• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Donald and Goofy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Mega you have to think these things through or you will Leeroy Jenkins yourself!

Actually what happens is that once you insert the keystaff into the lockshield you unlock the true ending where you find out Sora was actually Ventus in disguise the whole time while the real Sora was off building his own Keyblade Army for the sake of taking Xehanort out in one fell swoop.
Brilliant! The true ending! And Goofy and Donald would get to have a... key role it! Eh? Eh?

Popsydoodles

What does this key ring staff look like? Is it like one of those summoner staffs with all the rings on it and those rings have little keys on them?

also why do some of my post need to be moderated while others don't? It's confusing me. Specifically posts when I'm quoting or directing it to another user.

Last edited:

Pandymint

Awards
Brilliant! The true ending! And Goofy and Donald would get to have a... key role it! Eh? Eh?
You just made me choke on cigarette smoke, congratulations! Clearly you need to handle all matter of puns.

Popsydoodles

Yeah a khakkhara. Didn't know what they were called. Could only remember that Yuna used one and she was a summoner.

Last edited:

Rexy

Bronze Member
Did we play the same game?

He does get once more and\or seconda chance in kh1. He really was helpfull in kh1. In kingdom hearts 2 he just ko'd with every attack and on re chain he used the wonrg masgic asgains the wrong opponents. He was really smart in kh 1, not using blizzard against the blue nocturna or using gravity againsd the green and yellow ones...

Popsydoodles

He does get once more and\or seconda chance in kh1. He really was helpfull in kh1. In kingdom hearts 2 he just ko'd with every attack and on re chain he used the wonrg masgic asgains the wrong opponents. He was really smart in kh 1, not using blizzard against the blue nocturna or using gravity againsd the green and yellow ones...

The only thing I can remember about Donald is his ability to use cure moments after I already had done it myself.

Pandymint

Awards
The only thing I can remember about Donald is his ability to use cure moments after I already had done it myself.

Quoted for the absolute truth. I hope they can fix that in III. It was so annoying. He'd heal you RIGHT as you do it yourself, or when you're out of MP and running ragged with no Ethers or Potions or whathaveyou, he's got just a little MP left and then he wastes it on a subpar attack.

You just made an unintentionally dirty joke and I love you for it!

I actually didn't realize it until about 10 minutes later and thought "....That is such a classy dirty joke, it deserves to live."

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I didn't have a problem with Donald in KH1. The issue was Donald in KH2. The "call for help" button in KH1 helped so much, because if I was dying, Donald would heal me and Goofy would send me MP. In KH2, Donald would just get himself killed/heal me at the wrong time/heal himself instead of me.

Popsydoodles

My real hope is for Donald and Goofy to be of extreme importance in this one and not just two sideline benchwarmers. There over there chillin with Kairi and shiet. Everyone is getting spotlight (including Kairi now actually) while these guys are just there. What if Donald and Goofy were actually two legitimate GoL though whole time? Let's see a Mickey, Donald, and Goofy super royal musketeer trinity limit. All for one and one for all you know?

Last edited:

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I kind of wonder why Donald and Goofy still venture with Sora. In KH1 there was the reason "follow the key", and in KHCoM and KH2 it made sense... but, in KH3 we have Riku, Kairi, Lea, Mickey, Donald, and Goofy on the roster. Why wouldn't Sora/Riku/Kairi go as a team, while Mickey/Donald/Goofy go off elsewhere? Not that I want to break up the dynamic of Sora/Donald/Goofy, but I feel like a reason might be needed to keep them together as a team. Wouldn't Mickey want to work with his friends again, and Sora too? I mean, they could just have Yen Sid say "these are the teams", but that feels kind of weak.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Well Kairi is still in training and won't be active till at least the middle of the game. And since this series is a Square+Disney theme it kind of makes sense why Riku and Sora travel with their Disney allies rather than with each other.

Pandymint

Awards
The way I see it, Donald and Goofy are just permanent fixtures with Sora. They've been together for so long, it'd be weird if they suddenly weren't. They would never voluntarily abandon Sora. As far as the other wielders, it would make more sense for them to split up and take on different problems instead of throwing your eggs into one basket.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
The way I see it, Donald and Goofy are just permanent fixtures with Sora. They've been together for so long, it'd be weird if they suddenly weren't. They would never voluntarily abandon Sora. As far as the other wielders, it would make more sense for them to split up and take on different problems instead of throwing your eggs into one basket.

True, but if you think about it...

