• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Does anyone else find it dumb...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
I couldn't find a good shot but it looks like in KH1, Sora reaches just above Leon's crotch. So it looks like Sora only got about six-ish inches taller in KH2. (Still going by Squall's official height) This puts Sora at somewhere around 3' 8" in the first game...
My braaaaaaaaaaain! That can't be right! They can't be that short! Whyyyyyyyyyyy!? *brain explodes*

Guh... I think I'll look through... the game more... I... Must... Know... Correct... Heights...

How about comparing KH2 Sora and Leon? That might give us a better perspective since it seems the proportions in that game are a bit more... refined, I guess. It's rather "amazing" to think that Sora is that short even as a 14-year-old...

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I'm curious if Nomura has honestly ever thought about the heights of these characters (I doubt it given how ridiculous it looks Sora is...there is NO WAY he is that short O_O).
It seems to be pretty common in Japan to have the young heroes ridiculously short. I'll see if I can find some examples.

How about comparing KH2 Sora and Leon? That might give us a better perspective since it seems the proportions in that game are a bit more... refined, I guess. It's rather "amazing" to think that Sora is that short even as a 14-year-old...
I did use KHII Sora and Leon at first. Then went from there. My problem with figuring out they're heights, though, is no matter how I do it, either are heroes are ridiculously short, or everyone else is ridiculously huuuuge. Though the former is easier for me to accept.
I measured my head.... and my parents heads. So what I'll do is use my three head sizes on Leon(because I've been using him) and maybe a couple other characters, then go from there.
Obsessiooon.....

Solo

Silver Member
Awards
It seems to be pretty common in Japan to have the young heroes ridiculously short. I'll see if I can find some examples.

It kind of is. The character designers could have referred to local youngsters as their reference, and a majority of Asians (at least East and Southeast Asians) are not that tall at 14 or 15 years of age. Not shorter than 4' 4", though, usually.

Last edited:

Egypt

Yuffie's height is 5'2", Sora is the same height in KH2. KH1 he is shorter by about ~6 inches. Aeris is 5'3" (3 cm taller than Yuffie), but she is shown quite taller than Yuffie, perhaps to exaggerate Yuffie's height. You can double check their height comparisons by going to filmbug and looking up an artist with the same (Final Fantasy character) you want to compare Sora to and put in different heights to see where he comes up to on them. Him being 5'2/1 matches Squall/Leon pretty accurately ^^

Samhain

Bronze Member
Sora Is way too short

Seriously...have you seen Xehanort's comparison to him? Holy mother of god. The Xehanort's are all f'in huge. At least 6'4+

Looks so silly when he stands infront of Sora

Better yet, the Xehanort's have to be at least nearly 7ft, wtf?
Enter_Xemnas_01_KH3D.png

Xemnas makes YMX look like a mouse, and YMX was said to be a "tall young man"...and he's around 16?? He's at least 5'11-6'. He has a few inches over Vanitas, and Vanitas is a little taller than Sora...so that means YMX should be around 6ft...but look at the comparison between Xemnas and YMX. Wtf are they thinking lmao

Last edited:

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
This thread is soops old yo, exactly one year to the date of the last post lol. I'll be closing this one, but someone can make a new one of they like.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back