• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Chasing The Stars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Here's teh updartness ^^
Introduces a new character...enjoy!

Chapter 3- Out of Control

Running.
I can’t let them get me.
But sooner or later..
I’ll have to fight.

A young man ran through the mountain paths, with creatures hot on his trail, a full moon hanging above them. They were not the creatures that Auburn had faced. These were more ruthless. They were armored beings, armor covering their head, arms and legs, with only their torso unguarded, but still had the hole in their chests like the other type of creatures. They didn’t run on all fours, but ran using their hands, making them unusual foes indeed.

I have seen what these menacing things have done.
They have ripped the soul and life essence from their prey.
They use that essence to make another of their own.
Their prey left, soulless...no memory of themselves.
It was then I had named them ‘ForgetMeNots’
Hunters of memories and souls.
Scavengers of the inner nightmare.

He didn’t care about what was ahead of him. Running away from these things was the only thing he had in his mind. He was not going to die here. Not like this. The young man had blonde hair with brown tips at the end. His teal eyes shined in the moonlight. He wore a white loose t-shirt, with a black sleeveless zip-up jacket. Black denim pants ran down to just past his knees. White lines going down the front of his pants, with white shoes with black streaks on them. On his wrists were metal bracelets, both had a small aura surround them. He had believed that the creatures were either after him, or they were after his bracelets. Either one, he wasn’t going to give them to him. He then decided there was only one thing to do to get away. He ran all the way to the edge, slightly hesitating. But, he leaped off the mountain path, off the mountain, free falling down into the forest below.

Persistently, the ForgetMeNots had followed him, they jumping off as well. Now was the time to strike, he thought. His right bracelet glowed, and he felt the energy surge through his right arm. He released it, a blast of light engulfing a bunch of the creatures, the creatures cremated by the powerful light. There were still more left. And it would not be long before he hit ground. He had to end this, he thought.

His left bracelet started to glow as well. He felt two different energies flow within him. He focused his energy onto the creatures. He felt the energy compress until the energy from the bracelets came into the form of blades. A blade of light on his right arm, and a blade of darkness on his left. He looked at the descending ForgetMeNots and wanted to destroy them all with his blades. The bracelets reacted to his thoughts, as the blades became more and more powerful. He knew he could not contain it, and released it all. He slashed the air, and created an x-shaped blast of light and darkness intertwined. It quickly wiped out the rest of them. He smiled as he crashed onto the ground, as his vision went black, the world spinning through his eyes.

He slowly woke up, and rubbed his eyes. He flinched from the pain. He looked around and saw that he was at the bottom of the mountain. He found himself to have many cuts and bruises from the fall and a major headache. He needed to sleep. But he got up, only to fall down again. He was just too weak. It was a good thing he got rid of the ForgetMeNots, or else they would’ve finished the job right here. He closed his eyes, and slept, slowly healing. During this time, he reflected on the past.

I can remember...
How this all started..

The young man had lived peacefully, in a land ruled with order, protecting the villages within. A struggle between light and dark occurred in that time, but the villages and villagers were unaware of this, for the kingdom kept the war from coming into the castle, so everything was peaceful. But one day, all of that changed.

The young man, 16 years old at the time, was finished picking vegetables from the field, and was walking back to his house. But someone intervened. An unknown man, hidden in black cloak and robes, stood in his way.

“Who are you?” said the young boy. This man looked pretty suspicious.
“Dawn to start it. Dusk to end it.” the man said. The boy was confused by this man’s words. To him he was speaking nonsense. He walked past the unknown, but when he looked forward, the unknown was in front of him.
“I don’t know who you are, but get away from me.” said the young boy. The unknown chuckled.
“Dawn to start it. Dusk to end it.” he said as he handed the young boy two bracelets. One white metal bracelet in one hand, a black on in the other. He repeated those words as he gave it to him.

The young boy seemed mesmerized by the bracelets, as if they were pulling him towards him. He slowly put it on, and felt a new energy surge through him. Suddenly the ground shook. Darkness came from the distance, enveloping anything in its path. The young man was horrified as he watched as an innocent villager was ripped apart and swallowed by the dark. Quickly he ran, but he realized that the darkness was all around him. He stood there as they closed in on him. But his bracelets glowed ominously as their glow surrounded his body. As the darkness attempted to engulf him, the darkness actually hesitated as they came near the aura, as if it was hurting them. Could it be that the unknown was protecting him for what’s to come?

