• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Chasing The Stars

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
~*Chasing the Stars*~

This is an original fantasy story made by me and DanseMacabre ^^
Here ya go!

Chapter 1- Hopeless Revenge

Revenge will be mine.
I can taste it.
Actually, I’m tasting the rain right now.
This is metaphorically speaking.
Yes....metaphorically... I like that word.

A hooded young man walked down a makeshift path in a lush, evergreen forest. Rain hailed from the sky, and fell on the boy. The ground was muddy, and hard to walk in. But for him it was no problem. He walked as if he walked on a concrete road. As he looked forward, his scarlet eyes glinted in the rain.

He wore a white hooded sleeveless jacket that went down to his waist. He had many belts trapped to his chest. The bastard sword on his back was the reason for this. It’s double edged blade was as long as himself, the steel hilt cross shaped with a red, hand woven handle. It was chained and bound with many belts, as if he didn’t want to use it. As if he was afraid to use it. On his right arm, a metal band was wrapped around it. He had hard metal bracelets on each hand, with white leather gloves to accompany it. He wore white denim jeans, with small belts strapped to his thighs and lower leg. His big hefty leather boots sank into the mud. They were quite heavy, but the young man walked pretty normally with them.

He heard movement from the darkness. He stopped moving. He looked up into the black sky. Grey clouds hung over him. He clenched his fists tightly and let out a grin. He spread his legs apart, standing his ground.

“I don’t know why yer stalking me, but it ends now.” said the young man. Silence filled that air. Then from the darkness it came. They surrounded him in a circle. They were small imp-like beings. They had red feral eyes, with small mouths, with jagged teeth. Long claws came from their small hands. Their round heads seemed to be the biggest part of their body, aside from their cone-shaped feet. Their body was black, with a hole in their chest where the heart should be. They all tilted their heads looking at the young man that stood in the center.

“So you buggers were stalking me all along? Shouldn’t you be playing catch the ball or sumthin’?” said the young man. The creatures didn’t respond.
“Fine. If you guys will fight me, I’ll use......THE FIST OF OWNAGE!” he said the young man, laughing heartily. But his laughter soon faded as he realized that they were coming closer. Seems that there was only one thing to do....

The young man flailed his arms in the air and ran frantically along the path. The creatures chased him, the creatures running on all fours. His screams echoed throughout the forest.
“Oh my god! Oh my god! They’re gonna kill me!” said the young man cowardly. The creatures were picking up speed. He heard a voice in his head. He looked up into the sky, listening to the voice. But sadly, he wasn’t looking towards him, as he ran straight into a tree. Disoriented, he shook his head and saw the creatures. He heard the voice again.
“Why didn’t you tell me I could that before? Gosh, you leave out such details.” said the young man, looking like he was talking to himself. He assumed a battle position, his fists clenched. The creatures stepped back, expecting an attack. But, the young man quickly stood normally, and started scratching his bottom. The creatures tilted their heads yet again, baffled by this young man.
“Damn wedgie....okay! I’m ready!” said the young man, assuming the battle stance yet again, smiling widely. He quickly appeared behind them, and snickered.
“Geez, man you guys are slow. Pick up the pace!” he said as he bashed one of creature’s heads in, the creature’s remains fading away. The creatures stepped back, seeing this man’s strength. The young man cracked his knuckles in excitement.
“So...which one of you suckers are next!?” said the young man with an evil grin on his face. His eyes widened to the rush of energy. An ominous aura was felt around this person. The creatures felt it around him. The creatures backed away, and slowly ran away. The young man snickered. He leaped into the crying heavens and landed in front of the creatures direction, blocking their escape.
“Now, now...I tried that already, so you can’t do it either...looks like you get my fist instead of the exit..” he said with malevolence in his eyes. The shrieks of the creatures broke the sound of rain falling from the sky.

A few minutes later, the young man held the last creature left in his hand, the sound of cracking from the creature’s head.
“Feel that? Hurts, doesn’t it!?” said the young man with a grim tone to his voice. His hand kept closing on the creature’s head until the head burst open, black mist swelling from the remains. He smiled.
“Too bad. I was expecting a challenge from you guys. Nothing but dead beats. BA-ZING!” said the young man wildly. As the rain stopped, the heavens opened, revealing a blue sky, the sun shining through the black. He paused and looked up into the sky, and continued walking.
“Something tells me it’s going to be a beautiful day. BOO-YAHKASHA!” said the young man, as he headed to a town nearby. Time passed until he actually came to the entrance. It was noon, and the young man had come to the entrance. There was a sign that had the town’s name on it. It said Cambridge Town. But unfortunately, the young man came to a startling conclusion.

