• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Chasing The Stars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Srry I haven't been posting. I was actually living life. xD
Well, I'm here again, so here's another chappy.

Blackened skies, shed through the very light I have been looking for.
Despite this, I try to pick up what is left.
My inner beast, a monster...or myself?

I won’t give up...for my my friends, for her...
Stars chasing each throughout the night sky,
These stars, guiding me...
Will lead me back to you some day.

Chapter 9- Loss & Vengance part 1

Auburn had Argent in his arms, unconcious. The cave started to rumble vigorously. The shock of his attack had caused the cave to give in. Auburn quickly ran out of the cave, just before the cave collapsed into nothing. Gray left in a sour note, seething his teeth. But he soon smirked, as he decided to resort to his back-up plan.

Auburn walked back to the village at night, stars looming above them. He went to the chief, and breathed a sigh of relief, knowing that the beast was vanquished. He had a guest room for them, and Auburn quickly accepted.

The hut was small, the bamboo walls covered with straw made it quite roomy. A small window hung above a straw bed, the full moon showing when he saw through the window. He laid Argent on a straw bed, as she quickly snuggled to the bed with ease. Auburn rubbed the blood off his face. My first tail, he thought. 9 more to go. He closed his eyes, and slept soundly.

It was morning. Auburn woke up, and saw that Argent was no longer in the straw bed. Auburn got up, and almost walked out. He felt something again. He stopped, and looked back.

He saw him again. His younger self. The little boy had his back on Auburn. He slowly turned around, leaving Auburn frozen. Blood was on the entire side of his face, the little boy having a haunting expression on his lifeless face. Auburn closed his eyes tightly, making it go away.

He opened his eyes, and saw that he was gone. He sighed, and quickly ran out. He saw that Argent and Ling were already at the bottom, so Auburn leaped off, and landed on a tree branch, with noises of 'Ouch', 'Dang', and 'That's gotta leave a mark' following his close encounter with the branch. After a brief laugh, Auburn got himself together, and the three left, continuing after that detour.

Meanwhile...

Airin was carrying a ton of firewood, and was heading back to his sensei's cave. He got in, and laid them to the side. As he was about to talk to his master, he realized that he was looking at someone. Airin looked, and saw him. It was the same black cloaked person from his past.

"We meet again..Airin." said the unknown. He looked at Airin, with his scarlet eyes, a gaze Airin would never soon forget. The old man stood by him, and pointed his staff at him.

"What do you want?" said the old man.

"Your time has come..." he said, as shot a blast of energy at them, but the old man created a barrier just in time. But the cave rumbled from the shock of the attack. The cave was collapsing. Airin looked around frantically. The old man smiled, and created a portal to escape.

"Master, come!" said Airin. The old man refused, and Airin quickly knew what he was doing.

"I must stay and make sure he doesn't follow you..."

"Master..."

"You are like a son to me, Airin. Teaching you was a honor. Remember to use that attack wisely...now go!" the old man said. Airin held back from crying. He knew he had to go. He nodded reluctantly, and stepped through the portal, the portal disappearing.

"One last show old man? Trying to take down a jackal, aren't we?" said the unknown. His hood came off, revealing Gray with a sinister look.

"...A cornered fox...is more dangerous than a jackal." were the old man's words, as the entire cave came raining down on them.

Airin got out of the portal. He smashed the tree in anger. His master died protecting him. Airin could only feel rage and vengance surge through him. His bracelets felt it as well, as a very strong aura came from them, the bracelets feeling his emotion. His death will be avenged.

He walked down the path, straggling. He looked ahead, and saw Auburn and them. He saw Auburn, and looked at his scarlet eyes. Airin froze. Then, he laughed for a brief moment. Airin had a dark look on his face, as his bracelets glowed even more.

I found you....

Now I will avenge my master...

Last edited:

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
Forever Lost, you inspire me. I'm about to tell you so in FlashChat. Good thing I only had to read like 3 chapters! <3

Chasing the stars is great so far keep it up!

I <3 Auburn, thus, I am his somewhat fangirl ;3

Peace

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
xD

Took some time, but I finally got part 2 down! Enjoy!

Blackened skies, shed through the very light I have been looking for.
Despite this, I try to pick up what is left.
My inner beast, a monster...or myself?

I won’t give up...for my my friends, for her...
Stars chasing each throughout the night sky,
These stars, guiding me...
Will lead me back to you some day.

