jazz, or graveyard jazz, since I do not believe this should be an entirely sad event. As for my mother, I will do something very similar, where the song Shenandoah will be played and all of that jazz. However, I have something unique if I end up attending someone's funeral, who, unfortunately, seems to be my grandmother at the moment: I will play All Time Low's "Lullabies." Why? This song, while sad and loving, also realizes that the person who it is being sang to made a lot of stupid decisions that ruined their life and everyone else's in the process, which is what she did by smoking for over 50 years and causing herself so many thousands of dollars in medical bills. I'll put a link to the song here, as it is a really beautiful piece that deserves to be listened to, even if that place is at her funeral :(

[video=youtube;pU0Byt7koLU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU0Byt7koLU[/video]

tl;dr fear of losing loved ones and particular case of hydrophobia

Pandymint

Awards
So I've been on /r/nosleep because I'm a diddlying masochist. I start reading this:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Around the time it talks about hearing and seeing things, my diddlying Xbox decided to turn itself on 3 times and eject the disc. I was talking to my friend on skype and my response was thusly:

[6:04:01 AM] Zeruel: NO diddly THAT
[6:04:08 AM] Zeruel: AS I WAS diddlyING READING THAT
[6:04:21 AM] Zeruel: MY diddlyING XBOX TURNED ITSELF ON THREE TIMES AND EJECTED THE DISC
[6:04:24 AM] Zeruel: diddly THAT
[6:04:26 AM] Zeruel: NO

Sorry for the language but that really really bothered me. I still haven't so much as looked over at my T-.....It just took the disc back in. JESUS CHRIST STOP IT.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
So I've been on /r/nosleep because I'm a diddlying masochist. I start reading this:

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Around the time it talks about hearing and seeing things, my diddlying Xbox decided to turn itself on 3 times and eject the disc. I was talking to my friend on skype and my response was thusly:

[6:04:21 AM] Zeruel: MY diddlyING XBOX TURNED ITSELF ON THREE TIMES AND EJECTED THE DISC

Sorry for the language but that really really bothered me. I still haven't so much as looked over at my T-.....It just took the disc back in. JESUS CHRIST STOP IT.
lol that is fucking creepy dude, a creepypasta tbh.

Pandymint

Awards
lol that is diddlying creepy dude, a creepypasta tbh.

Yeah but I have enough experience to know there are things out there to some degree. I've seen a little girl in my house that shouldn't be there, and she has locked my door while I was asleep, and turned lights on that weren't.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Yeah but I have enough experience to know there are things out there to some degree. I've seen a little girl in my house that shouldn't be there, and she has locked my door while I was asleep, and turned lights on that weren't.
what the actual fuckity fuck bro mother of all fuck

Pandymint

Awards
LOL I'm not kidding. Her name was Stacey. Originally, she lived in my best friend's house. In that house she and her mother and...grandmother or some (fuzzy on the details) were killed. Brother survived. Aaaannnyyyway. She's a little girl, 6 or 7, in a white night dress and long brown hair. She's benevolent as long as you don't give her bad vibes. The one time someone did, she choked her out.

I know it probably sounds like bullshit, but I'm dead serious about this. Haven't heard anything from her in a long time, though.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
LOL I'm not kidding. Her name was Stacey. Originally, she lived in my best friend's house. In that house she and her mother and...grandmother or some (fuzzy on the details) were killed. Brother survived. Aaaannnyyyway. She's a little girl, 6 or 7, in a white night dress and long brown hair. She's benevolent as long as you don't give her bad vibes. The one time someone did, she choked her out.

I know it probably sounds like bullshit, but I'm dead serious about this. Haven't heard anything from her in a long time, though.
Bulk Pretzel M Salt - 50 lb.

here you go.

Annoyance

Silver Member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I seem to fear a lot of things vaguely with my anxiety. Like loneliness, abandonment, etc.

I am not fond of big spiders at all. I'm growing more able to take care of them if necessary but man I don't like the idea of them on me at all. I nearly crashed my car last month because one was in my car swinging around on a thread. NO THANK YOU GET OUT OF MY CAR NO STOWAWAYS.

I'm also REALLY not good on the idea of falling from heights. If I know I'm safe up high, I'm fine in skyscrapers and whatnot, but roller coasters and bungee jumping aren't fun to me. I'm not big on scaring myself for excitement.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
almost forgot, spiders fucking suck, especially the weird looking ones.

Awards
I'm actually terrified of dogs. Big, small, doesn't matter. Even since a huge dog chased me around my school bus back when I was in third grade and not that much bigger than the dog (while my friends on said schoolbus laughed), I can't feel comfortable or safe around dogs in the slightest.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Oh, actually now that I think about it, I do have a specific and serious fear of abandoned, decrepit concrete buildings. I... don't really know why. I just know that one of the worst nightmares I've ever had- the kind that quite literally leaves you absolutely terrified to move a muscle- involved getting trapped in a place like that, all maze-like and filthy and... ugh. Just thinking about it, I can't. It scares me even now. And I've had dreams where I've stabbed people (in self-defense, okay?) to death or gotten shot in the head, but they have nothing on that diddlying deathtrap... I'm not claustrophobic. I don't know why I'm so scared of it.

Pandymint

Awards
Oh, thanks Osprey, you just made me remember that I once had a dream that I was the Joker. Complete with putting smiles on their faces.

.....That was a weird dream.

noxy

Spoiler Spoiler Show

I want to go into the woods now. Thankfully I live in NYC, far from any forests so I can't.

I tried to google this, but there's nothing. Can you give me a direct link to the story on Reddit?

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back