• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else find it dumb...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That Sora is taller than Goofy in this game? There's something totally off-putting about it. I guess the SDG dynamic looked better when Sora was in the middle on the height scale. It's just less endearing to me. Does anybody else agree, or am I totally nuts?

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
Well, Sora did grow physically in his one-year sleep, so I really don't find it that shocking to see him being as tall as Goofy. Some people can have quite an extreme growth spurt, see.

Launchpad

Awards
I get you, I know how it happened. I just don't think it's very appealing from a design standpoint. I guess I liked it the way it was before, because Sora's height placement in the middle mirrored Mickey's typical placement in the middle. Goofy is sort of supposed to be the tall guy, and that shouldn't be taken away. There are a lot of scaling issues in KH, though.

Ballad of Caius

Player 💀
Awards
Sora is, what? 17/18 years old? I think the body stops growing after 17, so it makes a bit of sense. Also, is Riku not taller than any of them? Other than that, Sora's battle stance consists of hunching his back a little, so that should be "remedied" in battles.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Sora is actually 15 in KH 2.
Not much time passed between KH 2, Coded and DDD, so he should be (at most) close to 16 in KH 3.

Riku truly is adult height though, and in all honesty, Goofy isn't even that tall.
Sure, among Disney characters he is, but most of the human adult characters like most Organisation members or FF characters like Leon are often also taller than Goofy.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I didn't really notice tbh. I was too distracted by Sora's zippers and deducing if whether or not the "X" straps over his crotch ment that Xehanort claimed him.

Last edited:

gamerobber7

Bronze Member
Awards
That Sora is taller than Goofy in this game? There's something totally off-putting about it. I guess the SDG dynamic looked better when Sora was in the middle on the height scale. It's just less endearing to me. Does anybody else agree, or am I totally nuts?

I can see your point though I was glad I didn't have to keep looking into his mouth every time I went into first person view. xD

Launchpad

Awards
I can see your point though I was glad I didn't have to keep looking into his mouth every time I went into first person view. xD

That was actually a tradition for me in KHI, I immediately tried to do it when I got KHII and realized that the magic was GONE. ALL GONE.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You know, I didn't realize it at all. In a way it bothers me, but I felt that the whole height scale was way off in KH2 in general. Sora was taller, but he STILL only reached up to Leon's lower chest. Yuffie, who isn't much older than him, is about a head taller.

I didn't really notice tbh. I was too distracted by Sora's zippers and deducing if whether or not the "X" straps over his crouch ment that Xehanort claimed him.

Who wouldn't want to claim that butt and groin?

Sora is, what? 17/18 years old? I think the body stops growing after 17, so it makes a bit of sense. Also, is Riku not taller than any of them? Other than that, Sora's battle stance consists of hunching his back a little, so that should be "remedied" in battles.

Like Seph said, Sora is 15 lol. (most likely going to be 16 sometime during KH3) Also the body doesn't stop growing until 20. Sora is ridiculously short even though he grew.

Ruran

Awards
The scaling in character height does tend to be really off in KH but by my calculations Sora's only 5'0", approximately. That's comparing him to Leon who's supposed to be about 5'10" and Cloud 5'7", but in KH, Leon is shorter than Cloud so...Goofy's really short anyway, lol. Sora needs more protein in his diet. Everyone does actually. Most of the protagonists are mid teenagers and a good chunk of them are some clone in one way or another, so about half the cast is only around five feet. Most of the 'Norts are giants by comparison, they just need to sit on our heros to win.

Who wouldn't want to claim that butt and groin?

I misspelled "crotch", *crying*

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
This has ALWAYS bothered me! Mainly because my whole life I figured Goofy's height to be something around 5' 8".

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I remember someone creating a height chart by using Johnny Depp as a base. Don't quite remember what the results were but Sora definitely exceeded 5 feet.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I remember someone creating a height chart by using Johnny Depp as a base. Don't quite remember what the results were but Sora definitely exceeded 5 feet.

lol I never even thought of using him as a scale, that's pretty ingenious if you ask me.

I never really noticed it until now, but now I have trouble unseeing it, but it all pretty much comes down to the fact that we're so used to Goofy being the tallest of the Disney main characters. The thing is, you have to remember that Goofy is significantly taller than Mickey or Donald, but both Mickey and Donald are VERY short. If Goofy ended up being 6 ft (so that he's taller than everyone), he would stand well over Mickey and Donald, who are both really short.

