• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Crono in Kingdom Hearts III as a cameo

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgizzles45

Could we possibly have Crono make an appearance in Kingdom Hearts III?

latest

Akira Toriyama is back being active again in the Dragon Ball series. Is there a chance we will see him in KH3?

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Ehhhh....maybe? *shrugs*
With The Worlds Ends With You making their appearance in DDD, it opens the possibility for Square Enix's other games to appear in future KH titles. However if that does happen I imagine they'll probably only focus on titles Nomura designed characters for. Not saying Crono or the others from Chrono Trigger won't ever appear, but chances are slim at best.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Eh, I mean...wasn't that Prince Frog or whatever DE sort of a Chrono Trigger reference anyways?

But in general, I don't imagine we'll see the series extend beyond TWEWY since we still have so many FF characters and elements the series can explore.

Pandymint

Awards
Crono is the main protagonist of Square's RPG Chrono Trigger. He looks Dragon Ball because Akira Toriyama did the character designs for Chrono Trigger.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Crono is the main protagonist of Square's RPG Chrono Trigger. He looks Dragon Ball because Akira Toriyama did the character designs for Chrono Trigger.

Never heard of that one.
Must either be pretty old or a niché title.
Maybe it was also one of those games that never made it to Europe.

If Toriyama is the character designer, what place would any of this have in KH?
From the Square side, KH only involves titles/series in whose development Nomura played a significant role, Vivi from FF IX is so far the only exception.

Pandymint

Awards
Never heard of that one.
It's kind of a paradox. It's actually very popular, but it flies under the radar of titles like Final Fantasy. The original release was for SNES in 1994 I believe. Was released on PSOne (featuring new animated cutscenes) along with Final Fantasy IV, if I'm not mistaken, in one of those combo deals. Then it was later remastered in 2008 or so for DS with new cutscenes and other features. I definitely recommend picking it up however you can and giving it a try.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Chrono Trigger is widely accepted as the most advanced RPG on the SNES. The game was very expensive and was a lot deeper than FF.

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
Chrono Trigger is widely accepted as the most advanced RPG on the SNES. The game was very expensive and was a lot deeper than FF.
Yeah, I can't believe that there are still people out there who play JRPGs but never heard of Chrono Trigger. The DS remake is pretty good, you should really give it a try Sephiroth.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
Whoa, someone who's never even heard of Chrono Trigger? I'm legitimately surprised... I thought everyone who plays JRPG's has at least heard of it. I still need to get my hands on it... >_>

I kinda doubt Crono will show up, at least not as soon as KH3. There're the problems that he's not an FF character, nor is he designed by Nomura, and even if they got past all of that, they'd have to work around the awkward Silent Protagonist issue.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Lavos would actually be cool as a secret boss, considering the time travel plot involved with KH3's storyline.

I doubt any Chrono Trigger characters will appear in KH though.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards
Never heard of that one.

If Toriyama is the character designer, what place would any of this have in KH?
From the Square side, KH only involves titles/series in whose development Nomura played a significant role, Vivi from FF IX is so far the only exception.

The original release (PSOne re-release) did skip Europe. But the DS remake several years ago didn't. I'd highly advise you to give it a try, should you find it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back