“Oh curses!.....How do you pronounce this name!?” said the young man, looking at the sign. He pondered about this question. Sadly, he stood there, thinking for somewhat a long time. The sun was setting, but he was still there, thinking. Night fell on the town, and he was still there, pondering. Everyone in the town were fast asleep, but not him. Thinking away, trying to figure out how to pronounce the name of this town. It was morning, and he stood at the same place, still thinking. Until...
“Oh! It’s pronounced Cam, as in the camel without the el, then bridge as in a bridge you walk across! Gosh, why didn’t I think of that before? Silly me.” said the young man, hitting his head. Then he heard a scream. He looked from the entrance and saw three big men cornering a girl.

She had long, white-blonde hair with a few small plaits tied by fine pink ribbons, with two joined at the back of her head to look like a little wreath. She has fairly pale skin and average height. She wears a pale pink and white knee-length sleeveless dress (the bottom part sticks out slightly in an A-line) and pink lace-up pumps on her feet. She has large eyes that are a very dark brown color. It looked like she was about to be mugged.
“Alright girl, give us your money or else we’ll have a little fun with you..” said the man in the middle, as they all laughed. The young man quickly appeared behind him and tapped the man on the shoulder.
“What do you want kid? Can’t you see we’re busy?” said the man. Tears slowly came from the girl’s eyes. The young man felt something within, and his eyes widened. The voice within spoke wise words.

That girl...
Protect her, you dumb fool.

Quickly, he gave a roundhouse kick to the man, sending him flying out of town. The other men looked at him with shock.
“Sorry, but did you want to leave to?” said the young man, his scarlet eyes leering at them. The two men remaining quickly nodded and ran away cowardly. He helped her up from the ground slowly. He wiped the tears from her face, the girl surprised.
“A pretty girl like you shouldn’t cry..” said the young man, smiling happily. She smiled back, but she closed her eyes and fainted in his arms. He smiled as he carried her to a nearby Inn.

Night fell, and all of the stars shone brightly in the night’s sky. The girl awoke from her sleep, looking around. She was in a comfy bed, with flower decorations sewed on it. Her staff was beside her. She was in a room, with the young man, who was looking out from the window. He turned to look at her, and saw that she was awake.
“Glad to see you’ve come to.” said the young man. She rubbed her eyes, and saw the young man. His hood was off. His hair was somewhat spiky, and was completely white.
“Heh, main reason why I keep my hood on.” said the young man, snickering.
“Thank you for what you did before. My name’s Argent.” said the girl. She couldn’t stop looking at the white hair.
“May I ask...why is your hair white?” Argent said curiously. He snickered again.
“Well, one day I woke up, and I saw this ghost and he was all ‘OGALABOOGALA!’ and I was all like ‘Oh my god it’s a ghost!’, and it took a chair and whacked me across the face.. I woke up with white hair, and half of my brain and my kidney was taken out.” said the young man with a smile. She seemed petrified by the shock from his story. There was a moment of silence. He started bursting with laughter.
“Haha, just playing around. Can’t believe you actually fell for it.” said the young man, still laughing. She uttered a small giggle.
“The name’s Auburn. Pleasure saving you.” said the young man, grinning. Argent got up from bed and took her staff, and headed for the door. Auburn stood in front of the door.
“I don’t think you can handle being by yourself. How about if I be like your personal bodyguard?” said Auburn. She smiled.
“Sure.” she said. He grinned and nodded.
“Woo-hoo! Auburn reporting for duty!” said Auburn as he leaped out of the window, and a large thud sound was made.
“...I’m okay!” said Auburn. Argent giggled. She went downstairs, and went outside, and saw Auburn on the ground. He slowly got up, disoriented.
“That kinda hurt...I’m gonna do it again!” he said, as he went back upstairs and leaped from the window once again, an even bigger thud sound made from before. He got up, and they walked out of town, starting a journey together.
“So...what are we gonna do now?” said Argent. They came to a canyon, with a river down below.
“Explore the world!” said Auburn, as he leaped off the edge, and free-fell into the canyon. Argent stood there in shock. She quickly ran to the edge, and saw nothing. Could he be dead? She thought. She refused to think that. But a strong hand gripped her shoulder. She looked behind him, and saw Auburn, soaking wet. She seemed amazed.
“Sorry about that, couldn’t help myself.” said Auburn, laughing. Argent kept pointing at him, then the canyon.
“How did you..” she said, baffled by this.
“Oh, it’s simple really. I went into the river, swam out, and came back up here. Heh, pretty simple.” he said, as he walked along the edge. She just couldn’t believe this person. She caught up to him, and they both laughed. Auburn looked behind him, as if he sensed something. But he disregarded it, and they continued walking. But secretly, he kept a close eye, for Auburn believed they were being watched. Silently.

