• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"everything is born from sleep"

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
i think you're more focused on ow he said it then what he said.
I think you have poor reading comprehension...

Anyways alil off topic, did you notice the trailer ven said "my friends are my power and I'm theirs" did sora say that exact same line in kh1?
Sora only says the first part in KH1. "My friends are my power."

if not, it should've stayed more loyal to the original
I disagree.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

Allister Rose

French Lover
I don't think that is what it was meant to do. I think it was supposed to be a simple callback. Besides, you still get that connection in the first part anyway.
honestly, thinking-knowing cleared most of the argument (as in there was no point, you were just looking for a fight)

as for the rest, i think it was if they used the line again. the Japanese did it, so why couldn't the English?

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
(as in there was no point, you were just looking for a fight)
lol, you know me so well.

as for the rest, i think it was if they used the line again. the Japanese did it, so why couldn't the English?
Perhaps because doing a straight translation didn't match with the timing of the cutscene.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
they could've made a pause on it like this "MY friends...are my power!"
Gross. Then we would get a Re:CoM situation going on and that is the -worst- thing that could be done.
Plus, English's shows the connection of TAV better.

Allister Rose

French Lover
Gross. Then we would get a Re:CoM situation going on and that is the -worst- thing that could be done.
Plus, English's shows the connection of TAV better.
there faces are show up next to ven, I'm sure there's not much needed. and that wasn't gross. the pause is barely a second i'm sure not many will notice if it were like that.

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Ironic that a bunch of scenes are being changed to make things easier to understand.

Well they did say that there'd be easier story telling. And in this case, I don't think it's a bad thing.

By the way, I doubt many people understood what "birth by sleep" was originally. All I heard was a theory that it meant Ven and the others going to "sleep" and therefore starting Sora's journey, his journey being "born from sleep". Instead though, it just basically means a new beginning for anything or anyone.

Radar

Bronze Member
Doesnt it also go with the theory that all hearts are born from darkness? Like what XH said to Sora at the end of kh1. Doesnt birth by sleep have 2 meanings, or maybe more.

I do think the title was more referring to the fact that ven was/is asleep, and it's sora's destiny to save him, and the rest of the bunch.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
i think you're more focused on ow he said it then what he said.

I love how both were said, actually. I think both voice actors did an amazing job. But, as I said, I liked WHAT the Japanese line said more. 'subete wa nemuri kara umareru' sounds like some profound universal truth being stated; I think it's a very powerful phrasing. I like that about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back