• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► Depression

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Destiny's End

The Best in the World at What I Do
I want to aplogize if I frkaed anybody out. I didn't want you think that because of some mediocre stuff, that my life was as bad as anybody else's. That wasn't the point I was trying to get across at all. I know people who have real problem think this is just cupcakes. If anybody thought that I was insinuating my life was harder than anybody's else's, than that's my fault for putting that lame idea into some of your heads. I hope you guys will forgive and forget.

dr.korytco

I was just opening up your mind a bit by providing an example of what you do not have to deal with. If you ever need any help just ask.

powerofhearts

I've read a lot of threads where some people share their sob stories. Let me do mine. It seems like, I'm stuck in a rut. I live the same day as if I've already lived it. My life isn't exactly glamorous. Everyday, I get up and walk the hallways at my school, and I want to know what I'm meant to do. I don't even know what I am anymore. I keep wondering what purpose I have in life. I can't talk to family, or friends because they'll just run and tell some shrink about it. I had thoughts of suicide since the 8th Grade. I keep telling myself, maybe I'll do it now, or tomorrow. I hope that doesn't freak anybody out. I was 13 and it was because of a stupid reason like a girl wouldn't go out with me, but now I feel like I have no direction or purpose. This may sound weird, but I have dreams that actually come true in life. Whether it's a little moment with a good friend, or a big situation. I dream it, and it eventually happens. I'm not saying my life is worse than the people in Africa, or The Middle East, because I'd really be self-centered. I'll never know if I'm good at sports because my mother (the same who said I was so pathetic, she couldn't brag to her co-worders) won't let me do anything. I don't even have a life. There's no way out. I feel backed into a corner with only one way out. I'm still unsure about it.
Try finding a hobby or something you enjoy doing. For me it's writing stories and listening to music. Sometimes having a hobby gives the feeling of purpose. Try building something. And maybe when you finish you can look back and just say"It was my purpose to build that." Like i told dr.korytco you were born with a purpose. It may take some time to find it but don't stop looking.

TheLastKnight

You Swear To Listen
Website
s9.invisionfree.com
I want to aplogize if I frkaed anybody out. I didn't want you think that because of some mediocre stuff, that my life was as bad as anybody else's. That wasn't the point I was trying to get across at all. I know people who have real problem think this is just cupcakes. If anybody thought that I was insinuating my life was harder than anybody's else's, than that's my fault for putting that lame idea into some of your heads. I hope you guys will forgive and forget.
Yeah, you FREAKED me out...good lord, good thing you never did it...I hate how people have thoughs of suicide, maybe we may never know the true meaning of life...

I learned from a book, that it's "Love and happiness" and maybe it is...But you don't even have to have a reason to live...not saying you don't...maybe everyone does, we just don't know...

anime_chic

Website
www.myspace.com
awwee thats tough man, and your mom wont let you do anything?!?!?!? well hmm? i would say go hang out with your friends and have fun but after the thing you said about your friends telling a shrink, that chenged my mind. if you have music you could listen to it, maybe make new OTHER friends well i dont know this is hard man...

RetardedMonkey

You know, a lot of things happen in puberty and angst is one of them. I'm not saying that this is all caused by puberty, but people deal with depression in different ways. I write, play piano, listen to music or play video games when I feel blue. I too feel depressed over small things like how I don't seem to fit into my family, and how people would always call me a snob just because I tried to hide myself in a grand stride: with my back straight, shoulders back and nose in the air.
My nose isn't as high as it was before, because I actually began listening to people and telling someone about my problems, not my friends but my mother.
People have also called me a frigid and stoic because I didn't really talk to guys who liked me and vice versa. My friends say that I completely ignore them and when they ask me why, I say that I want to do good at school. People seriously believe that I think that I am better than them. People say that I'm rude because I don't laugh at their jokes, let alone smile. So now, I try to smile at least when someone jokes around.
You should try to tell trustworthy people like family. Have you tried that?

.:Roxas:.

Banned
I used to be depressed and alone, but then i talked to my best friend ricky about it, he showed me that even thought my life was boring, and i may have thought i was alone, he taught me that he was there for me, and that if i ever did anything to myself, he would feel really bad, he even told me once though

"if you die"
"i wanna die with you"

That made me realize that someone cared for me, and to get rid of my boredness of school and life, i gave myself something to look forward to at the end of the school day, to go and see him at his school which gets out an hour later than mine.

Really what i'm trying to say is, try and build up a relationship, be it a guy or girl, best friend or gf, just find someone that cares about YOU, and they will be there for you.