Chapter 9: Loss & Vengeance part 2

Auburn heard something. It was coming closer. He quickly pushed his friends out of the way, as a ball of twilight energy came hurling at Auburn, the force pushing him back a few meters back. Auburn spit out a little blood, and looked forward. Airin was approaching, smoke coming from his bracelets from the attack.

"If I may ask, WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!?" yelled Auburn, agitated. Airin grinned, and sent another attack at Auburn. A little bit angry, Auburn caught the attack, leaving Airin shocked. Auburn held the ball of energy, and crushed it in his hands. Auburn charged at Airin, leaving very little time for Airin to react. Auburn took advantage of the moment, and landed a punch on Airin's face, Airin falling backward.

"I won't give up..I will avenge his death.." said Airin, getting up slowly. He summoned his Twilight blades, and charged at Auburn. Auburn dodged his swipes, but one of them cut off one of the chains that held his sword on his back. The sword flew into the air. Auburn smirked, and leaped into the air.

He grabbed the sword, and came charging at Airin in midair. Airin sent blasts his way, but Auburn only blocked the attacks with his sword. Auburn's heavy powerful swings took its toll on Airin. Since Auburn was able to wield it as if it was light, it made it even harder to fend off his attacks. After a barrage of attacks, Airin and Auburn striked at the same time, making a mild shockwave, shaking the ground beneath them, reeling from each other's attacks. Both of them panted heavily, still in their battle stances.

"Just what I would expect from the man who killed my sensei.." said Airin. Auburn's eyes widened. He had been framed. And he knew who done it. But reasoning was out of the question now, for this person was too blinded by rage to see clearly. It looks like he would have to defeat him to get the message across.

"Looks like I'll have to make this battle more interesting..." he said, as his bracelets resonated violently. Its aura swirled around Airin, engulfing him in its energy. Airin's body began to bulge, becoming stronger.

"Twilight Rising!" said Airin, as his body casted the aura around him. Veins pulsed from his arms, his hair sticking up. His bracelets both became a radiant gold colour. Electricity and wind danced around him in harmony. Auburn was prepared for the worst, little did he know how worse it could get.

Auburn blinked, and felt a force coming at him from behind. He turned around, and realized it was Airin behind him. Airin smashed Auburn's face with his fist, Auburn sent flying back, being dragged across the ground as he landed. Auburn couldn’t even sense him coming. He had become fast and powerful in a short amount of time. But if he were to go into demon form, would he be able to control his demon power? He couldn't take that risk. He's merely misguided. Can't have him killed.

But Airin seemed to have the killer intent, as he followed each swift and powerful strike with another. Auburn tried to resist the urge to go into demon form, despite the intense injuries he was enduring. But now it seemed that he was starting to lose control.

Pitiful human. Your humanity is your weakness.

What was the voice? Auburn landed on a puddle of water after an uppercut by Airin, and watched the ripples in the puddle. When the water settled, he saw his reflection, and did not like what he saw. It was him in his demon form, staring him in the face. It was his inner beast. The part of him that had the power. And he was not pleased.

If you won’t fight him, I will!

No!

You're too weak to control me! Now see how a true demon does battle!

Airin was about to lop the head off the lying Auburn, until he stopped. Auburn’s body began to pulse with something unnatural. Airin smelt the foul aura of a powerful beast coming from Auburn. His enemies’ body began to grow and bulge, as his hair grew longer. His nails turned into razor sharp claws. Airin heard a low growling coming from Auburn. Airin stepped back as he saw a blood red aura swirl and dance ardently around Auburn as he slowly rose from the ground, two tails coming forth, swinging. As Airin looked at Auburn, Airin froze in fear.

Auburn’s eyes had turned completely hazel, as his gaze froze Airin. Auburn gave Airin a swift blow to the stomach, stunning him. Auburn quickly threw him into the air. Auburn teleported above him, and grabbed Airin’s ankles. His body began to spin wildly as they made their way down. When they were about to land, Auburn thrashed Airin against the ground, the ground shattering and breaking from the impact.

But Auburn was not finished with Airin. He gripped Airin’s head, and dragged his face and body across the jagged rough ground, and after he was done he picked up Airin and kept thrashing his body on the ground, lifting his body, and repeating it savagely.

