• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Classic Kingdom arrives in KHUX JP on 9/6, get Starlight to use in KINGDOM HEARTS 3!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Finally, an update regarding the lore of KHux. Only took a year to announce.

Personally, I'm under the assumption that this "new" character is the somebody of Larxene. Every somebody of Organization XIII has met Ventus thus far outside of Demyx, Luxord and Larxene. With regards to the Keyblade transformation for Starlight, it's more than likely going to be Second Form in my opinion. I really don't see an exclusive transformation for Starlight.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Personally I thought if another organization member came from the Chi era it would be Luxord due to his time element.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
As long as there isn't anything story-related material attached to this extra Keyblade or a secret boss you can beat only with it equipped I can easily go without it.

Also, lol at Nomura realizing they haven't updated the main story like in ages.
I certainly hope the new content will be worthwhile although I admit that I am skeptical when I read about yet again "new characters" when they haven't done really anything with those already introduced.

Instead of bloating up the cast at every second turn they should rather make people actually care about the characters and give them some depth beyond two basic traits.

Last edited:

Muke

whatever
Awards
Yeah, honestly, we really don't need any MORE characters. He introduced not one, not two, but three new characters already and we don't even really know them? Yeah, he killed off Strelitzia but even then, what do we really know of her? That she's shy and really wants to befriend Player (and that she was supposed to be part of the gang), what else? Do we even know ANYTHING about Blaine? I guess if Lauriam is just like Marluxia, we kinda do know him, but still.

He keeps introducing new plot elements, new characters, new stuff, and never really does anything with them... chi is a fucking mess as is, do we really need to make it more unbearable? Ughh.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
I completely missed this. I'm hype for Classic Kingdom, I like getting the Startlight, thank you lord that the story will progress...but not really feeling even more characters. With any luck it will just be the hooded Striletizia holding a flower on the title screen and he just pretends its a new character lol.

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
Aight.
Nothing much can be said that wasn't said already, the main cause for concern are definitely these "new characters" and how they will be implemented.

I personally hope they'll be Brain's henchmen and that they are called Lungs, Stomach, Heart and the Kidney brothers.

That or Strelitzia's 13 siblings coming to mess Lauriam up.

Although the development of "KINGDOM HEARTS III" is still taking a while, the mini game "CLASSIC KINGDOM" in "KINGDOM HEARTS III" is ready to be implemented with a "gameplay system that allows you to play" within "Union X." But saying "the gameplay system that allows you to play" is too long, so I've been calling it "X3". Even though it's short, I fear you might mispronounce it. I read "X-trace"

Oh, nelly.
This brings me back to Nomura trying to explain the 3D in the title. One day the dude will learn naming all the things and explaining them isn't as sexy as it might sound.
Especially when I have to read the explanation three times to understand it.

It is probably knee jerk reactions, but the Keyblade alone

I'm sad this sentence doesn't continue with "cannot seal the Door to Darkness".

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I personally hope they'll be Brain's henchmen and that they are called Lungs, Stomach, Heart and the Kidney brothers.
Congrats, you made me laugh so hard I snorted. Gosh, it’s such a ridiculous name. Can’t believe that name was given to him.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
That key looks very slick and minimal, but doesn't look great with Sora as a wielder. And having to play Unchained Shite for it? Hahaha no thanks nice try

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
As long as there isn't anything story-related material attached to this extra Keyblade or a secret boss you can beat only with it equipped I can easily go without it.

Also, lol at Nomura realizing they haven't updated the main story like in ages.
I certainly hope the new content will be worthwhile although I admit that I am skeptical when I read about yet again "new characters" when they haven't done really anything with those already introduced.

Instead of bloating up the cast at every second turn they should rather make people actually care about the characters and give them some depth beyond two basic traits.

KH is falling prey to the "lets add lots of new characters to keep things exciting" trap that franchises like Sonic have had big issues with. Inevitably, adding too many characters leads to them being abandoned and never mentioned again, so lets hope these upcoming new characters are either the somebodies of preexisting characters or the last truly new characters we see for quite some time.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Also Nomura saying that Sora's Mobile Portal device might have a chat function has my mind racing at being able to contact other characters during the game. It won't be a proper chat, but like Kairi may send some info while she's with Lea (is this how her letter is implemented into the game?)
yeah that im thinking as well but it seems to only sora and kairi just like noctics and luna had the letters sora and kairi has the phone

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
yeah that im thinking as well but it seems to only sora and kairi just like noctics and luna had the letters sora and kairi has the phone
I mean, maybe not? The letters between Noctis and Lunafreya grew from a childhood habit which is why they continued to use that form of communication (plus it was probably safer to have the dogs slip by unnoticed instead of messages and calls being intercepted).

Noctis had his three best friends by his side the entire time so he didn’t need to message them, and he got phone calls from other people as well. We have seen Sora call Ienzo over in Radiant Garden, so the device and message capabilities should extend past the notion that the message system is only to funnel a romantic relationship between two friends.

I don’t think we could message anyone at any given time and expect replies, just that during the game the characters may send Sora messages about their lives and how their missions are going, and this may tie into the “meanwhile” scenes as well though I’d rather hope those would remain directly integrated with the main story progression.

gosoxtim

Silver Member
Awards
Noctis had his three best friends by his side the entire time so he didn’t need to message them, and he got phone calls from other people as well. We have seen Sora call Ienzo over in Radiant Garden, so the device and message capabilities should extend past the notion that the message system is only to funnel a romantic relationship between two friends.

I don’t think we could message anyone at any given time and expect replies, just that during the game the characters may send Sora messages about their lives and how their missions are going, and this may tie into the “meanwhile” scenes as well though I’d rather hope those would remain directly integrated with the main story progression.
if that the case i ownder if riku has a phone or not i mena it be hard to commuticate with riku when he in the dark relam but maybe the phone has some kind of magic in it

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Classic Kingdom? An actual story update?! A Keyblade?!
giphy.gif

We already have Femur and Skull~

DarkosOverlord

Bronze Member
Awards
EDIT: catching up the rest of the convo, my fear is that the Starlight will be yet another reward only available to the top bracket with every medal equipped with atk boost VII max and extra attack, therefore effectively locking it away from even people who play the game.
Usually whenever they say to achieve a certain score is never stuff I can get.

Congrats, you made me laugh so hard I snorted. Gosh, it’s such a ridiculous name. Can’t believe that name was given to him.

You and me both. Again, doesn't terribly bother me, but man it's one ugly (and useless) change.

We already have Femur and Skull~

DWrI2JY.gif

Seadrin

Awards
This is so awesome!!

So excited to see the story continue to progress. The render of Sora with the Starlight looks incredible! I love that we'll be able to get our hands on Classic Kingdom.. So much good stuff to be excited about! :smile:

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I doubt this extra Keyblade will be tied to the inevitable "all keyblades obtained" trophy, but if it is I'll send Square Enix some stern tweets

HakaishinChampa

Awards
Since you can level up Keyblades in Kingdom Hearts 3, maybe if you level up Starlight to the Max Level, you could get the better Starlight?

maryadavies

She Shoots for the Stars
Awards
Website
maryadavies.vze.com
So this might be competetive? I hope I can do it. But we'll see for sure when it comes out in global..

When this drops, I may relent and install it on my phone for a little while; I've been playing off a big tablet. Tablets are HEAVY and I'd like to go smaller for these minigames. :) (Not to mention I got a Samsung Galaxy 7 now; I just hadn't bothered since I have been trying to keep games and business separate.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back