Hehe, oh Auburn ^^
Review plz

Last edited:

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
thanks for teh reviews, i appreciate it ^^
wow, im reading it and i cant believe Auburn can be so....different xD

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
OMG!! I <3<3<3 this!! GREAT!! i love Argent..she seems cute!^^ good job forever lost and dansemacabre!! loooove it!! ps (put pandra in!! wee!!)

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
thanks for teh love pplz! ^^
actually, DM didnt help me out on this one, cause i said ill do the first chappy ^_^;;
it was all me...i was just using her character
gawd, this chappy took long -_-

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
lol well i <3 it GREAT job forever lost (pandra is awesome)

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
whos pandra? o_O
xDDDD
no seriously,
who?:confused:

now, ill see if im doin next chappy, or DM, but shes offline and i think she wont be online till tomorrow...so..
good night pplz!
i must have teh rest, its like 12:30 in the night >.<

Last edited:

Freya

Roger ELizabeth DeBris
Awards
look at your create a character thread..pandra is the last post..created by me

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
LMAO xDDDDDDDDD
goddammit, i need to sleep! sleeeeep! >.<
but lol, ill put her in later on, since she sounds original comapred to the other characters on that thread. too many 'clone' characters there >.<
lol different..just like Auburn! w00tness! ^^

~DanseMacabre~

Website
www.livejournal.com
Heya! Nice start FL, sorry I've been not much help so far. XD My writing sucks even when I do not have writer's block, and this time I do. XD I'll do my darndest to get something worth reading churned out though!

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
here is teh update:Chapter 2! Enjoy! ^^

Chapter 2 - The Unexpected Encounter

Auburn and Argent have had quite a walk from Cambridge City. They saw many beautiful sights to behold, and Auburn to mess around with them. Argent eventually named his outbursts, Auburn’s ‘breakdowns’, and giggled thinking about it. She remembered they had once explored a cave, with stalagmites hanging above them, and looked like a loud sound would surely cause them to rain down on the two, so Argent decided to keep quiet. Somehow, this just didn’t get to Auburn as he yelled out loudly, “Hello! Answer me will you!!”, and Argent sighed and dragged Auburn out of the cave, with stalagmites raining down on them. It was quite a close call indeed, that could’ve caused their demise, but Auburn just shook it off and said “It was fun. I wanna do it again!”. Argent just wasn’t able to keep up with this person. The only thing she hopes for is that she doesn’t meet another person as ‘different’ as Auburn. But was there another person like Auburn? She shrugged to that thought as they continued walking.

They came to a deserted town, with no sign, meaning either the sign was gone or this town had no name. A tumbleweed rolled around to the silence. Suddenly, Auburn looked around, as if he sensed something. He looked behind him, and saw a small cloud. Nothing to odd about that. But then the cloud became bigger and bigger. Nothing odd yet. The cloud was coming straight for him. Yet, he thought it still wasn’t odd. Finally, the cloud collided with him, as the sound of footsteps was heard. The cloud had passed Auburn, as he was laying on the ground, trampled, with many footprints on him.

“Well, that was awkward..” said Auburn, brushing the dirt off his clothes. He looked behind him and saw the cloud for what it really was. It was really just a bunch of girls, varying in age. They all looked and Auburn, and they all smiled. Before he could react, they all ran to him, and the struggle began.
“No, he’s mine!” said one girl.
“No! I saw him first! He’s all mine!!” said another girl, trying to grab hold of him.
“You’re both wrong! This guy’s too cute for both of you! He’s mine!!!” said the third girl. Argent was surprised to see so many girls go after him at once. But she felt that something was wrong with this. She looked into the mob, and saw Auburn as he reached his hand out to Argent.
“Help....meee.....” he said, as he was engulfed by the mob of girls. Then the girls stopped. They heard something from the distance. It sounded like footsteps. They all helped Auburn from the floor, and they all ran away to hide. A man came forward, and looked around.

