• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Fatal Memory (a KH fanfic) WARNING: Includes spoilers for KH:Days!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypertech

Awards
Behind the truck in the world that never was.
Kingdom Hearts: Fatal Memory

Prolouge: Unknown report 8

Where did it all go wrong? What did it take to drive me towards this madness...? Its that one memory. Thats how this whole mess started, and it can't end unless... I dont want to think about it anymore. It's all my fault. This war... They used to be friends... Then I came along and ruined it all, and now there trying to kill eachother. Theres only one way for this to end, and they won't rest until it happens... What am I going to do? Theres no enemy to defeat, not Xemnas, not anyone, just ourselves. Maybe it is best... Maybe it has to be done. But if I betray him, then I'm no better than a heartless. Maybe I can persuade them to stop... Do they really need it? Is this 'oncoming threat' such a big deal? I shoudn't even exist... But if they find out about me, then they willbe destoyed, everyone, the unknowns, the heartless, the nobodys, everyone.

Well, that's it for today, I dont have time for any more, but i'll continue with chapter one tommorow. Hope you guys like it :) I have big plans and shocking plot twists for this.

Last edited:

Chaosmax

Dream.Drop.Distance.
Re: Fatal Memory (a KH fanfic)

Seems likes going to be epic! Looking forward to the next chapter, keep up the good work.

A

Azrael

Sounds like an epic fan-fic. Hope to read more.

Lanydx reborn

The Superior Lanydx
Awards

A nice start. Let's see where this goes, but who's the main character?

Hypertech

Awards

Chapter One: Adgusting to the Ordinary (Note: this takes place directly after the KH2 ending)

Sora, Riku, and Kairi read the letter exitedly and hurriedly. Inside they knew that it could only be bad news, after all, why would the king have sent a letter just 2 days after they had last seen him? But at the same time, after all that they had experienced, it had been more than hard to continue life on Destiny Islands as if nothing had ever happened. They had been bored, longing for exitement, just like wehn they were building a raft to escape the island. It was nice, being with eachother again, but they couldn't just continue their lives after what they had been through. The letter read:

Dear Sora, Riku and Kairi

I hope you are doing well! I'm afraid that there is something that has been bothering me. Something that I have discovered. I'm going out to look for the answer, and I may not be back for a long time. Don't come and look for me, this is something that I have to take care of myself. Don't worry, It's nothing as big as Xemnas, or Xehanorts heartless, but it might be a threat. I stress might be because the chances are that that it won't happen. No time to explain, I have to go. I know that you probably will come after me, but the world I am going to is nowhere you have been before, so theres no point trying to find me.

Yours sincerely, Mickey

"Oh" Riku said, sounding dissapointed.
"Surely he could use help. We've already proven ourselves more than enough times, and he can't do everything" He continued, sounding increasingly annoyed.
"Oh, Riku. There must be a reason for him telling us not to look for him. I'm sure it's nothing." Kairi exclamed, although she too, sounded ultimately dissapointed.
"So, what do we do?" Asked Sora, sounding eager to go on an adventure.
"We continue our lives" Replied Kairi plainly.
"Right, our completely normal lives." Said Riku. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a dark corridoor formed behind them. They all looked round and a single figure stepped out of the portal. It was Axel.
"Axel?" Sora exlaimed, surprised at what he saw. Roxas briscklystepped out of Sora's body, which took Sora by even more surprise.
"Hey, Roxas" Said Axel with a smile.
"Axel. I am remembering more and more about our time in the organization, like that time when you and me went to hunt 2 giant heartless in twilight town.Something about that day was unnormal, but I forgot. Anyway, I thought you were dead?" Roxas was speaking faster than usual, exited that his best friend was back. Maybe they could have ice cream together again.
"I needed the organization to think that. I mean, they were really out for my blood, right? Especially Saix. And Kairi. I promised myself I would apoligise to you, so... I'm sorry." Axel replied.
" It's okay!" Replied Kairi.
"You sure?" Asked Axel. He was surprised at this.
"Yeah, don't worry about it."
"Thanks."
"Why are you here?"Asked Riku.
"I wanted to see you all, let you know I'm not dead... OK, I'm here for another reason aswell-" He didn't get a chance to finish, because someone else said something. Not Sora, Riku, Karii, or Roxas though. It came from the secret place.
"Sora... Riku...And everyone else... You are the ones to blame. You stopped my work on multiple occasions. And now, you will die." Said a familiar voice.
"Oh, crap!" Axel said.
"This is what I tried to tell you- Xehanorts back!"
A figure appeared from nowhere, and he walked towards the group, holding something in his hand. It was indeed Xehanort. Before anyone could react, he through the object towards Roxas. It was spherical, silver and metalic, and something about it bursted with power. It landed on Roxas head, and stayed there, it somehow stuck to his head as if it had been glued on. It glowed, and Roxas started screaming in pain. Axel ran forward and yanked the device of his head. Immediately, Roxas collapsed, unconcious on the floor. Axel disintigrated the device with his fire powers, before kneeling down to help Roxas.
Sora and Riku charged towards Xehanort, and before Xehanort could react, they both struck, then Sora stabbed his keyblade through Xehanorts chest.
"That power... It's too great..." Xehanort gasped, and fell to the floor, already defeated.
Namine stepped out of Kairi and ran to Roxas' side.
"Roxas..." She said, caringly.
"He's not dead. Just unconcious, lets take him to that shack. Namine, can you heal him?" Axel asked.
"I don't know. I haven't had much experience outside of the memory field... But I can try. And he sould be okay anyway, that thing wasn't there to long..." Axel picked up Roxas and made his way towards the shack, the crowd following. Little did they know, this incident would create a problem that they couldn't imagine.

