• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Tech ► Droid vs iPhone

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
With the coming release if the iPhone for verizon, I'm in a delimma of sorts. I'm trying to chose between getting the droid 2 + itouch 4G combo vs the iPhone itself keeping in mind that the new itouch can skype/facetime/take pictures etc. So, can you guys lead me one way or another?

Banishing Blade

Iron Tomato
Awards
If you're asking this question, you obviously don't have any predisposition to either companies and I'm assuming their technology philosophies. Logic dictates you go for whichever one is a better deal, money wise, because the features and technological differences won't matter.

Mason Stark

TICK TOCK, KID!
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the Droid 2 + iPod Touch combo would be more expensive compared to the iPhone, but that very much depends on which iPod or iPhone you're interested in getting. However, you could get the iPhone rather than the iPod because it basically has the same features (correct me if I'm wrong? 8D;) and it might be less expensive. D:

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Well I currently have verizon, but like posts above the droid seems like the better phone. But as far as paying the extra 250 for an itouch wouldn't put that big of a dent in my wallet. I just feel like one phone has better features that the other doesn't.

platinumrug

Samsung phones fluffing blow, excuse my french. They can't even get froyo out to their galaxy s lineup on all the major US carriers... While nexus s is the only device i know of that currently has ginger bread and with honey comb being tablet only at the moment, we'll have to wait a minute before we get HC. I, personally am not a fan of Apple and their products. I did own an iPod touch, and only used it for music, since it obviously can't do data without a wifi connection, i almost never had a wifi connection unless i was tethering off my phone, which was slow where i was at.

so in my opinion, i'd just go with an android phone, they're coming out more and more and have way more features than an iphone could ever dream of it. i don't mind passionate iphone fans, but ones that act as if their phone is gods gift to earth need to burn slowly lol. sorry for my rant there, hope it helps.

edit: also, android has any and everything iphone has and more too. not to sound like a fan boy, which i probably am, but i had an android (still do) phone and an ipod touch at the same time and it could do everything the touch could, as far as apps, data (when it was connected) and all that good stuff.

Hollow Bastion

Crimson
Awards
Apple wants to lock down all of their stuff, so everyone has to go through their app store. Android..not so much.

I'm a bit biased, so take what you will, but I lean to Android-based phones.

Siren

brutally homeless and fluffy
Awards
It really depends on what you want from a phone. I love the iPhone 4's design and it would be nice to have something that works a little bit nicer with my Mac, so that's a factor for myself. However, after going through the Droid and Droid Incredible, I do have to say that without some freedom with the homescreens, widgets, and a better browsing experience, I don't see myself taking the leap to iOS any time soon.

Essentially what I'm saying is you have to consider everything about each phone and spend some hands-on time with each before you make a decision. Besides, if you're not happy with the one you pick, most places offer a 15/30-day grace period, so you can switch; no harm, no foul.

ROXAS_32

Lobo Solitario
Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
i would take android over ios.... but then again i dont really care for motorola android phones. why not htc?

Awards
My iPhone is my lifeline and the single best device I've ever owned. I've never used an Android phone for any length of time that qualifies me to make a comparison, but you won't be disappointed if you go with Apple.

LongLiveLife

Bronze Member
My iPhone is my lifeline and the single best device I've ever owned.

Seconded. The Blackberry ain't got nothing on the iPhone. I've also never owned an Android, so any comparison I make between it and the iOS is a moot point. But if you have a Mac, the obvious choice is glaring.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Tread Revival For The Win. And when i said Android is better, it might not be. I have never owned or used an iPhone so i have only an opinion for that.

khlover7

I might return
My iPhone is my lifeline and the single best device I've ever owned. I've never used an Android phone for any length of time that qualifies me to make a comparison, but you won't be disappointed if you go with Apple.

I'm sorry I couldn't hear you over my iPhone.

tumblr_l4knid9vui1qzpwi0o1_500.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back