• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else miss final bosses that aren't wielders?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Or penultimate bosses for that matter. I noticed that every 1 of the 4 games released since KH2 has had keyblade wielders as not only the final bosses but as the preceding bosses as well.

-Days
Penultimate: Xion (though granted weather she's using keyblades in that fight is debatable)
Final: Riku

-BBS
Penultimate: Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Braig (the only exception)
Final: X-Blade Vanitas & Terranort

-Coded
Penultimate: Sora's Heartless (an imitation of a keyblade, but close enough for this rant)
Final: Data-Roxas

-DDD
Penultimate: Teen Xehanort
Final: Nightmare Armor

& we're apparently getting 13 in a row with KH3

It's gotten rather tiresome. & looking at videos of YMX & NA they're running out of ways to keep them diverse. YMX is pretty much Terranort 2.0 & NA doesn't seem to even do much besides wildly swinging. Is it too much to ask for a final boss that doesn't use a keyblade of any sort?

Hillboy

MIA
Awards
I don't mind Keyblade wielder final bosses as long as (Like you said) diverse.
I thought YMX was different enough, at least for me anyways. I don't mind as long as you're not facing some giant city size monster. I always hated those. Final bosses are always the best when it's mano y mano

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
Or penultimate bosses for that matter. I noticed that every 1 of the 4 games released since KH2 has had keyblade wielders as not only the final bosses but as the preceding bosses as well.

-Days
Penultimate: Xion (though granted weather she's using keyblades in that fight is debatable)
Final: Riku

-BBS
Penultimate: Master Xehanort, Vanitas, Braig (the only exception)
Final: X-Blade Vanitas & Terranort

-Coded
Penultimate: Sora's Heartless (an imitation of a keyblade, but close enough for this rant)
Final: Data-Roxas

-DDD
Penultimate: Teen Xehanort
Final: Nightmare Armor

& we're apparently getting 13 in a row with KH3

It's gotten rather tiresome. & looking at videos of YMX & NA they're running out of ways to keep them diverse. YMX is pretty much Terranort 2.0 & NA doesn't seem to even do much besides wildly swinging. Is it too much to ask for a final boss that doesn't use a keyblade of any sort?

Well Nightmare Armor is just Sora in Ven's armor. It would be weird if he suddenly had some different battle style wouldn't it?

But I must disagree with you on YMX, his battle style is quite unique imo.

I don't mind Keyblade wielder final bosses as long as (Like you said) diverse.
I thought YMX was different enough, at least for me anyways. I don't mind as long as you're not facing some giant city size monster. I always hated those. Final bosses are always the best when it's mano y mano

Really? Replaying through KH1 made me kind of miss the giant final bosses :p The World of Darkness was just messed up and awesome though, so maybe that is why. It is a little cliche though, I will admit.

Jaesung

Well. I don't mind a boss that's a wielder. Though i want the battle to be a real challenge if they are a wielder.
Cause if they are wielding a weapon, they should be able to excel with it, without using magic.
Like a true battle where both sides are even. Making reaction commands or executing moves feel fun and have fun.
I just don't want a battle where I can over power a boss, or being killed in one hit. Want it to where it feels extreme and you can smile and be. "Best. Fight. Ever." Then save the game on a different file, reset. Then actually repeat the boss fight again!

Lars

well i would hate if the final boss will be a giant heartless, nobody or dream eater

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
But I miss those grandiose epic scale finales. I'm not saying 1-on-1 duel final bosses are bad in general but there's been too many of them lately. They should mix it up more.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Give me a Final Fantasy boss other than Sephiroth, please.

well i would hate if the final boss will be a giant heartless, nobody or dream eater

I wouldn't. I wouldn't mind fighting some super powerful humanoid heartless at all; whether it's a giant or an adult-sized figure doesn't matter to me (though I'd prefer the latter).

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
Technically all the final bosses we've fought so far have been wielders, sans Marluxia. Xemnas has the ability to wield a Keyblade, he just didn't use it for some reason and I'm a bit iffy about Ansem but he used a blade when possessing Riku and seems to have the ability. It's just that not everyone that could use a Keyblade didn't for one reason or another.

MardukKurios

Well the only "Final Boss" who wasn't a wielder is in Aquas Secret Episode, the Hunter of the Darkness.

Marx15

Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω Ω
Well the only "Final Boss" who wasn't a wielder is in Aquas Secret Episode, the Hunter of the Darkness.

And that's the true ending of the game, so every main game (and CoM) has had a non-keyblade wielding boss fight.

That makes KH1 (1), CoM (2), KH2 (3), BBS (4) as non-keyblade wielding FINAL bosses.
So that means Days (1), CODED (2), and DDD (3) as keyblade wielding FINAL bosses.

(That is story-wise at least)

We've had more non-keyblade wielders than keyblade wielders......so I'm not tired of them in least. It's been pretty balanced between them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back