• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone NOT hate the NA version?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HoverKnight

I am too. :3

And I looked up V Cast, it doesn't exist. So, not sure wtf it is...

Kingdom Hearts V Cast is a Kingdom hearts game made for mobile using V Cast services back in the day, The game was made by Disney and is not considered part of the cannon Kingdom Hearts Hearts universe as stated by Nomura in an interview.

Kiro

Awards
I was partially joking, though I guess I am fine with being labeled as an atheist though. I define myself more of an apatheist. Sorry didn't meant to get off-topic, just wanted to joke about that Christian thing.

Edit: Actually I meant to start with '...but...' but I messed up the joke. Geez I hope I don't start shit with this, lol.

Last edited:

AuroraX

Awards
I've actually heard about V-Cast/ The game that isn't cannon. I never played it and I'm pretty sure it was during the days of flip phones (aka: my childhood).

I realize this whole post might make me look like an idiot, oh well.

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
King, tell us more! I want to know about this game and why it was good/sucked o.o

Quite! I'd be interested in hearing as much as you could tell us! What worlds you encountered, what puzzles and characters you can remember, bosses, appearances, anything really!

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Geez you guys know how to ruin a perfectly valid thread.

Im enjoying UXNA for what it is, something to pick up and play during the down periods of my day. Right now it isn't meant to be the highly competitive game the Japanese version is with a thousand events and medals only given from certain places on the ranks. UXNA and UXJP are different games and they should be treated as such.

Also, back to a topic from two pages ago, didn't the jewel quest start as a limited time event in japan before becoming a permanent addition to the game?

Kingdom King 13

Okay...because people asked, I'll tell about V Cast. It was... not good. But it had some fairly decent moments. And to be fair, this was back in the day when cell phones were barely advanced enough to play games at all, so I suppose that in and of itself is fairly impressive.

CONTROL:
Sora has tank controls. Tank. Controls. What this means, is that Sora can only run forward. If you want to run in a different direction, you must stop, turn in place, then run straight ahead in the new direction. This makes dodging incoming attacks borderline, if not completely, impossible. You can jump, swing your Keyblade, and cast spells, when you get them. Very very simple. Items also exist, Potions and Ethers, and they are used automatically when your HP or MP get low. This means that, if you smack around a bunch of Heartless and buy a crapton of Potions, you're basically immortal. Good thing too given the lack of dodging capability.
New to this game, and I believe the only game that shares this trait is the ORIGINAL Coded, is the ability to die by falling off a cliff. There actually are platforming and balancing sections in this game, particularly in the final world, where you can die, several times, by falling. This was a trait that I actually didn't mind, for reasons I'll disclose further down.

PLOT:
Okay, so as near as I can tell, this game takes place smack dab in the middle of KHI, after Agrabah but before Hollow Bastion. Maleficent schemes to trap Sora in a nightmare, and if he can't wake before midnight, he will turn into a Heartless. She casts her spell, and Sora conks out right on the Gummi Ship in the middle of space while Donald's flying them to the next world. Sora "wakes" in his dream on Swashbucklers' Island, the first of four worlds in the game. Needless to say, he's a little disoriented, but a character simply called the Swordsman's Parrot guides him into building a raft. It's here that the first boss is met, Anti Sora. He mimics your every move, and if you try to attack him, he will attack as well and will always win the clash, damaging you. At the start of the battle, there is a hole in the ground behind Anti Sora. To win this fight, as soon as the battle starts: Take three steps back. Boom. You've won. Anti Sora will back up to mimic you and plummet into the hole to its death. Lamest. Fight. In. A. Video. Game. Ever.
Sora somehow uses his raft to sail to Wonderland. Wonderland is cool in a way, because you don't just fight the Heartless: Some of the native creatures attack you too. I don't remember too much of this, but I do seem to recall those bird glasses from the movie attacking you. If I recall correctly, Sora learns how to wake from his nightmare here: He meets the Caterpillar, also from the movie, and the Caterpillar reveals that if he wants to escape Maleficent's curse, he must concoct a potion: easy enough, save for the three main ingredients. The tooth of a Crocodile, a Serpent, and a Dragon. All throughout this, Donald and Goofy are looking for Sora as well. The boss of Wonderland is, conveniently enough, a giant floating ghost crocodile head. It will open its mouth to bite you. When it does, shoot it with magic. Eventually the croc will "die," and leave behind a tooth, the first of three that you need.
Agrabah is pretty straight forward. Jafar has taken over, yadda yadda. Interestingly, Sora becomes the Master of the Genie, and uses his wishes to get to Jafar. It is here that we come to my favorite part of the game: a Cobra Jafar fight. HELL. YES. I was always disappointed Cobra Jafar never made it into the main KH series, and even though this game is just a pitiful shadow of a proper KH game, it was still cool to see, even if he did only have one attack: lunge and bite. Anyway, beat the snot out of Cobra Jafar, and you now have yourself a snake tooth. Only one tooth to go.
Now we come to the final world: Maleficent's Fortress. Yes, BBS wasn't the first game to take us there. Not only that, but in addition to the Heartless, you also fight Maleficent's piggy minions from the movie and BBS as well! It's also here that Donald and Goofy catch up to you. You fight through the castle, then come to the final tower. It's here that death by falling is kinda cool, because the climb up to Maleficent for the final battle is NERVE WRACKING. See, you have to climb along the outside of the tower, and those tank controls make it dang difficult. Granted I'm no fan of Tank Sora, but still, that harrowing climb was a guilty pleasure. You get to the top, Maleficent stupidly changes into her Dragon form (I'm sorry, but are you an idiot? You do know a dragon tooth is needed to BREAK YOUR OWN SPELL, RIGHT?), you beat the snot out of her, and you get your last tooth. This fight is also one of the only fair boss fights in the game, because even though you still can't dodge, you can at least smack her fireballs out of the way with the Keyblade.

Anyway, for the grand finale, Sora races to one of Maleficent's cauldrons, create the potion with Donald's help, dump the Teeth in the potion, lights Goofy's head on fire because he got in the way of your Fire spell trying to cook the potion, THEN you light the cauldron, and jump inside the Cauldron into the brew. Sora immediately wakes up in the Gummi Ship once more. He tells Donald about his dream and is thankful that it turned out to be just that: a dream. Goofy asks if Sora is sure that it was just a dream... Sora turns back, and Goofy's head is still on fire.

...The end.

Let the confusion flow through you.

Last edited:
Awards
Okay...because people asked, I'll tell about V Cast. It was... not good. But it had some fairly decent moments. And to be fair, this was back in the day when cell phones were barely advanced enough to play games at all, so I suppose that in and of itself is fairly impressive.

The way you describe it it sounds like fun and ridiculous at the same time. I wish I could have played it just for the sake of doing so :p

(Sorry for going off-topic guys...)

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards

[snip]

...The end.

You know, right up til now, I was thinking you were just joking or being sarcastic about playing that game, but now... wow. You can't just make that stuff up.

Kingdom King 13

No, no you can't, Osprey. It was... bizarre.

By the way, the game took less than a day to 100% complete. The max level Sora could get to was seven.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards

[blah blah blah]

...The end.

The confusion has been flowed.

But, wow, so that's V-Cast. It feels weird finally knowing what happens in that game.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Thanks Kingdom King, apart from the controls and the bosses that didn't sound half bad, I wish there was more footage of this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back