• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

CoM and ReCoM

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deep-Wonder

When I decide to play CoM, I watch the cutscenes from ReCoM but play the battles on my GBA.

It's odd because the quality of the writing, acting and overall nature of the cutscenes was the best in ReCoM. I think it is essential that any KH fanatic watch them. However, I think the card system did not translate well to the PS2. If I actually do decide to play ReCoM, it will be on easy, with rooms where I can easily avoid battles.

Anyone else find the card system to be supremely fun on the GBA but annoying on the PS2?

ChainSage

Yes. I did. I think it's because I expect more advanced fighting in a more 3d world. The card system in Re:com makes it seem less of a title game.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
I would think that CoM would take preference over Re:CoM for a lot of people in terms of the battle system, considering the GBA/DS/whatever you use is a lot closer together, and easier to get the motion going. Hell, even playing it on GC works brilliantly, but I can imagine it would be such a pain for PS2

Jesus

Hater-bending
Awards
i preferred ReCoM because i liked the cutscenes,battles and card systems more
also, ROXAS CARD FTW

#5 Lexaeus

I liked the remake. I'd even say that its better than its original despite lack of mobility. The cutscenes were nice, battle were fun, new things added (including changed events), and using Goofy as a battering ram is always worth it. That is all.

PrimalDark

I've played both and personaly I think ReCoM is so much easier than the original cause with the right timing u can dodge almost everything while in the GBA version you cant (unless you've spent weeks working on it).

Beastly

Well Hello Beautiful
I prefer re:com. The card system wasn't that bad. but re:com has some better map cards than com.

DarkNova

Banned
I thought they were the same aside from the difference of 2-D and 3-D. Re CoM was more fun because you could understand the story better where the cut scenes are more detailed and informing.

Unborn

I love Re:Com more because the normal com was just kinda hard, the 2D battle kinda made it to hard, and i emulated com on my pc (before that i havent played it in YEARS) it was kinda non-attracting. it was kinda boring and compicated.:tongue:

Izayoi

galactic cancer
I love Re:Com more because the normal com was just kinda hard, the 2D battle kinda made it to hard, and i emulated com on my pc (before that i havent played it in YEARS) it was kinda non-attracting. it was kinda boring and compicated.:tongue:

Well, emulating a game such as CoM is gonna make it more difficult to play.

Also, to saying the cutscenes are better in Re:CoM; it depends how. In the NA version the lip synching really wasn't that great.

Deep-Wonder

Of course, I have played ReCoM. Hell, I remember I was on Proud and my friend and I had to play Marluxia maybe 12 times. Obviously, the cutscenes and all that were better in ReCoM. I just didn't think the card system was that fun on the PS2. Sometimes it was, but for things like boss battles (that looked really impressive) the cards made it seem silly and really hampered the experience.

Ж??ᾏ₦

It seemed like a good idea but after hearing the VA, the delays for the American release... i just slowly began to avoid it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back