• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Donald and Goofy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
You know, Jack Sparrow should get a keyblade too. I mean he is a man of veracity and virtues.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
I dunno. Making them seem more like Aqua and Terra will just make them lose their identities. They're already shoved into the background by so much going on, I think the least they can do to help make them feel like crucial parts of the team is to let them be their own characters while fighting. Goofy actually seems pretty fast, compared to Donald at least. I would do the breakdown as:

Donald - Strong magic (spells not even Sora can get), Weak Physical Attack, Moderate HP, Low Defense
Goofy - Weak magic (not much magic bar), Strong Physical Attack, High HP, High Defense

Yeah that seems very promising. And I'm with everyone else in saying that hey do not need Keyblades. It's against their character.

Popsydoodles

Well Kairi wasn't really a prime piece of the plot beyond KH1. She was used to control Sora in COM and got herself into trouble in KH2. In KH1, she was needed by Maleficent... so, yeah she wasn't really major in the plot beyond KH1. I hope Donald and Goofy don't get keyblades.

Id prepare myself by at least coming to terms with the idea because it does look like a possibility. When the final fights come around what the hell are they going to be useful for? You'll have six other keyblade wielders of light and then Donald and goofy with their staff and shield.

Sage-Oracle V

Honestly, they're better off without the keyblades. The empathic weapon turned Jedi lightsaber has already become a plot tumor, and at this point, the only Disney characters who haven't been tossed into the garbage bin of irrelevance are Yen Sid and Mickey, conveniently the only Disney keyblade wielders.

The less they get roped into this convoluted mess, the better. I'd say Nomura may give them keyblades to maintain their relevance in the face of the OC cast stealing the show, but between outright acknowledging how pointless they are at the end of DDD and how they handled Maleficent in the sequels, they're just going to be clutter for the screen from here on out because that's customary at this point or whatever.

Popsydoodles

Honestly, they're better off without the keyblades. The empathic weapon turned Jedi lightsaber has already become a plot tumor, and at this point, the only Disney characters who haven't been tossed into the garbage bin of irrelevance are Yen Sid and Mickey, conveniently the only Disney keyblade wielders.

The less they get roped into this convoluted mess, the better. I'd say Nomura may give them keyblades to maintain their relevance in the face of the OC cast stealing the show, but between outright acknowledging how pointless they are at the end of DDD and how they handled Maleficent in the sequels, they're just going to be clutter for the screen from here on out because that's customary at this point or whatever.
The EPIC battle of the 13 Darknesses against the 7 Guardians of Light ensues in an epic clash of power forming the divine Xblade, the one true key to Kingdom Hearts!!! Oh and Donald and Goofy are here too I guess...

To be fair though the Darknesses do have guys like Xigbar, Isa, AnsemSoD, and Xemnas who don't use a keyblade either.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Considering that DDD outright acknowledged how Donald and Goofy don't seem all that important anymore, I'm pretty sure they're working on that for III. Whether this means they'll do the lazy option and give them Keyblades (please no) or they'll try something I can't imagine clearly right now, we don't really know.

Honestly, giving them a weapon that just about everyone has now isn't the right way to go about making them "relevant" or "important" again. I'd kinda just like for Goofy and Donald to be themselves. Interact with other characters and solve major problems with the cartoonish, classic Disney flair they've had long before KH. That one scene in DDD, where they destroyed Ansem's Guardian by falling on it? We need more scenes like that.

Popsydoodles

Considering that DDD outright acknowledged how Donald and Goofy don't seem all that important anymore, I'm pretty sure they're working on that for III. Whether this means they'll do the lazy option and give them Keyblades (please no) or they'll try something I can't imagine clearly right now, we don't really know.

Honestly, giving them a weapon that just about everyone has now isn't the right way to go about making them "relevant" or "important" again. I'd kinda just like for Goofy and Donald to be themselves. Interact with other characters and solve major problems with the cartoonish, classic Disney flair they've had long before KH. That one scene in DDD, where they destroyed Ansem's Guardian by falling on it? We need more scenes like that.
That's how Xehanort's going out. Donald and Goofy are going to fall on him. Gawd I thought that part was utterly ridiculous. Why can't they be that useful in actual combat?