He wore a white button-up shirt with black, baggy pants. He wore red gloves and a red sash around his waist. He had spiky black hair, tied up, his hair so long it came down to his waist, with sandals for footwear. He had yellow cat-like eyes, and a scar that ran down his cheek.

“Now where did those girls run off to? I need a wife...” said the man, looking around. Auburn looked around, to see that the girls disappeared. Suddenly, another mob came from behind Auburn. It was a group of men this time, and they all looked at the man ahead of them.

“It’s him! It’s the guy that’s been chasing our women around like a herd of sheep! Let’s get him!” said one man. The man cowered in fear, afraid of the serious pain he was about to accumulate. Argent stood in between all of this and sighed.
“Alright men. Don’t worry, me and my friend will set him straight....” said Argent. The men seemed unsure about this. They all whispered amongst themselves, until they came to a conclusion.
“Alright, you straighten him out, but if he goes after our girls again, we’ll do it personally.” said who seemed to be the leader of the mob, and they walked away. The girls came out of their hiding, and all waved and winked goodbye to Auburn. Auburn waved back, and turned to look at the man.

“Looks like you’re not very lucky with the ladies.” said Auburn, smiling. The man leered at him. He sighed and shrugged, and nodded in agreement.
“They’re not afraid...they’re just afraid of commitment.” said the man, taking a deep breath and sighed. Argent came over there and joined in the conversation.
“You’re lucky I even helped you.” said Argent.
“Yes..I’m very lucky...” said the man as he came over to Argent and held her hands, smiling. Argent twitched with anger, and started shaking with fury.
“Will you marry me?” he said, although he would not like the response that came after.
“NO!!!!” she yelled, with a sharp slapping sound following it.

The man rubbed his cheek and smiled. He walked away, with a red hand mark on his face.
“Sorry about that. Old habits die hard...” said the man, laughing. Suddenly, he came over to Auburn to have a little one on one talk, leaving Argent all by herself.
“So...kid...how did you get all of those ladies to swarm all over you? I was pretty impressed.” said the man curiously.
“I have no idea. Hey, look, water!” he said, as he fell face first into the barrel, drinking the water inside.
“I must apologize, he’s sort of different. My name’s Argent, and his is Auburn.” said Argent, shaking his hand.
“Glad to meet people like yourselves. My name’s Ling Kon, but you can call me Ling.” said the man happily. Auburn stood up, and realized that the barrel was stuck on him. He walked around confused, walking into walls and rolling on the floor. Ling and Argent gladly helped Auburn out of the barrel and they all walked to a Inn, to stay for the day.

The afternoon was cheerful. Argent took a nap, while Auburn had their one on one talks, and often laughed. They drank lots of juice and had many good laughs before the sun began to set. It was not long before Ling and Auburn quickly became good friends. They stumbled into their room, disoriented and laughing their way in.
“It’s still funny no matter how many times you say it.” said Auburn, giggling. He sat on a chair near Ling’s bed. Ling fell backwards, the bed catching his fall. His laughs faded into giggles.
“So Auburn...do you like Argent?” said Ling. But when he looked at Auburn, he had fallen asleep, happily dreaming. Ling chortled and closed his eyes, and quickly fell asleep.

Dreams....
Dreams of you...
Dreams of what you will be...
Dreams of what you refuse to be...

No, I don’t wanna see, he thought, his vision black.

Then you shouldn’t have fallen asleep...

Auburn woke up, and found himself floating. He didn’t care about this. He cared about why he was floating.

You’re dreaming you idiot.
Anything can happen.

He shrugged, and looked down from the sky. He rubbed his eyes. No, he wasn’t seeing things. He saw himself, younger. He saw a 10 year old boy, with short white hair, who seemed to be an ordinary boy and lived peacefully. He was running across a field of beautiful flowers, running towards his parents. He jumped towards them, and he laughed with joy. Auburn closed his eyes and covered his ears.

Remember this scenario?
The sound of laughter from the past...
Laughter of joy...

“Those noises! Make it stop! Please...make..it..” he said, his voice slowly weakening, as he slowly fell from the sky, and landed head first into the flower field. But he did not land. He sank into the ground, and continued falling from there, falling into darkness. Wake up, he thought. He closed his eyes tightly, but he was still in this dream. He felt as light as a feather, but he was still falling.

Falling...into what?

Falling...into what was...

