• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Darkness Redux

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
This is a retread of a very old idea. And as such this is more of a signup than a discussion but new players are ALWAYS welcome to join in.

Premise:

The forces of Darkness gather. Evil, hate and greed are making a push for control of all existence. Across infinite worlds spanning all possibility Darkness is rising, crushing the life and joy from worlds that were seemingly at peace. Seeds are being planted in places of good and light. Seeds that will grow until finally the darkness inside all of us is thrust into the open. At such times a force known only as The Good, seeks to correct the imbalance brought about by it's counterpart. And so remarkable men and women are Chosen. Brought into the care of followers of the Good known as Saints. They are to battle the corruption set about by The Evil on formerly safe worlds. They will be given power and responsibility beyond that which they ever could have dreamed. This will be their story.

Rules:

1- POST REGULARLY
2- Be civil with the other rpers.
3- With the structure of this Rp everything will ultimately be up to me to decide
4- Read the rules!
5- You will be asked only to name the world in which you were born in the template however we MAY visit this world later on so keep that in mind.

Template:

Name:

World: (Name Necessary brief description optional)

Power: (This power was given to you by the Saints)

Pre-Chosen Abilities: (Stuff you could always do; Optional)

Appearance:

Bio:

Other:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
Just so no one takes my power, I'm going to post a blank template to let it be known that mine is taken. So don't be alarmed that it's empty.

Name: Rai “Ellis” Gorunt

Sex: Male

Appearance: He wears sort of dark leather outfit, useful enough to stop a blade but flexible enough to escape pursuit, should it come to that. He keeps a set of thin knives hidden at his side and a once ornate longsword long since stripped of whatever valuables it had inset in it. He has a cloak over everything and a scarf-like material covering the lower half of his face. His head is wrapped in a dark cloth so that only a bit of bright red, short cut hair sticks out of the edges. He has a small build, rather skinny and not the tallest.

World: A more medieval sort of world. Families are at war and it is on the turn of the industrial revolution. A new sort of power has arisen, which has quickened the progression of machines.

Bio: On his homeworld, he was a infamous mercenary. Some people called him a demon, saying that he slaughtered an entire gang alone. The only survivor was a girl they were in the process of raping, who claimed to have barely made it out regardless. He never spoke of that, so the rumors stayed as rumors.

He had be hired by royal families before and always carried out his jobs without prejudices nor grudges. A gentleman at his core, some said. He didn’t seem like kind to be a “demon” like some said. He held little in alliances, aside from the flow of money. He wouldn’t be bought out once he was assigned a job, he wasn’t that sort of scum.

Another reason why some call him a demon is that he’s undergone a banned ritual. The underbelly of society does not even discuss what he had done. There was an ancient art called infusion. It takes [FONT=&quot]caster's blood, a ritual and the ink. It sets into their skin and disappears, leaving no trace. The tattoo symbols only show when he invokes his power. The power makes him stronger and faster, both physically and mentally. He thinks faster, responds faster and is generally faster. This has a toll on him, but there hasn’t been a fight where his opponent has lived to see this.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Power: Sound[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pre-chosen abilities: The Infusion, as mentioned before.[/FONT]

Last edited:

Mr. Crowley

Banned
Name: Vincent "Vince" Ambrose

World: Terre

Power: Vince has command over his own soul and transfer it either in pieces or entirety into lifeless objects. This allows him to control whatever contains his soul. Weak spirited lifeforms (As in none of you guys) can also fall under his influence. Using his power weakens him and requires him to rest.

Pre-Chosen Abilities: Vince is somewhat good with a gun. Basic combat skills.

Appearance: Vince has short black hair that he keeps spiked up. He has a clean-shaven face. His height is 6 foot 7 and he is in excellent shape. He usually wears a green jacket over a white t-shirt. The shirt has a black star-shaped emblem on it. He wears blue jeans and white shoes.

Bio: Vince comes from a world not so different from Earth, technology wise. Terre is a world with two primary countries Werviane and Serendaire. These two countries started out as many, but war and invasion joined them into only two. Vince lives in Weviane and is a member of the army. He joined at the age of 18 after recieving a letter stating that his brother had been killed in action. Not wanting to shame his family, he joined right away. He soon found that he wasn't a very good soldier at all. He went day to day hiding when battles took place, having to listen to his superiors berate him about how he should be a better soldier like his brother. Then, one day, a flash of light engulfed him on the battlefield. . .and here he is now.

Other: Vince is a rather timid person and doesn't like fighting.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Name: Alemn

World: Elysium; a ruined utopia.

Power: Darkness

Pre-Chosen Abilities: Alemn is talented at general self defense though he has no formal combat training he has fought for his life more than once and he is very good at building machines from scraps.

