• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Chocobo's?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clouds_hikari

Zophar said:
That would be awesome to be able to ride around on a chocobo. And have the chocobo theme playing while you are running around and running over heartless, lol.

Hehe.. chocobo summons.. :)

Gaiash

Website
www.geocities.com
well Hallowbastian is th FF world right? Well whats to say we don't see the world OUTSIDE the castle? Perhaps a Chocobo feature where you ride it between locations, like Carpet was in KH1 at first. Plus Chocobo mini games

ChaosChristianus

What if there a sidequest like 101 Dalmations in KH were u had to find missing chocobos in all the worlds. ( Dont mind me. Its just the mindless ramblings of a college student T-T)

Drachyench

Actually, Chocobo's can fight back quite well, plus it was revealed in Final Fantasy Tactics on the Playstation that at least one species of chocobo, red I believe, can actually fly.

Heartless1990

Gaiash said:
well Hallowbastian is th FF world right?

............You have to play FF games, Gaiash. Seriously. Hallow Bastion isn't Leon, Yuffie, Aerith, Cloud, and Cid's home world. In KH it is. Hallow Bastion is from Sleeping Beauty, dude. Sigh...

Chocobos are capable of fighting. Their devastating move in few FF games is Meteo, which is just a notch down from Meteor. But, thinking that chocobos can be in battle for KH2 makes me wonder WHY they would fight you. Unless they were chocobos without hearts turned into heartless chocobo but I would cry to see Sora kill a chocobo even if it was heartless.

zian

well it would be cool
and if there was racing even better!

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
Um, in the newer FF games, Chocobos are bad***. I think a chocobo might be a useful summon or early replacement (in HB) for glide, though I don't think it will end up that way since FF creatures haven't shown up yet except as heartless.

Ahhhhh! Everyone run! The Chocobo King of Heartless is here for your SOUL!

EDIT: Hollow Bastion IS NOT FROM SLEEPING BEAUTY! It has nothing to do with that movie, it even says in KH that Malificent moved in!

Also, this may be a bit off topic but although they must live at different times, both FF7 and FF8 talk about being descended form the Centra race, though FF8 is much more closer to that time, with less nuclear technology. In fact, so is FF6. The storyline FF8>FF7 actually works very well, so it could be that Nomura wanted to finally stop with all the subtle hints in the storyline and just throw it out there (though I do think that the timeline has been screwed with in KH, since Squall and Cloud cannot have ever met, still, the worlds being the same works).

Heartless1990

KrytenKoro said:
Hollow Bastion IS NOT FROM SLEEPING BEAUTY! It has nothing to do with that movie, it even says in KH that Malificent moved in!

Also, this may be a bit off topic but although they must live at different times, both FF7 and FF8 talk about being descended form the Centra race, though FF8 is much more closer to that time, with less nuclear technology. In fact, so is FF6. The storyline FF8>FF7 actually works very well, so it could be that Nomura wanted to finally stop with all the subtle hints in the storyline and just throw it out there (though I do think that the timeline has been screwed with in KH, since Squall and Cloud cannot have ever met, still, the worlds being the same works).

WTF are you talking about dude? FFVIII has nothing to do about the Cetra. The story of the Ancients exist in FFVII! *punches his pillow in anger* Ugh. KH has nothing to do with any events from FF. Only thing that they have in common are the characters. Hallow Bastion is the sleeping Beauty world if you want to watch the flippin' movie again! FFVIII and FFVII are not alike at all. FFVIII is a different realm from FFVII. Don't make up stuff, KrytenKoro.

"In Fact, so is FF6"...UGH! Don't make up stuff!

It's not a freakin' fact.

Cloudz_followa

Website
www.myspace.com
well u know there could be a world for a whole minigame: LOoking after Chocobos and race them and look for treasure but if there aint no Chocobo's at least there should be like LOTS of chocobo related minigames right??

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
Heartless1990: Actually, the last Lunar Cry destroyed the Cetra civilization in FFVIII, and the Gardens are remnants of they're floating bases. You can look it up on ffcompendium.com

And I didn't say that it was a fact that they were in the same storyline, I said it was a fact that the storylines fit. Cause they do. I never tried to say it was official, I said that you could put the two plots together into a timeline(with a few hundred years, yes, since in FF8 Cetra civilization died 80 years ago, and in FF7 it was a few centuries back) and there would be no inherent contradictions.

Also: where was the gate to darkness and waterfall going up, along with sewers inSleeping Beauty?

In Sleeping Beauty, they jsut had the castle in the thorns.

Also, I explicitly said that KH messed up the plot and timelines. Don't yell at me for something I didn't say.

Heartless1990 said:
WTF are you talking about dude? FFVIII has nothing to do about the Cetra. The story of the Ancients exist in FFVII! *punches his pillow in anger* Ugh. KH has nothing to do with any events from FF. Only thing that they have in common are the characters. Hallow Bastion is the sleeping Beauty world if you want to watch the flippin' movie again! FFVIII and FFVII are not alike at all. FFVIII is a different realm from FFVII. Don't make up stuff, KrytenKoro.

