• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Famitsu Gives KH3D 38/40 + Scans (Now with 100% more swag~)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
famitsu's scores are pretty bullshit nowadays so i would take this with a grain of salt

MizuMikomi

Awards
ding ding ding someone gets it
As if XIII and XIII-2 getting perfect 40's doesn't give that away ~
Personally... I quit reading reviews ages ago, if I am not sure about a game I will watch gameplay of it and form my own opinion from that.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
As if XIII and XIII-2 getting perfect 40's doesn't give that away ~
Personally... I quit reading reviews ages ago, if I am not sure about a game I will watch gameplay of it and form my own opinion from that.

Yeah, I honestly have never liked reviews :/ I always have made my own opinion about games.

MizuMikomi

Awards
Yeah, I honestly have never liked reviews :/ I always have made my own opinion about games.
I'll sometimes read them just to get a good laugh.
I really love when a reviewer has obviously never even played the game, and is judging it based solely on trailer footage and sometimes... just the boxart. xD

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I'll sometimes read them just to get a good laugh.
I really love when a reviewer has obviously never even played the game, and is judging it based solely on trailer footage and sometimes... just the boxart. xD

Ugh that irritates me :p Because for whatever reason some people read reviews before buying like any game, so when reviewers have no idea what they are talking about it actually can hurt a game's sales. :/

MizuMikomi

Awards
Ugh that irritates me :p Because for whatever reason some people read reviews before buying like any game, so when reviewers have no idea what they are talking about it actually can hurt a game's sales. :/
Indeed, and it's proven by the current standard that anything below an 8 is absolute crap.
Since when is a 5, 6, or 7 absolutely terrible?

I find people's take on reviews to be just comical as the reviewers themselves. Since the common sense is quite obviously lacking in both parties ~

Tell me about it!
I love niche games just as much as Kingdom Hearts, so when I see someone just bash the crap out of a game not caring about the audience is intended for, I can't help but fear for it's sales.

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Indeed, and it's proven by the current standard that anything below an 8 is absolute crap.
Since when is a 5, 6, or 7 absolutely terrible?

Part of the problem is the way school grades work (at least in the US) -- on a ten-point scale, 10 and 9 are As, 8's a B, 7's a C, and everything else is an F. If reviewers operate on that kind of assumption, they'll never give a 7 to a game that's better than "barely passable," and anything less than that had to have flunked out.

Then, you get the publishers involved, with all of the "incentives" that they give reviewers and their tendency to flip out when their games aren't reviewed as well as they think the game deserved (see: Assassin's Creed getting a 7) and it drives scores up even further, while pushing some outlets to backlash against games they don't think are important so they can point to them and say "hey, we don't give 9s and 10s to everything!"

The only good use for a game review, to be honest, is to find out whether a game is technically broken. As long as a game works right, everything else comes down to personal preference.

MizuMikomi

Awards
Part of the problem is the way school grades work (at least in the US) -- on a ten-point scale, 10 and 9 are As, 8's a B, 7's a C, and everything else is an F. If reviewers operate on that kind of assumption, they'll never give a 7 to a game that's better than "barely passable," and anything less than that had to have flunked out.
Which is why I am glad I was home schooled from eighth grade onwards. I remember how messed up the grading system was in public school. I got a C+ for a 62, The grading scale needs to be fixed. Or there needs to be a new one, thought up by people that have some common sense. :D

Recon

Art of War
Awards
MX's master plan is to rule Kingdom Hearts by achieving maximum pimpatude. He can only do this by absorbing the swag of anyone worthy, thus, becoming more gangster himself and eliminating the competition to be the ultimate pimp.

Pimpanort be drippin' swag. Did you know that darkness is slang for concentrated swag? Did you know that Birth by Sleep was gonna be Birth by Swag? Did you know that the term swagoo in the Beyonce song "Party" was coined by Pimpanort? Did you know that- I'll stop now.

I present thee

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back