Site Staff Manager
KINGDOM HEARTS Union X[Cross] Japan is celebrating its 3rd anniversary this month, and the staff have prepared 7 announcements celebrate the occasion.
- The Big Present Campaign returns this month! Players can pull from a daily free draw for a chance to get Moogle & Sora KHII Ver medals, which can be used to earn in-game jewels and act as vouchers in a lottery for luxurious prizes.
- Campaign Coins have been introduced this month. Players will receive coins for all of the jewels they've spent since they've started their adventure, which can be used to redeem powerful medals and other rewards in special boards.
- Sparkly, parade-like avatar outfits have arrived, as well as the 3rd anniversary raid boss.
- Sephiroth makes his debut in a new event scenario. Are you willing to face him in battle?
- Chatrooms will be introduced in the Version 3.0.0 update! Chat with others about your favorite subjects, and you can even use character dialogue and stamps.
- Players have received 13,000 jewels as a present for the 3rd anniversary.
- Classic Kingdom will be introduced in the Version 3.0.0 update, which will be added to the Japanese version following maintenance on September 6th from 11:00~17:30 JST.(There's currently no confirmed release date for Global version.) Check out 5 minigames that will be available to play in KINGDOM HEARTS III. Compete with your friends to get the high score. Achieve a specific score goal, and earn the Starlight Keyblade to wield in KINGDOM HEARTS III!
Series Director Tetsuya Nomura has also prepared a special message for fans, detailing what to expect from future updates. A full translation will be available later, but here are the important notes:
KINGDOM HEARTS Union χ [Cross] Thank you for our third anniversary.
It is Nomura for the first time in a while. Although it may not have been as long as it could have been. We're counting from "Union X"'s operation but, it has not been three years since "Union X" launched in its earliest form. If we think of it in terms of "X[chi]", it has been more than five years already, but I guess that doesn't count. That's why it's funny to think of the third anniversary, but this time it seems to be a different kind of celebration.
Although the development of "KINGDOM HEARTS III" is still taking a while, the mini game "CLASSIC KINGDOM" in "KINGDOM HEARTS III" is ready to be implemented with a "gameplay system that allows you to play" within "Union X." But saying "the gameplay system that allows you to play" is too long, so I've been calling it "X3". Even though it's short, I fear you might mispronounce it. I read "X-trace".
"X3" isn't just about "CLASSIC KINGDOM" but implements parts of Sora's mobile device from "KINGDOM HEARTS III" and it's where the new conversation tools will be located. For details about this, please also refer to announcement notices in the game.
I have kept you waiting so long, but the main scenario will be updated next month. Actually, the scenario part of Union X, aside from myself, was partially written by the staff of KINGDOM HEARTS III and I am sorry that couldn't update it quicker, but the wait is finally over.
I think that after this, the heart of the story will be evident.
The next time the main scenario will be updated, there will be new characters, and the connection between this character and that character will be revealed. I think it will be an interesting development. Until now, the matter of existing Disney Worlds needed to be dealt with first, but soon we will finally be visiting the new world. Along with that, we are preparing new mysteries and developments in the world of "Union X", so please continue to enjoy "KINGDOM HEARTS Union X[Cross]".
Thanks to everyone, we were able to reach "KH3" and the "3rd anniversary", so rather than apologizing, we'll distribute celebratory gems (jewels?).
Well then, see you soon.
KINGDOM HEARTS series director