Hope you enjoyed that chapter. I'm trying to get it started quickly, so I can start writing the interesting bits. The main plot should begin next chapter. Also, I hope as this story goes along, you can find clues and figure out who the person in the prologue was. :p

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
At my house with Riku, Saix, and Zexion, rocking t

Holy crap!!! That was totally awesome!!! I am really glad the Roxas, Namine, and Axel are in the picture; they are three of my favorite characters. Okay, now for the questions. What was the device that Xehanort attacked Roxas with? Why Roxas? Why not the others? Is Xehanort really gone? Part of me finds it hard to believe that he would just go down like that. Well, I'm sure all will be revealed in due time. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Hypertech

Awards

The only detail I can confirm is that Xehanort is definately dead. I will post the next chapter later. I'm surprised at all this praise xD Thanks!
EDIT:I guess I may as well do it now...

Chapter 2: Forgotten But Not Lost

As they walked towards the shack, Sora pointed out that they couldn't all fit, so Riku and Kairi waited outside, on the seperate island that Sora and Riku used to playfight on, sitting on the paupu tree. In the shack, Namine was trying to find out what was wrong with Roxas, but with no luck.
"Everythings fine... But there's obviously something wrong. He should wake up soon, maybe we'll find out then..." Namine said, looking worried.
"Nothings wrong?" Asked Sora.
"Nothing... Everythings normal, atleast, everything i've checked..." Namine still looked worried.
"What's on your mind?" Asked Axel, he too, was worried.
"It's just... The only place I haven't checked is his memory... He may not be able to recall any of us." Namine replied.
"Well, that thing wasn't on his head too long, it can't of done much." Said Sora, who was, as always, optomistic. Roxas groaned suddenly, waking up.
"Thank God your OK!" Namine said, now losing the worried look and smiling. Roxas smiled back, with a dazed look on his face.
"What happened to Xehanort?" Asked Roxas.
"He was dealt with..." Replied Axel.
"Who are you?" Asked Roxas. Sora, Axel and Namine were stunned in silence for a few seconds.
"I've lost count of how many times this has happened..." Said Axel, sighing.
"I'm your best friend! I thought you had it memorised... Don't you remember everything we've been through?" Axel was quite annoyed by this event. He had only just announced to Roxas that he was alive, and already he had forgotten about him?
"Oh dear... I wonder if thats the only thing he forgot... Roxas, I'll have to shape your memories back to the way they were. It might hurt slightly..." Namine said.
"Axel... Best friend? I want my memory back. Do it!" Roxas exclaimed. Naime focused her mind putting her fingers to her head. Roxas felt it he let out a small cry of pain, and held is head like he was having a headache.
"Yes... I've found it... But there's something else too... It's not a memory... It's just a gap, like something should be there..." Namine wondered alloud.
"There. Done. You should remember Axel now, Roxas." Namine said.
"Yes... I remember everything. Thanks, Namine..." Roxas replied, looking happy.
"Oh! That reminds me! Namine, I forgot to thank you! Thanks!" Said Sora with a smile.
"No problem to you both! But... That gap... Something should be there, but it's not." Namine said, thinking hard.
"I can sense that that memory is somewhere close... Sora!?" Namine wondered.
"I think that memory is inside you Sora... But why? Was it me?"
"Can you restore the memory?" Asked Sora.
"Yes... Hold on..." Namine focused again, this time on Sora.
"Wait... It's not just Roxas' memory... It's Axel's to! And mine... And... Riku's? I'm putting the memories back into everyone." Namine was reduced to a lifeless figure for a moment.
Meanwhile, Riku and Kairi were talking.
"Remember when we first talked about going to other worlds?" Riku asked.
"Yeah... We built a raft and everything. I never thought that it would lead to this, though. I wonder what would've happened if we had got a chance to go out to sea..." Kairi looked dreamily into the ocean.
"Maybe- ARGH!" Riku cried out, falling to to ground. In the shack, everyone but Sora and Namine did the same, but Namine was obviously in pain.
Roxas muttered a single word.
"Xion."