EDIT: Just did a quick search and the height of the characters is quite a popular topic. I found an image that stated all the Org.'s heights and Roxas was stated to be 5'6, considering that's Sora's body, I would say Sora is also 5'6 in KH2, which isn't pretty nice in size for his age.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
EDIT: Just did a quick search and the height of the characters is quite a popular topic. I found an image that stated all the Org.'s heights and Roxas was stated to be 5'6, considering that's Sora's body, I would say Sora is also 5'6 in KH2, which isn't pretty nice in size for his age.

There is no way he can be 5'6". Leon is 5'8"/5'10" and he towers over Sora.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards

Is that official? I'd like to see.

5' 6" in centimetres would be... around 165 cm. That's actually more toward the taller end in the Eastern community (which I assume the designers drew standards from) for a 15-year-old guy, although there are a few people reaching that height at that age. However, if Sora really were that tall, about Riku... I imagine he would be around 180 cm (6') which is considered truly tall here for a 16-year-old. Even I only know few people around my age who are that tall.

Ruran

Awards
The height scaling in KH is pretty wonky. Officially Leon is 5'8"-5'10" and Cloud 5'7", but in KH Cloud looks taller than Leon.

kh2-cloudleon-s.jpg

I specifically used Leon as a base when trying to deduce Sora's height, but that's assuming he's still supposed to be 5'10" (or 5'8", but I went with 5'10"). I reckon whomever made the models didn't worry about these little details as long as the characters looked proportioned.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I never knew this bothered people so much. Now it will bug me for life if any character looks taller or shorter than they should. I noticed Sora got taller, as well as Namine. With Namine it was very noticeable I thought though.
ncomvsnii.jpg

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
The height scaling in KH is pretty wonky. Officially Leon is 5'8"-5'10" and Cloud 5'7", but in KH Cloud looks taller than Leon.

kh2-cloudleon-s.jpg

I specifically used Leon as a base when trying to deduce Sora's height, but that's assuming he's still supposed to be 5'10" (or 5'8", but I went with 5'10"). I reckon whomever made the models didn't worry about these little details as long as the characters looked proportioned.

That picture isn't a real good comparison though, as firstly they stand on a sloping path there with Cloud standing on the higher end, secondly of course Cloud's hair (remove the spikes and they're about even head-wise) and thirdly their battle stances, Leon bends forward a bit in his battle stance (and has his head also bent a bit forward because he's looking at the Heartless coming at him from further down the sloping path) while Cloud stands upright, this is also noticeable by the different points their shoulders are located.

Looking at models, Leon and Cloud seem to be roughly at the same height, which would work if Leon in KH is situated at the lower end of his "spectrum" with 5'8 while Cloud is 5'7:
mmd_leon_and_cloud_dlc_by_renzo_senpai-d4oko38.png

This gif also shows that, when Leon gets to stand "upright" as well he's as tall as Cloud, and with Cloud standing on a higher point of the sloping path they are on, this means Leon is actually taller than Cloud.
tumblr_mjxpa8kMBW1r5a8zgo1_500.gif

*o_0*
(I can't believe I actually wrote this much about the height of fictional characters...)

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
That picture isn't a real good comparison though, as firstly they stand on a sloping path there with Cloud standing on the higher end, secondly of course Cloud's hair (remove the spikes and they're about even head-wise) and thirdly their battle stances, Leon bends forward a bit in his battle stance (and has his head also bent a bit forward because he's looking at the Heartless coming at him from further down the sloping path) while Cloud stands upright, this is also noticeable by the different points their shoulders are located.

Looking at models, Leon and Cloud seem to be roughly at the same height, which would work if Leon in KH is situated at the lower end of his "spectrum" with 5'8 while Cloud is 5'7:
mmd_leon_and_cloud_dlc_by_renzo_senpai-d4oko38.png

This gif also shows that, when Leon gets to stand "upright" as well he's as tall as Cloud, and with Cloud standing on a higher point of the sloping path they are on, this means Leon is actually taller than Cloud.
tumblr_mjxpa8kMBW1r5a8zgo1_500.gif

*o_0*
(I can't believe I actually wrote this much about the height of fictional characters...)

Very observant, and I'm glad you took into consideration the fact that Squall may actually only be 5'8, which by looking at your post and these pictures, is very likely

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
*claps at Sephiroth's height comparison*

It's kinda funny that this bothers us so much.
Does anyone have a height comparison chart of all the characters? I found one of Org. XIII.

All-Heights.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back