But unfortunately, the darkness still enveloped the young man, but the young man felt no pain. He felt like he was drifting, drifting away into the darkness. It was then he found himself on a mountain village. Everything seemed okay, until he saw the ForgetMeNots came in. He witnessed their brutality. They slaughtered a family with no remorse, and slew the villagers, enjoying their demise. He cringed from this sight. It made his stomach turn, watching this. The village went up in flames, the young man the only one left. When they noticed him, he ran, and all of this started. He woke up frantically, as if he woke from a terrible nightmare. He felt better, seeing most of his injuries healing. He was able to get up without falling, and walked, on his way to a small town, a few kilometers away from where he was. But he didn’t care. He just wanted to get away from this forest, knowing that those creatures will come again.

Night fell, and he knew he was lost. It seemed like he was walking in circles, which seemed to be the case. His strength had withered, and he couldn’t go on. He fainted from the exhaustion, to rest. His vision went black, a sharp pain in his head.

He woke up inside in the room of an Inn. He saw that his injuries were bandaged and tended to. He removed the bandages and saw they were still healing. But his white bracelet started to glow. It’s aura surrounded him, and saw that his cuts and bruises were fading away. He felt much better, as he got up from bed, and was about to walk out, until he noticed a message on a chair. He picked it up and opened it. It said,

If you read this, you’re probably healed.
We found you in dire need of healing, so we brought you to an Inn.
No need to repay us, just helping someone in need.

Take care.

He put it back and smiled. He was just lucky, he thought. He walked out of the Inn to see a lively town. Everyone was walking the streets, doing whatever they wanted to do. He was walking around town to see the sights until he was stopped by someone. He turned to look at him.

He wore black robes, with a chainmail underneath. He had a scarf wrapped around his neck. He wore spiked gloves, with black baggy pants, leather boots for footwear. He had black hair and tanned skin with emerald eyes. He looked older than he really is, for he looked like he was in his 20s. He has a scar through his left eye, a sign of a great warrior.

“You, stranger. I challenge you to a battle. I will not let you refuse. My name is Lancar.” said the man, looking into the young man’s eyes. The young man looked away.
“My name..is Airin.” he said, about to say something.
“Well? What do you say? Duel?” he said, gripping his arm tightly. Airin moved his arm away from him.
“No, now leave me be.” said Airin, walking away. Infuriated, Lancar took his spear and lunged it towards Airin. He sensed it coming and dodged it. Baffled, he attacked again. Airin dodged it with ease. He attacked again, but Airin caught the blade, leaving the angered Lancar more angrier than before.
“How dare you make me look like a fool!” said Lancar, as his spear glowed red, and was cast aflame, the blade of his spear burning with a blue flame. Everyone around them fled in their homes for safety.
“Aestus!” he said as he started his attacks on Airin. Airin was quick but one attack landed on him, and his right arm was cut. Blood slowly trickled from the wound. He used the power of the light bracelet to heal the wound, and leered at Lancar. He summoned a blade of light from his white bracelet, and the battle began. Airin charged at Lancar, Lancar expecting his attack. But as he came within a few steps ahead of Lancar, Airin disappeared. Lancar looked around, surprised. He looked up, and saw him, as Airin came down with an aerial attack, the blade of light gashing through his armor. He held his wound and staggered back.

“I won’t let you beat me! Aestus! Winterkill! Earthenblade! Levin!” he shouted, as both blades on each end of his spear, glowed with a powerful azure aura.
“You will be the first one to feel the wrath of all of my element attacks at once!” said Lancar, as he hurled a massive wave of fire, ice, earth and lightning towards Airin.

Airin knew he couldn’t dodge this one. The blast was too big. There was nowhere to escape. He accepted this end. Despite the outcome, he accepted it. However, his bracelets didn’t. The bracelets started to glow uncontrollably. Their aura became too powerful, and he released them in one powerful blast. The blast ripped through the wave of energy, and headed straight for Lancar. He would dodge it, but his energy wave left him too weak to do so. He took the full force of the blast, light and dark energy blowing him away.