Airin, resisting the pain, finally broke free from the beast’s grip, and gave him and the beast distance. He had never expected his foe to be so ruthless, so savage. He expected this kind of rage to be blind, allowing him to strike his weak spots. But Auburn was different. It was almost as if he knew what he was doing, keeping his guard while attacking relentlessly.

Airin knew what to do, but he was afraid of the shock he would bring on the Earth. His master warned him that the attack might be strong enough to rip the world in two. But, he valued his life, and his master said he was part of something great to come, and he had to make sure he lived to see that happen. So it had to be done. Airin had to use...his ultimate attack.

Auburn charged at Airin, but came to a halt. He growled, as he saw Airin radiate with a yellow, white and black aura, all of these colors dancing and jumping around Airin rapidly. Soon, the ground started to shake, as Auburn held his ground. Energy began to seep from Airin rapidly, as a field of energy surrounded him. Airin looked at Auburn and grinned. The energy now gathered in front of him, as it came into the shape of a ball. A very big ball.

“For my master! Twilight Lapse!” he said, as the ball shot an enormous blast fo energy at Auburn, Auburn still standing his ground, as he took the full force of the attack. The attack sent a shockwave that ripped the ground around them. When it was done, smoke surrounded the battle field.

“It’s done...what?!” said Airin, as he looked at his attack. The trail it left stopped right in front of Auburn. None of the attack got past Auburn. Airin was beyond shocked. It was said that the Twilight Lapse couldn’t be stopped by anyone, and anyone hit by it would become nothing. But Auburn was still there, badly injured. His clothes were now ragged and tattered, cuts and gashes all over his body, blood trickling from every wound. Airin could attack him, but his attack drained him of his energy and strength. Airin’s vision began to blur, as he fell to the ground, and closed his eyes.

I’m sorry, Master...

He was too strong for me..

Airin woke up in the room of an Inn, and found himself all bandaged up. He looked around, and found Auburn in the bed next to him, bandaged as well. It was no use fighting, for he was too weak. He heard the door open, and saw two people come in. It was Argent and Ling. She came in and immediately slapped Airin across the face. Ling looked just as angry, ready to draw his sword on Airin.

“What was that for?” said Airin, and got another slap to the face once more, his cheek now red.

“Why did you do this to Auburn?!” said Argent, pointing to the sleeping Auburn next to Airin.

“I did it to avenge my master. He killed my master..’ said Airin.

“..Since when?” said Argent. Airin’s eyes widened. Could he have accused the wrong person? No, He had those eyes, it had to be him. They heard Auburn cough hoarsely, as he slowly opened his eyes. He looked and saw everybody, and Airin.

“Glad to see you’re alive..” said Auburn, as he coughed some more.

“Answer me...did you kill my sensei?” said Airin.

“No..I know who did, though.” said Auburn. Airin felt ashamed for wrongfully accusing Auburn in his state of rage.

“Who did it?” Airin said, still ashamed.

“My brother...Gray..” were Auburn’s words before he fell asleep again. Airin breathed a sigh of relief, and rested on the pillow. He looked at Argent and Ling with sorrowful eyes.

“Forgive me, I am truly sorry.” an injured Airin said, as his eyes grew heavier.

“It’s okay. Auburn probably knew what he was doing, throwing himself into battle like that. I bet he’s just glad to clear your mind from your rage. Don’t worry, we’re all after Gray, and we’ll find him soon.” said Ling, clenching his fists. Airin smiled.

“I’m glad to hear it..” Airin said, as he fell asleep once more, knowing that there were others willing to fight Gray, and that his master’s death would not be in vain.

Meanwhile, Gray sat at his thorn throne, in his castle floating in the dark mist. As he looked into his chalice, he overheard and overlooked Auburn and the groups’ conversation.

“Damn, they didn’t kill each other. Nice job, brother, but now it’s time to step up the game. Come forth, ninja...” he said, as a ninja in an orange jump suit kneeled before him.

“Kill Auburn and them.” said Gray with a sinister grin, as the ninja disappeared in a smoke cloud. Gray stood up, and went behind his throne, and came to an empty, dark room. In the center of the room was a stone circle. There was a few of many glyphs resonating from the circle.

“Everything is going according to plan. Soon, the Dusk shall proceed as planned.” he said, as the circle slowly spun, Gray laughing maliciously.

Review ^^

Last edited:
S

.Scarlet Letter.

Outstanding fanfiction FL,im lost for words ._.
*keeps reading*

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back