Destiny's End

You know, a lot of things happen in puberty and angst is one of them. I'm not saying that this is all caused by puberty, but people deal with depression in different ways. I write, play piano, listen to music or play video games when I feel blue. I too feel depressed over small things like how I don't seem to fit into my family, and how people would always call me a snob just because I tried to hide myself in a grand stride: with my back straight, shoulders back and nose in the air.
My nose isn't as high as it was before, because I actually began listening to people and telling someone about my problems, not my friends but my mother.
People have also called me a frigid and stoic because I didn't really talk to guys who liked me and vice versa. My friends say that I completely ignore them and when they ask me why, I say that I want to do good at school. People seriously believe that I think that I am better than them. People say that I'm rude because I don't laugh at their jokes, let alone smile. So now, I try to smile at least when someone jokes around.
You should try to tell trustworthy people like family. Have you tried that?

I get my games taken away to focus more on my studies. I play them 24/7 during the vacations though. I can wrestle, or play football for that matter.

I really don't talk to my family all that much, or friends. I have alot of friends, but I really doubt some of them would take my problems seriously. People always seem to think I have no place in life. I always try to be someone I'm not. I try to be the class clown, the tough guy, the quiet soul, the sensitive guy, and the excited and funny friend. I can't seem to be myself, and that part of me wouldn't fit in.

I used to be depressed and alone, but then i talked to my best friend ricky about it, he showed me that even thought my life was boring, and i may have thought i was alone, he taught me that he was there for me, and that if i ever did anything to myself, he would feel really bad, he even told me once though

"if you die"
"i wanna die with you"

That made me realize that someone cared for me, and to get rid of my boredness of school and life, i gave myself something to look forward to at the end of the school day, to go and see him at his school which gets out an hour later than mine.

Really what i'm trying to say is, try and build up a relationship, be it a guy or girl, best friend or gf, just find someone that cares about YOU, and they will be there for you.

Wow, that's real cool friend you have. I don't have a gf. I guess I don't have that appeal that girls want. Besides, I can't even leave my house. I'm always home by myself. My mom and brother are at work, and I'm always left alone. It gets lonely and a bit annoying. I have friends that care, I think.

awwee thats tough man, and your mom wont let you do anything?!?!?!? well hmm? i would say go hang out with your friends and have fun but after the thing you said about your friends telling a shrink, that chenged my mind. if you have music you could listen to it, maybe make new OTHER friends well i dont know this is hard man...

Yeah, I hate shrinks. They get into your head alot. My Mom isn't all that bad, but she's way too overprotective. There are times where I can't even leave my house to hang out with friends, and I'm left alone at home. When I finally go to the movies, or something, I always go alone.

RetardedMonkey

Destiny's End, I am pretty sure that someone out there cares for you in a different way to your mother's overprotectiveness (excuse me if that's not a word). You could say that we're all here to support you, but I doubt you'll ever meet us. You need someone out there to help you because we can't be very reliable if we can't even look you in the eye.

Do your hobbies help take the pain away? Or do you feel just the same? I wouldn't rely on hobbies, that's why I'm emphasising (excuse my Australian spelling) that you should tell someone like a close friend.
I apologise if what I say is demanding, but I want to support you because I felt really depressed a while ago.

Destiny's End

Do your hobbies help take the pain away? Or do you feel just the same? I wouldn't rely on hobbies, that's why I'm emphasising (excuse my Australian spelling) that you should tell someone like a close friend.
I apologise if what I say is demanding, but I want to support you because I felt really depressed a while ago.

I don't do many hobbies. Unless you call staying at home, working out, watching TV, and playing video games hobbies.

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Ignore the .50caliber aspirin suggestions.

Good old apathy. I agree with most of the people in this thread. Either find some hobby (religions, languages) or do what I did, and read until you get over it. Fantasy's really good, it allows you to leave your world for a while. Some video games (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind) are really good for taking up a lot of time and giving you something engaging to do.

MosesMohs

everyone has a purpose.
the mothership just hasn't hit you with your purpose yet.

suicide is never the answer.
keep trucking.
you'll find something to keep you going.
from friends to a tire swing, something will keep you waking up in the morning & your head will say 'i'm alive & it's because of them/it.'

life is something very rare.
don't throw it away.

Destiny's End

Good old apathy. I agree with most of the people in this thread. Either find some hobby (religions, languages) or do what I did, and read until you get over it. Fantasy's really good, it allows you to leave your world for a while. Some video games (The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind) are really good for taking up a lot of time and giving you something engaging to do.

Because I was in my house my whole life, I'm not really good at anything except Video Games. I get those taken away during school to focus on my studies. I play computer games sometimes.

What do you mean by Fantasies? Like Day-Dreaming?

.....and if I don't get over it, then what?

everyone has a purpose.
the mothership just hasn't hit you with your purpose yet.

suicide is never the answer.
keep trucking.
you'll find something to keep you going.
from friends to a tire swing, something will keep you waking up in the morning & your head will say 'i'm alive & it's because of them/it.'

life is something very rare.
don't throw it away.