He stopped falling. Quickly, he opened his eyes, and saw that he was still floating, but was at a different place. He found himself in a orange sky. The sun was setting. He looked down once more. He saw himself again. Same age as before. He was sitting on the edge of a small harbor, looking into the distance, the sea surrounding him. The water glistened in the sun’s light. It was like looking into a sea filled with diamonds. The younger Auburn looked behind him, and saw a girl come towards him. Auburn wasn’t able to see her, due to the fact that her back was facing him.

“I’m glad you got my message, Auburn.” said the girl, as she sat beside him, the both of them looking out into the distance. She kept getting closer and closer until she rested her head on his shoulder.

Looks like you had someone dear to you in the past.
If only you could see her face....

The younger Auburn was frozen from this action, as she held his hand.
“I...just need someone right now....” said the girl, squeezing his hand. He rested his head on hers and sighed. There was a moment of silence. The young Auburn smiled and held her hand in response, as they watched the sun set together.

She...

But as he was about to finish, but he felt himself falling again. He fell into darkness once more. But when he submerged into the darkness, the darkness begun to swallow him whole. The darkness pulled him in. He tried to resist. He really did, but the darkness was too powerful. It’s tentacles wrapped around Auburn’s legs and arms, and neck. He looked around, frantically. The younger Auburn came near, with the girl behind him, her face still hidden. The kid spoke words, but they never came out. It was when the darkness completely engulfed him is when he finally heard those words.

You’re too weak....
Which is why you’ll never know...

Auburn woke up with a cold sweat. He slowly wiped the sweat from his forehead, as a little more trickled down his cheek. The Broken Angel was were it should be, chained to the chair he was sleeping on. And there was Ling, snoozing on his nice bed. He shook his head, and slowly stood up, and looked around. He took a deep breath and muttered,

To be weak...
Is to die...

He slowly unchained his sword, as the chains landed heavily onto the ground. He took the chains and belts and strapped it onto himself, in case of sealing it back up. One by one, each chain fell from the sword.

If that’s the case...

He lay the sword on his shoulder, and heard a scream come from outside. He looked out the window, and saw the same creatures that were stalking him a few days ago attack a small family. He grinned.

Why am I still here?

He leaped from the window, a loud thud heard from impact. His sword rested on his shoulders, as he looked upon his enemies. The creatures directed their attention to Auburn, and encircled him. He smiled as they completed their circle.

It’s because I choose to live.

The creatures leaped at once, lunging onto Auburn. But as they came near, Auburn did a 360 degree slash with ease, as he cut through the air, through the creatures. The creatures were in mid air frozen. His sword was ringing. He stopped the ringing, and the creatures fell to the ground, sliced into quarters.

It’s because I want to be strong.

He looked at the family, but as he was walking towards them, creatures came from the rooftops. But someone helped him. A sword came from nowhere and, like a boomerang, it sliced the creature that was gonna attack him, and it came back to its’ owner. It was Ling.

I have friends to help me.

“Hey dude, you can’t start a party without me!” he said as he ran to Auburn. They high-five really quickly, and poised their swords. More and more creatures came from the rooftops. Luckily the family escaped, leaving Ling and Auburn to do what they do best. Many creatures had encircled this time.
“Do you think we can take them all?” said Ling, looking around.
“Nah, lets just kill ‘em and get it over with.” said Auburn, as they ran their own direction. They swung their swords heavily around them, clearing themselves a path, mowing through the mob of creatures.

Then maybe...

They ran towards each other, and switched places, and continued their onslaught. They slew and slashed through the creatures one by one. They continued until almost every creature was wiped out. As for the last creatures, they decided to end this with a bang. Ling gave a signal, and Auburn ran towards him. Ling helped him jump high into the air with his hands, and Auburn was high in the night sky.

I might just be strong enough...
To see...

Auburn raised his sword in the air, and crashed onto the ground, releasing a shockwave of energy, eliminating the last of them. They panted heavily, as they stood, the winners. Auburn quickly chained the sword again, and took a deep breath.
“Great workout.” said Ling, exhausted by the fight.
“Guess that means...we can sleep tonight.” said Auburn, snickering.
“Amen to that.” said Ling, as they both laughed, as they walked back into the Inn, to rest until the sun rose once more, to see another day.

I guess that means Auburn has some girl fans ^_^;;
Review plz >.<

Last edited:

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
Thanks for teh reviews, i appreciate it ^^
now ill begin writing chapter 3! ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back