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Gawd I thought that part was utterly ridiculous. Why can't they be that useful in actual combat? That's how Xehanort's going out. Donald and Goofy are going to fall on him.
Yep, the indestructible Guardian, a creature so impervious to attacks that it can be used as a meat shield even against Keyblades, was one-hit KO'd by a falling duck and dog.

Sheesh, I think I have a newfound respect for KH1 Sora. Same thing happened to him, and he got right back up, dusted himself off, and proceeded to go to town on a giant Heartless. Xehanort doesn't stand a chance against this kid...

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Id prepare myself by at least coming to terms with the idea because it does look like a possibility. When the final fights come around what the hell are they going to be useful for? You'll have six other keyblade wielders of light and then Donald and goofy with their staff and shield.

I thought Donald and Goofy were way more effective (gameplay wise) than when we got stuck with Riku alone at the end of KH2. Donald and Goofy have proven that they can help defeat major bosses (DISNEY villains, huge heartless, and Xehanorts/Organization members). Just because Cloud, Leon, DISNEY partners etc. don't have keyblades doesn't mean they're useless. Beast used his CLAWS to fight Xaldin. We've seen Sora (canonically?) lose to Leon and Cloud. The series has never really portrayed that having a keyblade instantly means you're more powerful than everyone else. It acknowledges the keyblade as a powerful weapon, but it comes down to the wielder. I think they've established that any weapon in KH comes down to the wielder on how powerful they are. So I don't feel it necessary to have Donald/Goofy get keyblades to make them feel useful. Why not just hand Aladdin, Ariel, Jack Skellington, Simba etc. keyblades then?

Muke

whatever
Awards
I thought Donald and Goofy were way more effective (gameplay wise) than when we got stuck with Riku alone at the end of KH2. Donald and Goofy have proven that they can help defeat major bosses (DISNEY villains, huge heartless, and Xehanorts/Organization members). Just because Cloud, Leon, DISNEY partners etc. don't have keyblades doesn't mean they're useless. Beast used his CLAWS to fight Xaldin. We've seen Sora (canonically?) lose to Leon and Cloud. The series has never really portrayed that having a keyblade instantly means you're more powerful than everyone else. It acknowledges the keyblade as a powerful weapon, but it comes down to the wielder. I think they've established that any weapon in KH comes down to the wielder on how powerful they are. So I don't feel it necessary to have Donald/Goofy get keyblades to make them feel useful. Why not just hand Aladdin, Ariel, Jack Skellington, Simba etc. keyblades then?

I totally agree to this. You, my friend deserve a big cookie.
giphy.gif

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
To be honest, I'd like to see a system revamp for companions in general. Maybe they make a bigger difference in lower difficulties, but from my experience from frequently playing Critical Mode, almost all my companions' contributions were negligible. Their attacks are weak, they go down if a couple hits, and it's usually easier for me to just kill everything myself. Maybe it's just because I played all the games where you don't have any companions first...

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
To be honest, I'd like to see a system revamp for companions in general. Maybe they make a bigger difference in lower difficulties, but from my experience from frequently playing Critical Mode, almost all my companions' contributions were negligible. Their attacks are weak, they go down if a couple hits, and it's usually easier for me to just kill everything myself. Maybe it's just because I played all the games where you don't have any companions first...

I felt like the companions became useless in KH2. I once stood and did nothing, while I looked at how much damage they actually did and it was negligible. While in KH1, I'd get upset because Donald and Goofy would take my kills. I think the issue stems from heartless/nobodies being killed too easily by Sora. Because of that, if Donald and Goofy were also able to kill them easily, then there wouldn't be much fighting. So either strength Donald/Goofy and give us more heartless to fight or strength the heartless.

Emperor

I felt like the companions became useless in KH2. I once stood and did nothing, while I looked at how much damage they actually did and it was negligible. While in KH1, I'd get upset because Donald and Goofy would take my kills. I think the issue stems from heartless/nobodies being killed too easily by Sora. Because of that, if Donald and Goofy were also able to kill them easily, then there wouldn't be much fighting. So either strength Donald/Goofy and give us more heartless to fight or strength the heartless.

I can agree with this, the only real use companions offered were invincibility-framed limits. Although, I liked the fact that you could use reaction commands to get Riku to block or follow up hits for you. I wouldn't mind seeing something like that with everyone in a revamped system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back