Airin looked and only saw a cloud of smoke. The street they fought in was in ruin. The smoked cleared, and his eyes widened by the shock. The blast had done excessive damage to Lancar, and everything behind him. It had demolished many houses. Fire ans smoke sweltered everywhere. The sounds of a baby crying was heard in the background. Lancar was amongst the rubble, his clothes all tattered and ripped. But he was not the only one. Many people suffered from his attack. He saw that his blast had went straight through, the attack carving through the forest and even the mountain itself. He just...couldn’t believe it.

He kneeled from the sight of the destruction. No, this power is too much, he thought. He got up and ran away. Away so no one knew it was him. He walked into a grass field, and wandered from there. The clouds turned black and grey. They swirled around him, and started to rain. Airin thought it was the heavens weeping from his devastating attack. He couldn’t wield this power. He knew that more people would get hurt if he did.

“I vow...never to use these things again...” said Airin, as he clenched his fists, and walked in the rain, walking to where his eyes could see. The rain didn’t stop, as he straggled, and walked into the distance.

Never...again...

review ^^

Last edited:

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
I much regret having to do this mate, but I'm gonna have to resign. I'l give you my reasons, which are alrady obvious:

1) I have been of absolutely no help to you whatsoever so far, barring the use of one character, who you can obviously still use.

2) The other written piece I'm suppose to be working on, well, my co-author has finally decided it's time for us to gte our asses in gear, leaving me with a choice. >< But I said I'd co-write with her before I said I'd do this one, so it's only fair...

3) I'm nowhere near as good an author as you, Im more tentative and 'girly' about how I write, so I'd only hold you back anyway.

That said, you can still use Argent if you want to, I will still be reading this, and I'm still interested in chatting over the story to you if in the unlikely event that you'll ever need my help with it. XD

~DM~

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
O_O
.....well.
>.>....>.<
well, i diagree about me being better. i think ur a better author than i.
but if u really want to, i cant stop u...:(

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
srry i havent updated in some time, but here it is:Chapter 4! ^^

Chapter 4-Inner Demon

The sun rose, into the sky, marking another day. Auburn woke up from his chair, opened his eyes, and stretched his arms wide. He heard a few cracks in several different places and froze. Well, that felt weird, he thought. He kept stretching, the sounds of cracking come from his body. He smiled, enjoying this stretch. It was like watching a dead corpse reanimate himself, every joint he stretched cracking. He turned to look and saw Ling was awake too, with his eyes widened and mouth gaping open.

“What?” Auburn said smiling. There was a moment of silence. Ling shook his head and got up.
“Don’t....ever do that again.” he said. Auburn bursted with laughter. Ling had a chuckle himself, as they got ready for the day. They realized they had to wake up Argent.
“She missed one hell of a battle last night.” Ling said, as they walked into her room. Auburn nodded, as they watched Argent silently sleeping. Ling stayed at the door, while Auburn walked in, walking near to wake her up. But as he was about to, he froze.

His vision was clouded by something. He looked to see that he was not in Argent’s room anymore. He saw that he was in a small room. A drawer was near the door, a bed next to the window, with a small table and a chair in the corner. He saw the bed and a girl sleeping, her face hidden under the sheets. He saw the door swing open, and saw himself, as a ten year old walk in. He walked in, and saw the girl, and sat on the bed. As he was about to talk to her, the girl saw him and quickly embraced him, still hidden under her blanket. He hugged her as well, as they stayed like that for sometime until the silence was broken.

Stay with me.

He opened his eyes, and saw Ling trying to get him together, and saw Argent, terrified by this. He shook his head, as he found himself on the floor. He rubbed his eyes, and got up slowly. He felt disoriented, trying to come to grips with what just happened. It was another vision. But why? Why now?

“You okay now dude?” Ling said, concerned for his white haired friend. Auburn nodded slowly.
“I’ll..be fine.” said Auburn, as he looked at Argent. Could she have something to do with these visions? No, it must be something else, he thought. He looked around. The bed was near the window, a drawer near the door, and a table and a chair at the corner. His eyes widened. Could it be that anything related to his past could activate these visions? He shook his head once more.

“Let’s just go.” Auburn said, as he walked out of the room. They have never seen Auburn like this before. Both of them felt that something was wrong. The three of them had a very silent walk that day. Auburn was usually the one talking, but today, he was just silent. Even when thieves tried to mug Auburn, he just knocked them out with one punch and walked away. Auburn looked so depressed it was scary. After some time, Argent decided to talk to him. She walked next to him, looking at him.