Appearance: Alemn is tall, thin, well muscled and pale. He has many scars from a dangerous life and his hair is the light brown of sand. His clothes are armor fashioned of scraps of machines long forgotten on the surface of a decimated planet. Eye color unknown as he never takes his goggles off.

Bio: A boy was born on the streets of a bustling underground city. From a young age he learned that only the strong and the ruthless survived and he took the lesson to heart. Though he does not think of himself as cruel or petty by any means he DOES consider himself to be a hard man. All the softness was beaten out of him in the streets. As he grew older and stronger he began to be able to steal more food, and he could defend what he made away with. However as the days dragged on he realized why all the other urchins began to disappear around that age. Once you could get food regularly you began to grow muscle, suddenly you were noticed when you entered the stores you used to steal from, suddenly no one could spare a coin for you. Then the answer came to him, the other children didn't disappear. They grew up. They got respectable jobs. And even the ones who didn't ended up earning a bed with the theives guild.

The boy that was not yet Alemn had never aspired to be a theif. He had seen the cruelties of the petty theives when he lived his life as an urchin and unlike most other children who were bullied by them he didn't long for a chance to become the bully. And so he offered himself as an apprentice. Electricians, painters, butchers; he even worked for a few weeks as a Digger before he realized it was somehow a step DOWN from starving in the street. He was left with no choices. He had never had an education. Every respectable field of work turned him down, and the ones he could get into were not an improvment from the life he was living. With nothing to offer but survival instinct and a strong body he knew there was only one place to turn. The Surfacers.

The Surfacers were outcasts. People that the city simultaneously feared and desperately needed. Despite their advancements in technology and even culture the people who lived in the Underworld were superstitious to a fault. They felt that the surface was cursed. That civilization there had died because man was meant to stay tucked away underground. Of course that didn't stop them from eating the food that was harvested from the surface. Or building thier machines out of the pieces of scrap that were scavenged. Still the surfacers were shunned. Yet they were somehow noble. Silent yet proud. Low and yet somehow above everyone.

It was decided. When he offered himself to an elderly Surfacer who he would come to know as Scarn, he was hit with a surprising inquiry. His name. he had spent his whole life without a name. Even speaking was something he never had to do but to beg or distract a shopkeeper. He needed something strong, hard like he was. As a digger his team had once hit a vein of Alemnium. When he asked the crew leader why they didn't blast through it like they had every other deposit they had run into he was told that it was useless. No matter what they had tried, after years of advancement, Alemnium never yielded.

The silence had gone on long enough and before he could think it through he had been named. Alemn. The strong. The Unbreakable. Under Scarn he learned many things. He learned how to interact with a human other than as predator or prey, he learn to build machines of scraps of metal, and he learned that honor and pride are all a man who is shunned by his society has. He lives his life as a successful surfacer. Goggles shielding his eyes from the harsh sun he sees things through them that the Underworlders could never dream of.

Other: Alemn could be called chivalrous. You could say he has a weakness for women. The truth is that he had never been near one long enough to be comfortable. Despite years of living on the street women make him uncomfortable and tongue tied. He is emotionally shut off and rarely shows any emotion (for gameplay purposes keep in mind that his tone and face may be hard or confusing to read)

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
Not done yet but this is so no-one steals mine.

Name: Cain Brykolo

World: Filinde'az (pronounced Fil-in-day.)

Power: Gravity

Pre-Chosen Abilities: (Stuff you could always do; Optional)

Appearance:

Bio:

Other:

Candy Man

Green Lantern Battery
(Peer pressure, leaving my temp to edit later)

Name: Karde Thaincrest

World: The Keswell

Power: Exchange. Karde can take a weapon or object in his possession and summon another to take it's place.

Pre-Chosen Abilities: He has no formal training in combat, either hand to hand or with edged weapons, though he's very adept through his own practice. His expertise on guns is far more intimate and refined, in both their make and use.

Appearance: Karde's taller than most, and only more muscular than most. His auburn hair grows too long, but not ragged. All his clothes are a mix of old and new. He wears a double breasted waistcoat, always hanging open to show the shining segmented breastplate of carbon beneath. the bracers around his wrist protect them and hide the technology within. His pants are belted at more than just the waist and splay near the bottom with bold lines. there's a handgun with an unusually long barrel and another with glowing disc at it's side hanging at his waist.

Bio: Karde grew up as alone as he could make it. Both his parents died when he was very young, and he never let the state take him in for their own. As he got, Karde's running became drifting, which became journeying. the bright lights, dark alleys, and tall buildings of the both ancient and modern city gave him all the time in the world to take what he needed for himself. More often than not, he could stay in a library for more than a few days. The punks and bluebloods of the ever-moving metropolis never had enough interest to sit down and read about heroes of long ago. Karde became engrossed in these superhumans of legend, kings without subjects. The more he learned, the more he could do. He stopped scraping for food and started earning it, and more. He'd fight for any righteous cause, taking only the minimum of a reward. But always taking it.