"In Fact, so is FF6"...UGH! Don't make up stuff!

It's not a freakin' fact.

sorry for double posting but...

Where have you seen the heartless symbol on BATB world?
THERE WAS NO HEARTLSS SYMBOL ON THE CASTLE!! AND THERE WAS NO
ANY HEARTLESS SIGNS IN THE csatle!! IT'S WHAT S-E MADE!!
LIKE TRAVERSE TOWN AND END OF THE WORLD NOW I WILL STOP TALKING IN CAPS
IF YOU SAY "It's not BATB world" TY

Last edited:

AForgottenMemory

Sheesh. Right to clear everything up, all the Final Fantasy game's are set in a different world. Sometimes you'll see re-occuring themes and names but that is all they are.

Hollow Bastion is NOT the castle from Sleeping Beauty. For one thing, you just have to watch the damn movie to see it isn't the same castle and secondly, don't you think it'd be kind of random (even for KH) to just say that all the Final Fantasy characters lived in the Sleeping Beauty world?

Hollow Bastion was created by Square-enix and was once Ansem's world along with the other Final Fantasy characters (at least in the KH's universe) so enough already! Get facts rather than basing it all on your thoughts!

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
I'd love 2 see chocobo's in the game, and as weapons... pecking and stamping on heartless to kill them would be sooo much fun, and also maybe using chocobos as transport, like the Gummi Ship or train would be cool, but very very unlikely...

Heartless1990

KrytenKoro said:
Heartless1990: Actually, the last Lunar Cry destroyed the Cetra civilization in FFVIII, and the Gardens are remnants of they're floating bases. You can look it up on ffcompendium.com

And I didn't say that it was a fact that they were in the same storyline, I said it was a fact that the storylines fit. Cause they do. I never tried to say it was official, I said that you could put the two plots together into a timeline(with a few hundred years, yes, since in FF8 Cetra civilization died 80 years ago, and in FF7 it was a few centuries back) and there would be no inherent contradictions.

FFVIII and FFVII don't have ANYTHING to do with each other, man. I don't give a "Crep" what some site says, they're WRONG! FFVIII has NOTHING to do with the Cetra, the Ancients nor would their worlds have anything similar. Dude, I might as well just post a comment on that site and tell them they're FLIPPIN' wrong. Okay, fine, you're right about the Beauty and the Beast thing. I can say I'm wrong at times, but this Final Fantasy thing, NO! They have NOTHING in common. Lunar Cry? YOU MEAN THE LUNAR BASE?! UGH, DID YOU EVEN PLAY THE GAMES? (sorry, I'm getting steamed here). Screw what those idiots said on that site! Play the game!!!

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
Yes, in fact I got 100%, and the story clearly says that the Cetra civilization which created the Gardens and Lunatic Pandora (the Cetra excavation site) was destroyed in the last Lunar Cry (when the monsters come down). You know, that big crater that blocks the way to Esthar? That's where the Last Lunar Cry hit. Also, Odin's base-thingy: It's called Cetra Ruins, and the continent is called Cetra. Hmmmm.. An ancient race that built massive magical machines powered by innately earthy forces, and was destroyed by monsters from space...I wonder where we have heard that before?

Yes I played the game--I also listened to the story instead of just going around randomly killing things.

Oh, and about telling them they're wrong: go do that, and tell me how much they laugh at you in their response.

And by the way, FFVII and FFVIII were designed to be similar games, due to the success of FFVII. I never said either was supposed to be a sequel, that they were exactly the same, or even that they are officially the same world. However, it is NOT official that every FF game has a different world (and this is patently false according to FFT, FFTA, FFXII, FFX, FFX-2, etc.), and what I said is that I thought KH was Nomura's way of nodding to the fact that they are designed to be similar (along with ingame errata or jokes like Zell's My Final Heaven, his grandfather was a spiky-haired soldier with a big sword, while his grandmother ran a bar, etc.) Obviously, the timeline in KH doesn't work, that is obvious. But the worlds are similar, which is what I was saying.

Back on topic though, I think that if chocobos do manage to be a summon(or ally [GLEE!]) they would be somewhat lie Dumbo, except with fighting attacks and dashes instead of flying and spouting water. Which woudl be awesome.

Drachyench

Koro, Jenova didn't LAND with monsters, it CREATED monsters from the Cetra. And If that were the case, the planet would have deployed the WEAPONS to stop the threat that edea and all possessed to the planet.

Cloudisawesum1

ahhhh chocobos in kh2 would b awesum......i mean picture this!

Army of heartless,Sora and company mounted on chocobos,Sora and company fighting heartless WHILE on chocobos!

That would b cool!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back