“Auburn...are you okay?” she asked. As Auburn was about to look at her, he felt that sharp pain again. It wasn’t a vision. It was like he wasn’t able to see Argent. He struggled to, and actually looked at Argent. His vision was blurry, but he could see her.

Make...it...stop!

“I’m...fine...let’s keep going..” Auburn said, his voice slowly becoming quieter, and continued walking. Argent just looked at him. He was showing a side Ling and Argent never saw before. His tortured side, the part of Auburn he usually keeps inside. And as much as they hate to admit it, they missed the old Auburn. As they walked into a grass field, ForgetMeNots appeared from nowhere. Ling and Auburn were ready to fight, but Argent stopped them.

“Let me fight them.” she said. Auburn and Ling bursted with laughter. They were laughing so hard tears slowly came from their eyes.
“You? Fight?” Ling said, as his laughter continued. The creatures titled their heads, watching the two laugh their heads off. Argent waved her fist, the many sounds of slapping and punching in the air. Auburn and Ling rubbed their heads and faces, as they let Argent do her thing.

“Hmph. I figured out how to take them out.” she mumbled as she raised her staff at them. The creatures stepped back. She closed her eyes for a brief moment, focusing on her energy. She opened her eyes and felt her energy sync with her staff, her staff glowing with a white aura.

“Light, pass judgement on the dark! Holy!” she said. She knew it was a powerful spell to cast, but she wanted to prove she was strong, and this spell was the only way. Her staff made a humming noise, Argent trying to control it. She dug her staff into the ground, the energy was released, a massive explosion of light resulted from the spell.

It destroyed the creatures, which was a good thing. But, it destroyed everything around her. She looked around and saw Ling and Auburn hanging from a branch on a burning tree. Argent giggled at how silly they looked. That should show I’m strong, she thought. The branches the two were hanging on snapped, both of them falling to the ground.

“Ow!” Ling said, rubbing his head. Auburn walked in circles, disoriented. He bumped into a tree, and shook his head.
“Wow! Pretty lights!” said Auburn, as he fell unconscious Auburn sleeping was prolly a sign that they should rest. That night was quite peaceful. The fire Ling made was nice and warm, and the cooked fish tasted good. Ling went out to get more firewood, and walked into the forest. She looked at Auburn, and couldn’t tell if he was knocked out or sleeping.

Ling came back with a sufficient amount of firewood. Hey lay them next to him and looked Argent. Argent felt like she had done something wrong, by the way he was looking at her.

"That was...forbidden magic, wasn't it?" he said, throwing firewood in. She seemed shocked. He did he know that Holy was forbidden magic? She hung her head in shame.
"I'm...sorry. I just.." she said, looking down onto the ground.
"Wanted to prove yourself? Even though you can't really fight, you are a great healer and white mage. When Auburn ate that poison ivy and thought it was herbs, you were there to cure him when it could have gotten worse." he said, chuckling, remembering that day.
"Go to sleep Argent. Live for the day, cause it might be your last." he said, as he lay down and closed his eyes, and quickly fell asleep. Argent smiled, and decided to take a little walk before she went to sleep.

The forest seemed quite peaceful, great for this evening walk. She came to a cliff, with a vast forest below. She sat near the edge, gazing at the stars. She felt truly at peace, looking at how many stars were in the black sky. She heard a rustle from the bushes, and looked behind her. It was Auburn. But it wasn't so suprising. Auburn was the kind of person to stay up at night.

"Hey." she said, as Auburn sat beside her. He did not look at the stars, but rather looked at the forest below, and into the distance.
"Where did you come from?" said Auburn, still looking into the distance.
"I..was raised by monks. They taught me how to cure and use white magic. I was walking in the Forest of Elders one day, until I came across this glowing orb, and it brought me to Cambridge Town, where you found me." she said, looking at Auburn.
"I guess you miss your hometown..." said Auburn, looking down onto the ground.
"I do...but one day, I'll prove to them-to everyone, that I will be a great white mage." said Argent, still gazing at the stars.

Before Auburn could say anything, rustling was heard behind them. But it wasn't Ling. it was someone else. He was hidden in black robes and a black cloak. Auburn and Argent immediately stood up at his prescense, feeling something bad about this man. The unknown took out a sword as tall as himself, that seemed to extend like a whip. The unknown chuckled, and whipped his sword at the ground, seperating the land he was on from Auburn and Argent' part, the two falling to their death.

