• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Card Deck System in BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
K

khsora18

I was just searching around on Kingdom Hearts Wiki and I was looking at the page for KH: BBS. I was reading and it said how Nomura stated that the card deck system will be used in the game. I was wondering if this is still a valid statement, as we haven't heard anything new about that lately and all the screenshots of the gameplay have not shown any card system what-so-ever. So is this still gonna be included or not?
KH:BBS Wiki

Shadow_

Banned
Awards
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm kind of glad that there not doing the card system, I mean it was fun, but to me it just doesn't have the same touch as the KH, but thats just me.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
It's inspired by the card system, but it's not using the actual system.

*EDIT*

Wow...3000th post.

K

khsora18

The card deck system isn't being used, as shows in the BBS Trailer at the Tokyo Game Show.

Was it clearly stated though? I know that they didn't show any cards being used but they could still sneak it in there at some point in the game, you know? I don't know.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org
It's inspired by the card system, but it's not using the actual system.

*EDIT*

Wow...3000th post.
Congrats.

I believe the interview that Wiki is likely referencing said that the battle system would be something like CoM. From what we know, the only way it is similar is that the BBS system is customizable. Just like you could build a deck in CoM, you can customize your attack 'list' in BBS.

K

khsora18

Congrats.

I believe the interview that Wiki is likely referencing said that the battle system would be something like CoM. From what we know, the only way it is similar is that the BBS system is customizable. Just like you could build a deck in CoM, you can customize your attack 'list' in BBS.

Ohhh ok that makes a lot more sense thanks guys. I don't like that whole "customizable" thing but that's just me. I like the simple stuff lol. Congrats Yttrxium on your 3,000 post! But do you have to customize your attacks? Or can you just use the default stuff. Because with CoM, you basically had to customize it or else you would suck.

Trimms

I remember that, but it was a very old interview and the system has clearly changed now, although I'm really just recycling the words of 6 others who have answered your question.

Iridium

Snobby Von PersnicketyBitch
Awards
Congrats.

Thanks, just have to wait for the site to reset so I can officially be Platinum :3

And like you said, it's customizable which further draws out strategy and possible combos.
That's what pleases me most about the battle system, always something new.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Ohhh ok that makes a lot more sense thanks guys. I don't like that whole "customizable" thing but that's just me. I like the simple stuff lol. Congrats Yttrxium on your 3,000 post! But do you have to customize your attacks? Or can you just use the default stuff. Because with CoM, you basically had to customize it or else you would suck.

Its like a fusion of KH2 and CoM's way of attacking. You can attack but you can put your own flavor to it like CoM.

bittermeat

デザートタイ&#
Website
heartstation.org

Seems like they are trying to make the battle system more of a challenge compared to the past games, so chances are you'll probably have to customize it to your advantage. But if you don't like that, I'm sure there will be guides online. :3

K

khsora18

Hmmmm ok well I guess that is pretty cool and definitely in the majority of the fans best interests. That's cool I guess. I just can't wait for either of the 3 games to come out in America. Re:CoM doesn't count. I know this is 100% off-topic but what if a port of Coded was included in RE:CoM like Re:CoM was included surprisingly in Final Mix+? I know it's not gonna happen... Just something to get me excited i guess.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
Hmmmm ok well I guess that is pretty cool and definitely in the majority of the fans best interests. That's cool I guess. I just can't wait for either of the 3 games to come out in America. Re:CoM doesn't count. I know this is 100% off-topic but what if a port of Coded was included in RE:CoM like Re:CoM was included surprisingly in Final Mix+? I know it's not gonna happen... Just something to get me excited i guess.

Why would they do that. Coded might not even be ported at all.

K

khsora18

Why would they do that. Coded might not even be ported at all.

Yeah good question, I have no clue why they would do it. It was just my ideal situation hahaha. Sorry I know it was off topic but I had to get it out there. :laugh:

duuuf08

I'm sorry to say this, but I'm kind of glad that there not doing the card system, I mean it was fun, but to me it just doesn't have the same touch as the KH, but thats just me.

you are ompletely right my friend. The card system does kinda lose thekh touch. :eek:)

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
you are ompletely right my friend. The card system does kinda lose thekh touch. :eek:)

It makes the game more challenging. And makes the player more stratigic. I wish it was in the original KH, tell the truth.

gamenern

i tried to play CoM once, and hated the gameplay. they should have stayed with the old style.....

but, i did admire the ability to customize your attacks. the seights were ok, but the whole "card break" system confuzzled me to no end......:cursing:

so yeah, if BBS has a deck system like CoM, with card breaks, then i will not even bother with it. but it wont have that if all goes well.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
i tried to play CoM once, and hated the gameplay. they should have stayed with the old style.....

but, i did admire the ability to customize your attacks. the seights were ok, but the whole "card break" system confuzzled me to no end......:cursing:

so yeah, if BBS has a deck system like CoM, with card breaks, then i will not even bother with it. but it wont have that if all goes well.

How were card breaks confusing. 9< 8-below 8<7-below ect. but anything 9+ could be broken by 0.
Its simple really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back