• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Confusion About Riku's Eyes?..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Okay im a little confused about Riku and the use of his blindfold ..

Up to this point (correct me if im wrong) we've been told that riku used his blindfold because his eyes could not lie .. meaning that when he used the power of darkness he would take the form of ansem - BUT that would lead me to believe that when he is wearing that blindfold, that his eyes SHOULD be yellow (that would be what showed that ansem was still inside of him and/or the power of darkness - and he couldnt hide it - hence the eyes couldnt lie part, hence the wearing of the blindfold haha?) ...

however in the days trailer that we've all payed so much attention to (link here)
YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days - Special Trailer

if you were to pause the video at either 2:31 or 2:32 in .. youll notice that Riku's eyes are striking shade of blue (his normal color) .. and im not sure why because both ansem and the power of darkness are still within him at this point ..

now as far as we've been showed - riku does not use his power and reveal his form (as ansem) until the very end of 358/2 when he captures roxas in order to bring him to the virtual twilight town .. from that point on seems to be the time in which he should wear the blindfold? ..

BUT there is also a scene where mickey backs away from riku (in ansem form) meaning that the above cannot be true .. and aslo meaning that from after THATTTTTT point on .. riku's eyes should be yellow and he would use a blindfold ..

SO .. why are his eyes blue during that scene .. and why would riku be wearing the blindfold when they are blue - because he wouldnt need it???

im completely dumbfounded at the contradictory things goin on and totally confused in trying to explain this .. so can anyone shed some light here please? .. cause i have no idea what is going on in this regard ..maybe its just me and im missing something - but this doesnt quite add upp

lol so please .. post away

EDITT: computer lag resulted in a second creation of this thread.. i apologize for the inconvenience and have personally closed the other thread before even more spam were to result from it

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
no i dont think thats what they meant when they said "his eyes couldnt lie". its more like if he were lying, than just by looking at his eyes you could tell if he was or not.

i dont think it was because of ansem.

and the scene with riku and mickey, that one is most likely after riku fought roxas, he used the power of darkness and changed his form, looking like ansem.

so i bet thats the first tiime mickey saw hi in that form, and he got startled and summoned his keyblade.

they both just take different times in the game

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
That secretly, deep down, he liked using the power of darkness.

DaDarkDude

Simple, his yellow contacts must have fallen out. That's all... :p

Nah, seriously though, I think it was because in that second, Mickey's light may have affected him in some way, or, he just didn't want the others to see that he had gone over to the darkness, so, he hid, even though his eyes were normal.

.Oji

赤いテキスト
Up to this point (correct me if im wrong) we've been told that riku used his blindfold because his eyes could not lie .. meaning that when he used the power of darkness he would take the form of ansem - BUT that would lead me to believe that when he is wearing that blindfold, that his eyes SHOULD be yellow (that would be what showed that ansem was still inside of him and/or the power of darkness - and he couldnt hide it - hence the eyes couldnt lie part, hence the wearing of the blindfold haha?) ...

Nah. Yes, him wearing the blindfold does infact mean that his eyes couldn't lie about the darkness lurking within him. However, I believe his eyes didn't turn yellow then and there because he didn't fully utilize darkness, or in other words, his light was still present.

now as far as we've been showed - riku does not use his power and reveal his form (as ansem) until the very end of 358/2 when he captures roxas in order to bring him to the virtual twilight town .. from that point on seems to be the time in which he should wear the blindfold? ..

He still had the blindfold on, though Ansem's appearance, for lack of better word, 'masked' it. Remember that scene in TWTNW where AtW tried to encode the artificial KH. The light emanating from AtW's machine purified Riku, showing that he still had the blindfold on.

SO .. why are his eyes blue during that scene .. and why would riku be wearing the blindfold when they are blue - because he wouldnt need it???

Mickey said:
"Your darkness belongs to you. Just like your light. Until now, I thought darkness was nothing but bad. But my time with you made me change my mind. You've chosen a road I never thought of. Light and Dark, back to back. With you, they mingle in a way no one's ever seen before. I want to see where that road leads. And if it's okay, I want to walk the road with you."

Once/when Riku takes on the physical form of Ansem, his eyes are yellow. ^_^

Superschlock

Don't you step out of line
Awards
Im pretty sure that his eyes only turn yellow right before or right after he uses the power of darkness

Reika Noko

Forever lurking
I thought the blindfold was because the light was a little too strong for him since he's been in the darkness for so long. So he puts the blinfold on to keep it out. His eyes are yellow when he tunred into Ansem-form, since the fact that Ansem had control of the darkness left inside his heart.

I think...

Aqua13

麿 恋仲 麿DYING OF EMBARRA
I thought the blindfold was because the light was a little too strong for him since he's been in the darkness for so long. So he puts the blinfold on to keep it out. His eyes are yellow when he tunred into Ansem-form, since the fact that Ansem had control of the darkness left inside his heart.

I think...

i think you need to replay chain ofmemories

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
thats not entirely true .. he didnt want to use it PERIOD. unless he had no other option - we see that with roxas

That is true, but that is nly because of what was lurking in those depths; Xehanort.

With Xehanort out of the way, he could freely do what he wanted. The only reason he even rejected it was because of Xehanort.

With Xehanort gone; from in him and the worlds [to his knowledge] he was quite ready to become the darkness again.

C

Colours

I thought the blindfold was because the light was a little too strong for him since he's been in the darkness for so long.

Your joking right.?
The only thing I remember about his problem was that his eyes couldn't lie.

fantasygurl1227

I'm not normal, thanks for noticing
You know what I'm confused about, how Riku's eyes go from sea green to bright blue back and forth, for chrissake Riku pick a fricken eye color and stick with it
Aside from that, it has never been confirmed that Riku had yellow eyes under the blindfold, yes he has yellow eyes as Ansem but thats pretty much it....
I still don't understand the whole purpose of the blindfold. Kingdom hearts confuses the hell out of me now. Nomura should make a book of explanations and why they tie together so we can understand some of this stuff.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
That is true, but that is nly because of what was lurking in those depths; Xehanort.

With Xehanort out of the way, he could freely do what he wanted. The only reason he even rejected it was because of Xehanort.

With Xehanort gone; from in him and the worlds [to his knowledge] he was quite ready to become the darkness again.

well put .. thank you as well

Sexy Angel
thats not entirely true .. he didnt want to use it PERIOD. unless he had no other option - we see that with roxas

wrong. Riku uses the power of darkness, but not in the way that people comsumed with darkness use it, as Mickey says in CoM.

Athaydea

Bronze Member

wrong. Riku uses the power of darkness, but not in the way that people comsumed with darkness use it, as Mickey says in CoM.

but as said before tho (not by me) ... he didnt want to use it so long as xehanort remained inside of him, unless it was the VERY LAST RESORT ..

im not entirely wrong ..

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
only one of his eyes are yellow not both.. >_> even Nomura confirmed it once
>_<

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
This just reminds me:

What's with Nomura's new obsession with eyes?

Athaydea

Bronze Member
This just reminds me:

What's with Nomura's new obsession with eyes?

i have no idea but its funny you mention that .. ive been lately getting the impression that blue signifies youre a denizen of or someone who uses the power of light .. where as yellow means the same of darkness?? .. every example of light and dark had been the case ..?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back