Auburn realized that Argent was falling faster than him, and tried to get her hand. But a vision came again. Why now? Out of all times? But he remembered that anything related to his past will trigger this, so something in his past was similar to this. He let the vision take over, and saw the girl again. Her hair was covering her face, her identity still masked from him. It seems like he and she was falling as well.

Auburn! Help!

No! We're not gonna die here!

Auburn's vision ended there. It seemed that he survived, but did she? He realized that it was now long until they reached the bottom. He was not going to die. I'm not dying here. He felt rage swell from inside. His vision became too blurry, as his world went black.

He woke up, and saw Argent and Ling stare back at him. He got up, and rubbed his head. It was morning, and everything seemed alright.

"What happened?" said Auburn, rubbing his head.
"She told me what happened. Dude, you don't remember?" said Ling, helping him up. Auburn shook his head. He helped him sit down as Argent told him what happened last night.

Argent thought she was done for, not far from the ground, until Auburn caught her. She looked at him and was terrified. His eyes were blood red, and the grip on her hand was intense and full of rage. He held her close, as he leaped up, dodging the debris in his way. He leaped quite a long way up, all the way to the top, where the unknown was waiting. Auburn dropped Argent on the ground when they reached the top. She watched as Auburn went through a transformation. The chains that bound Auburn wrapped itself around Auburn, the sword on his back glowing a purple aura.

"That aura...it's foul, like a beast." said the unknown. Auburn stood up, and Argent saw that Auburn had black markings on his hands and arms. There were three stars on his face. One on each cheek and one on his forehead. His teeth was all jagged and sharp, his red eyes turned into light purple. The sword disappeared, looking like it fused with his body. His body seemed to grow, as it became more bulkier.

"I'm...gonna....kill you!" said Auburn, followed with a roar, a roar that could instill fear into one's soul. Auburn twitched uncontrollably, as a purple energy swirled around him.
"His energy is so strong and concentrated...it's visible!" the unknown said, watching in horror. Quickly, he whipped his sword at him. But the sword curved when it tried to impact Auburn, as if it was blown into another direction. The blade came back to his master, the master in shock.

"The energy around him...blew it away!?" said the unknown. He knew that Auburn had evolved into something truly powerful. It was like beast and power incarnate. The unknown started to step back, knowing he couldn't take this creature on.
"ForgetMeNots! Kill him!" he said, as an army of them slithered out of the forest, all charging towards him. Auburn's left eye widened, as he crossed his arms, and let out a fierce bellow, the energy around him flowing with his roar, blowing away all of the creatures, destroying them in the process. Auburn grinned, and saw that the unknown was the only one left.

"He took them out..with a roar.." said the unknown, now trembling with fear. Auburn charged towards him with inhuman speed. Quickly, he whipped his sword again, but this time Auburn gripped the blade, and snapped it as if it was a twig. Auburn clenched his right fist, and smashed the unknowns face, the sound of a vase breaking from the result. He picked up the unknown with one hand, and dragged his body across the floor, blood spreading everywhere. He let go of the unknown, and ran to Argent's side, growling. Could it be that Auburn was protecting her all of this time? The unknown stood up, all bloody and bruised.

"I've seen all that I need to see.." the unknown said, coughing hoarsely, as he disappeared into a black mist. Auburn sighed, as smoke started to come from his body. The chains went back to their normal position, the Broken Angel back on his back, the black markings fading away with the smoke. Auburn fell to the ground, but Argent caught his fall, as she giggled, and they walked to their campsite.

"Wow, that was cool!" he said, after listening to this with happiness. Ling seemed baffled that Auburn couldn't be surprised at this.
"Auburn...do you know why this happens?" said Ling.
"Well, sometimes things like this happens before..usually when I'm like near death or something. Don't really remember much during that." said Auburn, smiling. Ling looked at Argent, as the both of them nodded. Near death experiences trigger this, but somehow Argent felt like it didn't come from Auburn. She looked at the sword on his back. She remembered that the sword disappeared when he transformed, so could it be the sword's doing?

"Well, let's get going! There's a world out there that I wanna see and staying here isn't helping!" said Auburn, as he stood up. Ling nodded and stood as well.
"Yeah, and I see many chances to have a wife!" said Ling. Argent smiled and stood as well.
"And I can be the greatest white mage if I learn more!" she said, as they all walked together, down the forest path.

The unknown came back to his master very wounded and told him what happened to him.