He soon had lore of his own, small but praise enough. He was no longer a secret to the world, and had no reason to hide. The running orphan wasn't who the authority was now chasing. He had weapons, he had skill, and he had infamy.

He never got too close, but he had more than enough allies to keep an eye on all he had amassed.

Other:

Last edited:

Drollive

There you go. Basic bio.

Name: Sebastian

World: Being a Saint, he has none.

Power: Sebastian can manipulate the molecules that make him up, allowing him to contort and warp his body.

Abilities: After being on so many assignments, Sebastian has gained more than his share of battle experience, as well as becoming quite the smooth talker.

Appearance: Sebastian is thin and roughly six feet tall with slicked back brown hair. He wears a black suit with purple pinstripes. His irises are a matching shade of purple. His skin is completely smooth, despite the numerous wounds he has received during his life of battle.

Bio: The extent of Sebastian's memory is around 500 years ago, when he woke up on a battlefield. Those still alive were being carried away. All that he knew was that he was a Saint, and that he was here to fight against the Evil. Since that day, he has traveled to countless worlds in his seemingly endless battle against the Demons. As long as he in the Creator's service, he cares little about his past. He feels the safety of the Universe is more important than himself.

Other:

Last edited:

<3

Call me Love, love.
Name: Lori Hayze

Age: Appears to be 22, however, the people of Tener-Fuimus age differently than people from other worlds.

World: Tener-Fuimus (Young Haven). The youngest world so far discovered.

Power: Lori has the power over Time. Although, her powers are not absolute. She is able to speed time, slow time, also rewind. However she can only go so far as triple the normal rate of time. Lori is also able to receive visions of the future and the past, yet they are only glimpses of what has been and what could be. She can also make herself, or others, appear slower or faster.

Pre-Chosen Abilities: Coming from a world full of life and greenery, Lori has always had a special green finger.

Appearance: Lori stands at 5'4 with long, wavy strawberry-blond hair that reaches her middle. Her eyes shine a bright green and her skin is a pale white. Her small frame is garbed in a thin, thigh length, light blue, short sleeve dress; and on the rare occasion of when she wears shoes, they're white ballet slippers. Her face is soft with a somewhat passive appearance and her natural stance emits frailness.

Bio: Born from an unknown source and left to a happily married couple of several years; Lori was blessed with five siblings and the formal title of Lady Hayze to grow up with. Lori grew up tending the green land that surrounded her world, and caring for each animal that inhabited it with a gentle finger and loving words. Her naivety never lead her astray apart from when the Darkness arrived.

Lori was out, far from her home, with her youngest sibling, Dylan. She had finally convinced her adopted parents to allow her four year old brother accompany her that day. She had decided to go visit the butterfly patch, a place which she discovered years previously, she thought it a beautiful destination for Dylan's first day out in the wondrous forest which was Tener-Fuimus.

Appearing in the small meadow, Lori was stunned. The usually lively scenery was dead. None of the usual animals strode the open wilderness -- as Lori had noticed on the stroll over. Her heart was crushed, her own separate haven had been destroyed. Stepping forward, she lifted a limp butterfly into the palm of her hand and knelled on the yellow weeds that layered the ground, tears swelling in her doe eyes.

Concerned, Dylan begged to know why his sister had fallen silent, shaking her shoulder 'til she responded. "They're dead. They are all dead."

Nothing was the same after that terrifying discovery. One by one, each of Tener-Fuimus' natural beauty's vanished, the youngest world was dying before Lori's very eyes.

Other: Lori is very determined, however, she is very much against violence, coming from a peaceful world.

Last edited:

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
<3: You have time listed as your power and that can be a little over powered. How doo you intend to use it?

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
So I'd like to get this underway, soonish if possible. Don't mean to seem like an ass and rush people, though.

Chill

Silver Member
Awards
You can count me out of this if you want. I haven't really got enough time on my hands these days.

<3

Call me Love, love.
I've completed my temp. Let me know if anything really needs to be changed.

Last edited:

Stavvy

Legendary Member
Awards
From personal experience, I'd say you're ok. Go ahead and post, I'll take flak from Thor if I'm wrong.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Let me know when you guys have had enough hanging out in The White Room, and we'll hit the first world. Never sure when we've done enough acclimating.

<3

Call me Love, love.
I think we're doing alright so far, it's not a bad idea to get to know each others characters a bit more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back