• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Cover Art

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jakek9

What do you think should BE on the cover art?
I like it fine as it is, but if I could I would add Vanitas somewhere in there.
Other then that I like the cover. :3

Whatabout you guys?

Awards
Hmmm.... I think TAV and Mickey is enough, but I'd rather have a better backround scenery instead of them just "flying" through the air.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It would be nice if Vanitas, Eraqus, and MX had been on the cover. Or at least Vanitas and MX as shadows like how Rikunort and Diz were shadows on the KH2 cover.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It should be that CG rendered image that's on the Europe special edition box and the Ultimania. That is the best KH picture ever!
(It's also currently my Computer background)
edit: Basically look at breaktheice16's sig to see what I mean.

(I don't feel like saying this but...)

No. When I think KH, I think awesome Nomura art as the cover. CG would make KH look like every other video game with a generic CG cover.

Now I most definitely have to write my "essay" on the artwork for the BBS countdown.

VentusVictory

Awards
Riding the Battle Subway to Gamestop for Dissidia
(I don't feel like saying this but...)

No. When I think KH, I think awesome Nomura art as the cover. CG would make KH look like every other video game with a generic CG cover.

Now I most definitely have to write my "essay" on the artwork for the BBS countdown.

Hmm, you make a good point.

If the cover were to be similar to the way it was, I'd almost wish Mickey wasn't in it. When I saw the cover in Japan, I thought for a moment that Mickey would be playable as an unlockable, kinda like a Hidden Episode instead of Aqua's Last Episode. Mickey would have a set deck, but you'd play as him for a little bit. Everytime I look at the cover, it reminds me that Mickey is just a side character, not playable );

darkblue

so forgive me for this , I'm really new.

the box art on display now for most bbs ads , pre orders and such , isn't the confirmed cover?

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
I like the coverart...it all looks like they are headed to the same destiny...which I originally thought could relate to the theme of the papou fruits. Also, KH seems to mainly feature the good side on their cover...so I think if Vanitas and MX were on it...it might be...IDK...different.

ShadowXemnas

Nocturne Zephyr
Awards
True, but sometimes different is good. I'm kinda for the whole "Shadows in the Background" thing, myself, but anything that involves all the main BBS characters would be cool, too. OR....they could make a reversible cover like Dissidia had! Heroes on one side, evils on the other. Now that would be cool.

keybladealex

But if it had Heroes on one side and Villains on the other, wouldn't that account for some spoilers that we don't need.

I like the cover art, but wish it were more like the Nomura drawings we know and love like some people have already said.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well movement looked great on ventus, but aqua and terra, not so much. i was hoping for another artwork of TAV on the ultimania but i guess not.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Well, I like the cover. I always like Nomura's artwork, and I hope the KH boxart stays being his artwork.
I just wish this one had a better background.
The KH1 and Days boxarts are the best because of their backgrounds.

kupo1121

Awards
Well, I like the cover. I always like Nomura's artwork, and I hope the KH boxart stays being his artwork.
I just wish this one had a better background.
The KH1 and Days boxarts are the best because of their backgrounds.

I have to admit I really liked the KH1 cover art only because it wasn't a sliver background for the most part...it had a lot of color in it and it really showed off kingdom hearts itself.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
What put me off with the BbS cover is that none of the characters were actually grounded in any way, unlike previous titles' covers. Something like the KH2 cover would've worked perfectly, because they're all somewhat hanging off of something (Terra being the main point for this, easily being seated). All in all, I just don't think much thought was put into it.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
Hmmm.... I think TAV and Mickey is enough, but I'd rather have a better backround scenery instead of them just "flying" through the air.

Yeah, I noticed that Nomura likes to make his characters "fly" and all face the same way sometimes. Like I wonder what is they're facing...

Kind of like what Nomura did with Before Crisis:

before_crisis.jpg

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Yeah, I was disappointed a bit. Nomura usually shows MOST of the main people on the cover. But he left out Eraqus, Xehanort, AND Vanitas on this one. Could have made it better.

It's not bad, but it's worse compared to like the KH2 cover art.

Allister Rose

French Lover
well i don't remember any antagonist being on the cover arts....nope can't remember....plus kh2 was a ps2 cover, it had more room unlike PSP.

i think a scene with TAV siting near the clif of land of departure could've been a great cover along with eraqus and mickey

kupo1121

Awards
well i don't remember any antagonist being on the cover arts....nope can't remember....plus kh2 was a ps2 cover, it had more room unlike PSP.

i think a scene with TAV siting near the clif of land of departure could've been a great cover along with eraqus and mickey

This would not be a bad one either...it would have kept them grounded...and it would have consisted of good characters, so this would have been a great alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back