"I see....I do not appreciate failure.." he said, as he looked upon his defeated servant with scarlet eyes.
"Please master, don’t-" he said, but his master had already executed him before he could finish. The unknown chuckled.
"The Dusk will end all life, and I plan to be the one who will start it." said the unknown, as he walked away from the window he was looking from, inside a black castle, floating in the black sky, his maniacal laughter echoing throughout the long halls.

Hope u liked it!
Review time! ^^

Last edited:

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
srry that i havent been able to post, but here i am, updating ^^
this is an Airin chapter, leading to on hell of a showdown xD
enjoy

Chapter 5- Training Begins: Airin Meets Old Man Hiroyuki

Airin never put on the bracelets, let alone look at them. He kept them in his pocket, their aura always tempting him to wear them. But he had been known to resist them, and he wasn’t going to give up on his vow now. He knew what these things were capable of. And he was not going to be a part of it. To never use it, that, was his vow, he thought. He felt that there was only one thing left to with these things: Destroy them. But how?

He saw a small cave, with a small light inside, Was someone living in there? He walked inside, and saw many drawings carved onto the walls. He looked and saw a small teepee, with a small fire in front of it. The teepee had many interesting drawings on it, like a mountain painted azure, with yellow and red stars hanging above it. He heard footsteps inside the teepee, and stepped back a little. The teepee opened up, and relaxed a bit.

It was a little old man, with a long white beard down to his feet. He only wore a loincloth, with an old oak staff in his old, wrinkly hand. He had very bushy eyes, with his hair all messy and irty, all the way down to his feet as well. Airin started to wonder if her ever tripped on his hair while walking.

“Aye, what brings you to my humble abode, stranger?” the old man inquired, his old eyes squinting at the young man.
“I was just looking around. I’ll be leaving now..” said Airin, as he turned to leave the cave, the old man pounded his staff onto the ground, a loud sound echoing throughout the cave. Airin looked back, and saw a grim face on the old man.

“Where....did you get those bracelets young man?” said the old man, barely uttering a smile. Airin’s eyes widened, looking at the little man. How did he know about his bracelets!? He never showed them to him! But yet, he still knew....
“How...” he uttered, but the old man lifted his hand, and opened it, revealing both of his bracelets.
“I may be old, but with age comes experience, and I have enough to take care of myself.” said the old man. Airin was surprised by this small figure. He took his bracelets swiftly without him even knowing it. Airin knew this was a man of great skill. The old man looked down onto these bracelets.

“This is a great power you hold onto. I sense that you have seen what you can do, but that is only the surface of it’s power. It can become more lethal than what you have unleashed from these. I have dealt with this power before, and have learned to control this power over time.” said the old man. Airin was nothing short but amazed. If he could learn to control this power, maybe, just maybe, he won’t be able to hurt any more innocent people.

“Do you..wish to learn how to control the power of Twilight?” said the old man with a light smile. Airin grinned, as he bowed before him.

“Please..I want to learn how to control it.” said Airin. The old man was still smiling, as he handed him his bracelets.
“So be it. From now on, your training under my rule begins. From now on, you will refer to me as Sensei Hiroyuki.” said the old man. Airin nodded, as he once again put on the bracelets, breaking his short lived vow, but knew that by breaking it, he would be able to save more people than hurting them. He knew it was the only way.

Morning broke, and Airin had immediately started his training. He had mastered how to form blades out of the energy, but now he had to learn to control it, and to learn how to extend it to have the upper hand in battle. Hiroyuki decided to test his skills by setting up rock boulders, 10 to be exact.

“Now, slice these rocks in two..within 5 seconds.” said the old man sternly. Airin’s eyes widened. Was he serious!? But it is training under his rule, so he expected nothing less. He formed blades from both bracelets, and closed his eyes to concentrate. He had to figure out the best possible way to slice all of these within 5 seconds. He felt an equilibrium with his energy, and opened his eyes. With his senses keen, he used precision and quickly severed the first 3. 2 seconds. 5 boulders this time. Almost there. 4 seconds. Last 2! He quickly severed the remaining boulders. Sweat quickly poured down his face. That took a lot out him.