It's nice to see that you really care, but.....

jazznam89

Well hey just don't kill yourself yet. Give it time, if not blame yourself for not doing what you could've done along time ago, seek some proper help. And if that doesn't work, just become anti-social till you feel like talking and conversing in society.

Morning Twilight

ok, I know 100% how you feel. I have depression myself. And I havn't exactly gotten out of it, but usually, my life is pretty good. I've come to know who I am, and where I'm going. I know my purpose. My purpose is to help those like me.

Ok, well the first key is finding someone you can talk to. So I would seriously suggest going here: www. freewebs.com/helmofsalvation. The site is moving soon and will be greatly upgraded, but now it's still pretty usefull. Take full advantage of the forums. I am the founder of this and I can tell you my staff is willing to help. We have all ranges of different problems from rape to suicide. We are not shrinks and we won't tell anyone, especially since the forums are annonymous. We would have no idea who you are. The first step is finding someone you can talk to.

The second step: defining who or what you want to be. This can sometimes be the hardest part. The kind of person I want to be came from 3 places: Kingdom Hearts (Sora by compassionate nature), Sonic the Hedgehog (by careless courage), and Jesus (just cuz i love the guy and I think he's a great person to try to be like). I combined all these ideas into the ideal me, the me I will try to work towards. This is also what you have to do in some way. Use t.v., videogames, religion, your family, w/e. Just get in your head who you want to be.

The third step: Finding the problem. Basically depression is like a needle in a hay stack. There can be one tiny problem that is nearly impossible to find and it screws everything up. Many times depression is genetic, but even then there are lasting problems in the......we'll call it heart to define the more emotional part. So you have to find it, which takes a lot of observation and a form of meditation (ie: prayer, yoga, thinking).

The fourth step: Direct combat. There are psychological ways depression does effect you. Usually resulting in low self-esteem. You have to consciouly think positive thoughts. I remember when someone would talk about my highschool's football, i would think that I'm just an awful athelete, but I had to consciously say to myself, "I am a great athlete". Basically you have to reverse the self-esteem issue.

I hope this helps, and please try out the site, it is fairly new and our staff really are wanting to help. We just listen and maybe give advice. Our job is to listen first, speak second.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
Quit your bitching.

I was thinking like that last year. Suicide and depression and loneliness and all that. If I could go back in time to that year and beat the crap out of myself, I would.

Unless you have some sort of chemical imbalance, nothing should be making you sad enough to kill yourself. Odds are that nothing is making you that sad, and this is all some self-indulgent bluff.

risingfalls

Disjoin Remorse From Power
I know life is hard, but suicide is NOT the answer. Life was meant to be enjoyed, and to be lived to the fullest. You only get one go at it, don't think you can come back and try again.
I can relate to what you say, in most cases, so don't think you are the only one with these issues, and take solace in the fact that you can talk to a couple of people on the forums with complete anonymousness, so we aren't going to send you to a shrink. If anything then you can pm me too. I know what you're going through and would be more than happy to help in any way I could. You have to start expressing your emotions....I know it is hard, I have problems with it too, but it's going to have to get done....bottling up your emotions isn't going to help at all (personal experience) The fact that your life seems to have no purpose and that life is the same everyday, well, that's the life of a normal high schooler. A large amount of us have no idea what the future holds, and the possibility of something to look forward too after all the toil of high school should be a motivating factor for you. Come on DE, great things come to those who wait, so be patient. Life real boring? Well, school attributes to that a lot, and the fact is, life is monotonous and boring at times. We all fall into a routine for a while, and while it sucks and it is infuriating it is just a stage of life. And the possibility of change is what keeps you going the next day, in hopes that the monotony of life will be eradicated in a fell swoop and replaced with excitement. And I know that your mom has hindered a lot of potential areas for growth in skills that you think that you would have excelled at, but you can't dwell on that sort of stuff. It is time to stop wallowing in your sorrows about the past and to carve a new path into the future. Those opportunities may be gone but the future still holds more, if you are willing to look for them.

violent_anger

Think smaller, more legs.
Blowing up The storm's around. In a silence Have a
selfhelp.jpg

Destiny's End

Quit your bitching.

I was thinking like that last year. Suicide and depression and loneliness and all that. If I could go back in time to that year and beat the crap out of myself, I would.

Unless you have some sort of chemical imbalance, nothing should be making you sad enough to kill yourself. Odds are that nothing is making you that sad, and this is all some self-indulgent bluff.

If you've noticed, I haven't been on this thread since God knows how long, so I obviously dropped the whole situation. Also, who are you to judge? There've been people who've killed themselves for a lot less.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back