• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Donald and Goofy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rexy

Bronze Member
Hi there. Just some thoughts :p

I loved Donald and Goofy in Kingdom Hearts 1:

> Donald can hold a punch and have a good range of abilities and magics (the same as Sora's)
> Goofy has good abilities and can hold a lot of punches.

From that game onwards, personaly, I don't really like Donald in Kingdom Hearts Re:Chain of Memories (he usually uses Fire agains Axel or Thunder agains Larxene -.-) and neither I like him in Kingdom Hearts 2 because he only learns Donald Fire, Donald Blizzard, Donald Thunder and Donald Cure (I usually only use him for cure ability).

Now I love the party members in Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance... the dream eater are great (I love Flowbermeow thanks to its Bravery and Faith abilities xD)

I would love to see Donald as he was in Kingdom Hearts 1 or like a dream eater, learning a lot of abilities when leveling up.

that or I would like to see something like the "Gambit System" of FFXII for the party members :p what do you think?

P.S.: I think that Goofy could learn abilities as Protect and Shell :p

Muke

whatever
Awards
So, umm...
What is the purpose of this thread? (just wondering)

Rexy

Bronze Member
So, umm...
What is the purpose of this thread? (just wondering)

I wanted to discuss how do you think that Donald and Goofy are going to be xD sorry for not pointing it... discussing they're abilities and things like that :p

Muke

whatever
Awards
Oh, if that's so! :D

Well, we do know that their AI will be improved. I don't care whether they will be like in KH I or in KH II or whatsoever. Just hopin' for the best. :)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I do want more RPG elements to be introduced with the party member system. The developers should focus on making Donald and Goofy have specific fighting styles (that you can modify) - Donald focuses on a wider range of magic, even more than Sora has, while Goofy focuses on brute force and defensive techniques. The ability pools that Donald and Goofy will have can be greatly widened, and the way you have them fight is more controllable than in KH1 or 2.

If they do that for Donald and Goofy, they can also make the party members in the DISNEY worlds fight like they would. But, they can also give them certain advantages for being in their home world, which would encourage players to use them in their world.

I really just want them to improve the RPG elements of KH3. Don't eliminate what's already there, but rather build on it to make the RPG elements even more present. I would like a sort of Gambit System/License Grid to be in effect for Donald/Goofy so you can really shape them the way you want.

Awards
I do want more RPG elements to be introduced with the party member system. The developers should focus on making Donald and Goofy have specific fighting styles (that you can modify) - Donald focuses on a wider range of magic, even more than Sora has, while Goofy focuses on brute force and defensive techniques. The ability pools that Donald and Goofy will have can be greatly widened, and the way you have them fight is more controllable than in KH1 or 2.

If they do that for Donald and Goofy, they can also make the party members in the DISNEY worlds fight like they would. But, they can also give them certain advantages for being in their home world, which would encourage players to use them in their world.

I really just want them to improve the RPG elements of KH3. Don't eliminate what's already there, but rather build on it to make the RPG elements even more present. I would like a sort of Gambit System/License Grid to be in effect for Donald/Goofy so you can really shape them the way you want.
I'm hoping for something like that, too. It'd be so much fun.

This is the first time that Goofy and Donald have been back in the action with [not!data] Sora in so long! They should bring lots of new stuff to the table. And if they don't get lots of new abilities and story relevance even though they were complaining about being out of focus in DDD, it'd really be such a waste.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Maybe, Donald and Goofy can act like Aqua and Terra respectably.

Donald is very versatile with Magic but is very physically frail.
Goofy is very strong with his physical hits but is the slowest and sluggish of the bunch.

I get it, this may be how they were like in KH2, however, I want them both to be more like Aqua and Terra for Sora who harbour's Ventus' heart.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Maybe, Donald and Goofy can act like Aqua and Terra respectably.

Donald is very versatile with Magic but is very physically frail.
Goofy is very strong with his physical hits but is the slowest and sluggish of the bunch.

I get it, this may be how they were like in KH2, however, I want them both to be more like Aqua and Terra for Sora who harbour's Ventus' heart.

I dunno. Making them seem more like Aqua and Terra will just make them lose their identities. They're already shoved into the background by so much going on, I think the least they can do to help make them feel like crucial parts of the team is to let them be their own characters while fighting. Goofy actually seems pretty fast, compared to Donald at least. I would do the breakdown as:

Donald - Strong magic (spells not even Sora can get), Weak Physical Attack, Moderate HP, Low Defense
Goofy - Weak magic (not much magic bar), Strong Physical Attack, High HP, High Defense

Popsydoodles

I dunno. Making them seem more like Aqua and Terra will just make them lose their identities. They're already shoved into the background by so much going on, I think the least they can do to help make them feel like crucial parts of the team is to let them be their own characters while fighting.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if at some point in kh3 they feel totally useless because of their lack of keyblades and Nomura just gives them each their own. Personally I expected these two to get one before Lea or Kairi. As of right now I think they're the only ones without them.

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I actually wouldn't be surprised if at some point in kh3 they feel totally useless because of their lack of keyblades and Nomura just gives them each their own. Personally I expected these two to get one before Lea or Kairi. As of right now I think they're the only ones without them.

I don't want them to get keyblades. They've proven you don't need a keyblade to fight the most dangerous of beings. Unless the series is moving to a Chi-like world where everyone has a keyblade.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Don't give them Keyblades, Jesus Christ! Just diversify their existing abilities and allow them to be useful on their own merits. Keyblades are BORING PIECES OF SHIT

Goofy being able to transform his shield into a fucking hang-glider to kick enemies in the face or Donald being able to shoot -Za or -Gun spells would be way better.

A Keyblade is a Keyblade is a Keyblade, and they're all the same thing.

Awards
In KH3, in a moment of darkness, when all seems lost and Goofy and Donald run out in front of Sora to protect him from an attact, suddenly a bright light shines, and from their strong hearts and close connection to Sora, they are granted the first ever lockshield and keyring-staff. They're suddenly taken seriously as characters again and can do a new combo attack together with Sora's keyblade.

Popsydoodles

I'm not saying they should have them. I'm just saying Nomura is handing them out like lollipops. At some point I can see them getting their own. "Gwash Sora. We're keyblade wielders just like you! Hyuk!"

@MegaWallflower
Then they'll have everything under lock and key! In all seriousness though maybe those could be some form of keyblade transformation. I think you're on to something there.

Pandymint

Awards
Do you insert the keystaff into the locksheild to create a superweapon that behave suspiciously like a hammer?

Pandymint

Awards
Mega you have to think these things through or you will Leeroy Jenkins yourself!

Actually what happens is that once you insert the keystaff into the lockshield you unlock the true ending where you find out Sora was actually Ventus in disguise the whole time while the real Sora was off building his own Keyblade Army for the sake of taking Xehanort out in one fell swoop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back