“Hmph. Not bad. But it must be EXACTLY 5 seconds. You completed it within 5.5 seconds. You must be quicker! You could’ve gotten them all in the time limit, but your technique lacked in the very end! You must learn to keep your focus at all times! And I expect you to do it within 4 seconds when you have mastered this training! And we still have a lot to go from there!” said the old man, whacking Airin with his staff. The oak was very hard, which made it hurt. Airin rubbed his head in shame. This was going to be some training, he thought.

Airin had continued his training from there, all of the lessons hard beyond compare. He had to turn a massive boulder into nothing but mere pebbles, all pebbles perfectly round. He had to learn to dodge an incoming rockslide, without using the bracelets. And so the lessons continued, Airin being worn out by his sensei. They did take breaks, but they were all short, making more time for training.

Night fell, and Airin was completely exhausted from one day of training. His light bracelet helped heal some of the exhaustion, but that was it. He closed his eyes and quickly fell asleep. His mind and body was too tired, so wasn’t able to dream, but just see black for the rest of the night.

The sun barely rose, and his sensei had already woke him up. Somewhat rested, had begun his training again. He had to use his light bracelet to turn a lot of water into steam at once. It took a great amount of concentration and focus in order to do this. The lessons got even harder than before, and Airin wasn’t keeping up.

Days passed, and Airin, despite of the intense training he undergone, he was getting extremely stronger, and the old man can sense it. He had been able to master some of the lessons, and was only getting better. Airin was able to slice 10 boulders into two in 5 seconds, and even less. He could turn an entire lake into a mere puddle, and be able to force the clouds to rain again, the lake returning. Hiroyuki was really impressed by his improvement. Now there was more lessons, but this one would surely make him stronger, and it would surely be one of the hardest.

The old man and Airin came to a great waterfall, as tall as a mountain, and it was here where his final, and hardest lesson began.

“Airin...your final lesson is...to reverse this waterfall, to change its flow.” said the old man, stroking his beard. Airin was shocked. This would indeed be a challenge. But he had to do it. He stood before the waterfall, and closed his eyes. He envisioned the waterfall reversing it’s ebb and flow. His eyes widened, as he pointed his bracelets at the waterfall, as the energy from the bracelets build up every second. He had to control it, he thought. It got more powerful and powerful, but he just needed to concentrate a little more. Finally, he felt the energy compress, making him able to have complete control.

He looked up the waterfall. This is for the people that I couldn’t save. This is for the people I will save. He thrashed his hands up in the air, and threw the energy towards the waterfall. Twilight energy swirled from his bracelets, as the waterfall slowly started to go the other way.

He let out the rest of the energy with a loud scream, and the waterfall had completely reversed flow. Airin panted heavily. His sensei clapped proudly. He limped to Airin’s side and nodded respectfully.

“You have definitely gotten better, my apprentice. But we must keep training. And as your final lessons, I will teach you special moves with your power...” said the old man.
“What do you mean?” said Airin.
“You are looking at the previous user of those bracelets.” said Hiroyuki with a smile. Airin almost tripped on himself when he heard this.
“What!? You had these bracelets before!?” said Airin.
“Indeed. I had mastered that power a long time ago. But seeing as you are now it’s current wielder, It has lead me to believe that it has started once more...” said Hiroyuki, loo king at the waterfall.
“What will start?” said Airin in curiosity.
“An event that will decide the fate of us all. And you have been chosen to do this.”
“As one of my final lessons, I will teach you the most powerful attack with those bracelets. But I plead you, do not use it, unless it is desperately needed. And I will tell you my story in the process.”
“I promise not to use that attack. Now, let’s keep training.” said Airin, as he walked away. Old man Hiroyuki chuckled. He may just be our only hope, the old man thought.

Meanwhile...

The unknown sat on his throne, spikes coming from the back. He was in a great hall of a castle. It stretched out for a long distance, a red carpet rolled before him. He seemed like a person of great importance. He seemed bored, until he stood up. An unknown dressed like him appeared in a black mist.

“Bring me my sword.” said the unknown, his scarlet eyes leering at the servant.
“What are you going to do sire?”
“It’s time to pay him a visit.” said the unknown with a snicker. The servant brought a massive sword, similar to Auburn’s Broken Angel. The unknown picked it up with on hand, spun it above his head with ease, and beheaded the servant, the head rolling on the marble floor.
“You were never a good servant, anyways.” said the unknown, as he walked down the carpet, and stepped out of the great hall.

review ^^

Last edited:

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
like zomg, typo alert lol xD
its chapter 5 ppl, my bad little error there >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back