Last edited:

Hypertech

Awards

Chapter 3: Demon of Memory

Riku stood up, still getting over the pain. He gasped.
"Xion... I remember... Why do I remember?" Riku said slowly, working things out. he ran down towards the shack.
"Riku! Wait!" Kairi ran after him. Riku was about to open the door, when it slammed open from the inside. Roxas walked out, and raised his keyblade towards Riku.
"It's... Your fault. If you hadn't been there, Xion would still be alive!" Roxas said, angrily.
"It was for the good of everyone"
"What about me?"
They stared at eachother for afew seconds.
"Roxas, stop!" Axel ran out, attempting to hold Roxas back, but Roxas hit him with his keyblade before he had the chance.
"Axel... Don't pretend you had nothing to do with this! You persuaded her to leave!" Roxas was getting even more angry. He suddenly lashed out at Riku, but Riku dodged the strike by jumping backwards.
"You couldn't defeat me last time, what makes you think you can now?" Riku said.
"Last time you had the power of darkness!" Roxas shouted, summoning a second keyblade. The two keyblades turned into oathkeeper and oblivion, and Roxas ran forward, unleashing a combo on Riku. It hit, leaving Riku dazed. Riku recovered, and summoned his Way to Dawn.
"Roxas!" Namine called.
"How is this going to help anything!? Xions gone! You have to accept that!"
"No... There has to be a way to bring her back!!"
Axel said the next thing:
"Roxas! You have to let go! Xion wouldn't want you to do this!" Roxas lowered his keyblade slightly.
"I promised myself that we would all have ice cream together again..." Roxas was now more sad than angry.
"Fighting Riku is not going to make that happen!" Axel exclaimed.
"...I'm going to get back Xion. Just you wait. I'll find a way." Roxas said this, then created a dark portal and walked through it.
"Uhh... Can someone explain to me what just happened?" Asked Sora.
"It's kind of a long story..." Axel said.
"Anyway, I'm going to find Roxas. I think I know where he is." Axel said this, and immediately summoned a dark portal and left.
"I'm going after them." Said Namine, and she too, summoned a dark corridoor and left.
Sora, Riku and Kairi were left alone on Destiny Islands. Their silence echoed through the world.

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards

Oh boy, things are already starting to become crazy. So, everyone is now starting to remember Xion, except for Sora and Kairi. Will Xion come back? I hope so; she is one of my favorite characters. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Hypertech

Awards

Oh yeah, I better put a spoiler warning in the title lol. Everything will be explained :p
EDIT:
Chapter 3.58 (Filler): Unknown Report 2

This group that I have joined... I think they have good motives, but I think I could teach them a thing or two about the way they achieve these motives. I don't want to be in this group, I have to, in order to survive. I just hope this doesn't turn into another Organization XIII... I don't want to have to escape this castle again. But that boy, Roxas... The way he wields two keyblades fascinates me, and the only way I can find out how he does it is to stay here for a while. I may leave afterwards, it depends on how well we are doing. I can't help but feel that one of the members here has other motives... Which one, I don't know. If I find out, then I will expose them to the rest of us, and they will be punished. I hope.

Every once in a while I will add a new Unknown report, each of these are written by different people, much like the secret reports in Days. I just want to confirm that this one is by a new character ;) Also, to clear things up, in this story the reason that Roxas and Namine were able to come out of Sora and Kairi respectively was because I figured it would take time to completely merge together, and the merging had not completely finished yet, so Roxas and Namine were able to come out. And I needed them for the plot xD

Last edited:

Hypertech

Awards
Chapter 4: Promises

Axel walked out of the dark portal and walked down the corridoor of Castle Oblivion. This is where Roxas would be. He knew that that was where Xion had come from, he would think that the answers lay there. Axel walked up the staircases and through the coridoor until he found Roxas on Floor 5.
"Axel..."
"What are you doing Roxas? You know there's no way of bringing her back..."
"You don't know that. If there is a way, then it's here. I know it."
"I was here for a long time. I probably know this place better than anyone else, and I know that the answers are not here. If you really want to get her back then I'll help. And I'll start by telling you that this is the wrong place."
"Axel... Your right. But where do we look?"
"We don't look, we have to ask someone that knows about this sort of thing..."
" Where can we find someone that know's about this who wasn't in the organization?"
"I don't know..."
Namine suddenly came running up the stairs, concerned.
"Roxas! Thank God your OK... You gotta be more careful!" Namine exclaimed.
"Namine... Why are you doing this? It's obvious that you are trying to protect me..." Roxas said, thinking.
"I just care about you. That's all."
"... I know you do, but there's something else too. I can sense it."
"Okay... I made a promise."
"A promise? To who?"
"To... to Xion. I promised her that I would look after you after she was gone."
"Xion... She told you to look after me? That explains alot... You looked after me in the fake twilight town... But I thought you forgot her!"
"I did... But a promise never fades. You know that!"
"Promises... You wanna go get some ice cream, everyone?"
"Sure!"
"I'd love to!"
Later, at the clock tower in Twilight Town, Roxas bought sea-salt ice cream for everyone, and they sat down and enjoyed the sunset together, joking and laughing together, just like old times, but with Namine instead of Xion. When the sunset was nearly over, Axel asked:
"Roxas... I know you haven't forgotten what happened near the end of your time in the organization. I just want to put all that came between us behind us and find a way to bring Xion back."
"Yeah... So, you really mean it? Your gonna help me bring back Xion?!"
"That's what best friends do, they help each other..."
"Thanks" Roxas smiled.
"Guys? There's probably not a way to bring her back... But I want to help you." Namine exclaimed, dangling her legs from the clock tower, and holding the finished ice cream stick idly.
"To protect me, right? I guess a promise is a promise!" Roxas smiled, and Namine blushed. They waited until the sunset, and then walked down to the ground. Roxas was happy. They had had ice cream together again, even if it wasn't quite the same.
"So... Where do we go?" Roxas asked.
"I think I know someone who can help." Namine said, and the three walked into the station.

I loved this Chapter, I don't know why, I just loved them all eating ice cream together. Lol... Next chapter will be up tommorow hopefully.
EDIT:

Chapter 5: Blood

Riku was explaining to Sora and Kairi everything that had happened while Sora was asleep, when a small, bright light appeared in front of them. They were sitting on the paupu tree, and when it appeared it made Sora fall off, into the sea. The light suddenly transformed into the King.
“Your majesty!” Riku exclaimed, while Kairi climbed down the ladder to help Sora get back up.
“How many times to I have to tell you, call me Mickey!” Riku blushed, but then got serious again.
“Mickey, in your letter, you said that you were somewhere far away. Why are you here? And why didn’t you let Sora and I help you do whatever it is your trying to do!” As Riku said this, he got angry near the end, to the point of shouting, but then straightened up.
“Sorry… It’s just that we have been-“
“Bored?” Mickey replied, as Kairi and Sora climbed back up the ladder.
“Don’t worry… After coming from that, I would be too!”
“You still haven’t answered my question. Why are you here?”
“I got word that the person I’m trying to find is here.”
“You mean Xehanort?” Riku said, grinning.
“How did you know?”
“He came by… And now he’s dead again.”
“You defeated him?” Mickey was surprised.
“Where is the body?”
“I’ll show you” As they walked over, Mickey was explaining how Xehanort was back.
“You see, it turns out that if someone creates a heartless and a nobody, if they are both destroyed, then that person can come back to life!”
“So… If I were to die, and create a heartless and nobody, I could come back if they were defeated?”
“Precisely.”
“Here is the body” Sora said.
“Thank you Sora… Now, let’s see…” Mickey examined the body.
“He’s definitely dead… But there are signs of a battle before he came to you. Where did he come from?”
“The secret place, down through there”
They went into the secret place, and to the end of the cavern. They gasped at what they saw. There was blood on the walls. There had definitely been a fight here.
“Y’see?” Mickey exclaimed, looking deep in thought.
“But… Who did this?” Kairi asked.
“I don’t know…”
They were again left in silence, all thinking about who could have done it.
“They would have to have been powerful, to defeat Xehanort like that…” Mickey wondered.
“But what happened to them afterwards? It seems to me like Xehanort won, but was heavily injured” Riku said.
“Your probably right…” Thought Sora.
“Maybe they can teleport, like Roxas and Namine…” Said Kairi.
“There’s no bodies here… If they couldn’t teleport, then they must have been a heartless or a nobody… Bodies don’t usually just disappear…” Exclaimed Mickey.
“Mine did” Said Sora. They continued to work out what had happened until they finally gave up, and went back outside, not knowing what to do next.

Last edited:

TwilightRiku_13

HIT THE DECK!!!!!
Awards
Dude, those were some awesome chapters. I really liked the fourth chapter; it was so nice to see those three just eating ice cream and having a good time, but it was a little weird with Namine instead of Xion. The fifth chapter was better though. Just the thought of blood on the walls of the secret place is both freaky and awesome. So, who or what was Xehanort fighting before he attacked Sora and the gang? Can't wait to see who or what was behind that. Also, I really like your Unknown Reports. The first one sounded like it was written by Xion, but the second one sounded like it was written by someone new. I hope you say who wrote them. Anyway, great job, and I look forward to more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back