Riku/Mickey - two keyblade masters
Lea/Kairi - two keyblade wielders, both on the level of Riku/Mickey due to the time chamber
Sora/Donald/Goofy - one keyblade wielder and two non-keyblade wielders

It feels like Sora is getting the weaker group. I mean, I'm happy with the Sora/Donald/Goofy dynamic, but I just don't get why Sora - for the first time ever since leaving the islands - not want to venture with Riku and Kairi. It'd be the perfect learning experience for Kairi, while having Riku and Sora there for her. Lea's proven he can handle things well enough on his own, and having the Mickey/Donald/Goofy reunion would also work.

So... I hope that there is some reason why Donald and Goofy have to go with Sora. That could help giving them importance. The bond of Sora/Donald/Goofy should be really played up and necessary.

Pandymint

Awards
Lea/Kairi - two keyblade wielders, both on the level of Riku/Mickey due to the time chamber

I wasn't aware Kingdom Hearts shared a universe with Dragon Ball. xD

I get what you're saying though. Putting it that way, I do want to see those two groups happen. Guess we'll just have to wait and see if theres a reason other than 'we didn't want to program them as allies.'

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
True, but if you think about it...

Riku/Mickey - two keyblade masters
Sora/Donald/Goofy - one keyblade wielder and two non-keyblade wielders

It feels like Sora is getting the weaker group. I mean, I'm happy with the Sora/Donald/Goofy dynamic, but I just don't get why Sora - for the first time ever since leaving the islands - not want to venture with Riku and Kairi. It'd be the perfect learning experience for Kairi, while having Riku and Sora there for her. Lea's proven he can handle things well enough on his own, and having the Mickey/Donald/Goofy reunion would also work.

So... I hope that there is some reason why Donald and Goofy have to go with Sora. That could help giving them importance. The bond of Sora/Donald/Goofy should be really played up and necessary.

I just came across a really good theory on Tumblr, saying how Donald and Goofy help Sora to stay positive--because of their promise to each other to "keep smiling"--and also pick up on a lot of things that he necessarily doesn't.

Or, at the very least, they might have a different opinion or view on something, that then makes Sora stop for a second to actually consider things (as seen in Chain of Memories).

The theory then goes on to say that maybe because Donald and Goofy weren't with Sora in Dream Drop Distance to help better him--and that this was also his adventure alone--that maybe that's why he fell into Xehanort's trap so easily and got consumed by the darkness in it.

So in KHIII, maybe Sora's learned his lesson and that's why he thinks it's best to bring them along with him again?

(That, and I'm pretty sure that Donald and Goofy are raring to go on an adventure again with Sora, because of their bond, as well as to be able to "do something important"--as said in DDD.)

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I just came across a really good theory on Tumblr, saying how Donald and Goofy help Sora to stay positive--because of their promise to each other to "keep smiling"--and also pick up on a lot of things that he necessarily doesn't.

Or, at the very least, they might have a different opinion or view on something, that then makes Sora stop for a second to actually consider things (as seen in Chain of Memories).

The theory then goes on to say that maybe because Donald and Goofy weren't with Sora in Dream Drop Distance to help better him--and that this was also his adventure alone--that maybe that's why he fell into Xehanort's trap so easily and got consumed by the darkness in it.

So in KHIII, maybe Sora's learned his lesson and that's why he thinks it's best to bring them along with him again?

(That, and I'm pretty sure that Donald and Goofy are raring to go on an adventure again with Sora, because of their bond, as well as to be able to "do something important"--as said in DDD.)

I like this. I hope they play that up some more in KH3. I'd love for something like CoM, where Sora wants to believe/do one thing while Donald and Goofy try to convince him otherwise.

Popsydoodles

It really does look like it's coming to Donald and Goofy getting keyblades to stay relevant. That's how Kairi gained a boost to her status even though she was already a PoH. Funny how someone who is a prime piece of the plot can get moved to the background the way Kairi did.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
It really does look like it's coming to Donald and Goofy getting keyblades to stay relevant. That's how Kairi gained a boost to her status even though she was already a PoH. Funny how someone who is a prime piece of the plot can get moved to the background the way Kairi did.

Well Kairi wasn't really a prime piece of the plot beyond KH1. She was used to control Sora in COM and got herself into trouble in KH2. In KH1, she was needed by Maleficent... so, yeah she wasn't really major in the plot beyond KH1. I hope Donald and Goofy don't get keyblades.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back