• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Dissidia: Final Fantasy NT

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Magnus

Silver Member
Awards
Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy Arcade - "FFVII Remake Confirmed"

I'm totally expecting the cast to be very close to that of Theatrhythm Curtain Call.

hemmoheikkinen

Dear Kafka
Awards

Oh man, thanks for the link OtherPromise! The OST is gonna be so good. The fast tempo of the songs really pumps you up full of energy.

I wish the cast would close to the size Curtain Call. I really want to see Ace wreaking havoc with his cards. Also every time I see Ramza it reminds me that I still haven`t played Tactics yet. It looks really interesting.

Awards

If this is going to be a good fighting game, you got to add some innovative features to the combat system so that it requires actual skill to play.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards

The game is looking really good so far combat wise. I just hope that characters still have specific encounter quotes for each character they run into. I always liked that about that other dissidia games.

I mean, my Japanese is rusty, but the ones I have heard have sounded kind of sounded generic to me :/ And yeah if so I am disappointed too, cuz little touches like that made Dissidia awesome. I also think we won't be getting alternate costumes like the old one which is really disappointing...but I could maybe see that being in the console version at least or something idk.

Either way, some things certainly seem better and/or just as good in this game. But little things like this seem to have been lost to the shift to Team Ninja doing it instead...

TheOtherPromise

No problem, hemmoheikkinen :D

I mean, my Japanese is rusty, but the ones I have heard have sounded kind of sounded generic to me :/ And yeah if so I am disappointed too, cuz little touches like that made Dissidia awesome. I also think we won't be getting alternate costumes like the old one which is really disappointing...but I could maybe see that being in the console version at least or something idk.

Either way, some things certainly seem better and/or just as good in this game. But little things like this seem to have been lost to the shift to Team Ninja doing it instead...

Well, I guess I understand why they couldn't add interesting encounter quotes. It is an arcade game and they planned on adding a bunch of new characters throughout the year. So its easier for them to have all the characters say something generic instead of recording/writing new dialogue every time a new character is added. Its still disappointing though.
And they definitely could add alternative costumes to the console version. I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

title_logo.png

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Re: Dissidia: Final Fantasy Arcade - My Sanctuary.

Sanctuarium? Is that a real word?
sanctuārium n ‎(genitive sanctuāriī); second declension

1. shrine, sanctuary

It's the portal for your Arcade account where you can sign up, get free items for the first 30 days, get 3000 free gil.
I hope they bring this over to the PS4 version.

Lonbilly

an old man plaguing the site like a phantom
Awards

Pretty sure it's Latin. I may not remember much from my 3 years learning the language, but I remember "rium" being a pretty common ending for words.

Edit: welp, Chaser beat me to it lol.

Tempus

Awards
With my Amiibo horde...they're mine I tell you! Al

Got some more music ripped from the official site. Its really good! And I think it's the majority of the track!!!

[video=youtube;9rwQ3SujgAU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rwQ3SujgAU[/video]

Oh, the memories of days spent ripping music from Duodecim's site to post here. Wish I still had the time lol.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Y'all seen the tutorial?

[video=youtube;EP7Q2u-CUBo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EP7Q2u-CUBo[/video]

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Ah, Squall and Shiva, that brings back memories from the original FF VIII where Shiva was one of the two starting summons.

Also the background music reminds me totally of FF Type-0.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Dissidia: Final Fantasy Arcade - My Sanctuary.

I know the Dissidia website can be a bit of a drag to load and I don't think we've shared the images from there on here before so I'm gonna do some image dumping for your eyes <3.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Spoiler Spoiler Show

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Besaid Islands. Oh damn.
I tend to forget this game will actually release on PS4 one day. Can't wait for it. More Lightning. <3

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Besaid Islands. Oh damn.
I tend to forget this game will actually release on PS4 one day. Can't wait for it. More Lightning. <3
Besaid Islands is just gorgeous. I look at it and actually wish for a Final Fantasy X remake. Plus Tidus is incredibly hot when he's confined to PS2 / PSP graphics.

In fact I wish every game could get a remake, especially since they take such care to preserve the original ideas behind the locations, which I think is most evident in the Final Fantasy V level.

And it's so weird that Eden looks so much better on PS4 technology, considering it's game of origin only came out last console generation.

And lastly, I really think these are my favourite designs for the summons so far (at least until FFXV launches).

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards

Shiva and Leviathan look really great.

Maybe, in a X remaster, we'd finally get skippable cutscenes....and Besaid like this (which would almost be sad because you don't spend too much time there).

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com

With Shantotto;

I understand officially her eyes are supposed to be dark blue, but oh well; they do seem to be black in FFXI. And is it kinda weird I recognize that staff?

It's a Chatoyant Staff. The normal quality version of it is Prism Staff, but a smart blm (and Shantotto isn't dumb) always uses high quality elemental staves.

They prolly did it to save time, since a Chatoyant is all the top elemental staves in one staff; so it saves them graphic creating time. Lazy, but i'd call that SMART-lazy.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

With Shantotto;

I understand officially her eyes are supposed to be dark blue, but oh well; they do seem to be black in FFXI. And is it kinda weird I recognize that staff?
I'm not too sure about that. All the art, descriptions, and renders I find feature brown eyes.

latest

latest

latest

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

For her expansion pack (A Shantotto Ascension) it showed them as blue for some reason though, so I was going by FFXI official art.

Wierd..but yeah.
This one?

latest

I think it might be the light source that is giving it a blue-ish tone as she has brown eyes within that expansion

Back