• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BWHoPL?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Muse

you look atrocious
BBS happened.

For some reason, they're called BWHoPL in BBS and that changed to PoH in KH1.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
BWHoPL is a non-cannon term describing people with pure hearts, regardless of being male or female. This term was coined by fans who speculate that Ven is a being with a pure heart, and also to connect the story Kairi's grandmother told her about how everyone used to have pure light within their hearts many years ago. It is not official, so the term or even the whole theory may change after BBS is released.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Other speculation is that Master Xehanort is a BWHoPL, which is why he seeks out the other BWHoPLs. I can't remember which thread/s this was in, but it's come up several times.

A

Audo

As others have said, it's primarily a fan-created term for those with pure hearts in Birth By Sleep.
Due to the fact that those with pure hearts are never once referred to as "Princess" or the "Princess of Heart" in BBS trailers, it led to some fan speculation that BwHoPL =/= PoH, and that most likely, there is a male BwHoPL.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Due to the fact that those with pure hearts are never once referred to as "Princess" or the "Princess of Heart" in BBS trailers

You're not going to hear the term Princess of Heart in a Japanese trailer, silly, they're called only Princesses in Japanese. The "of Heart" was added in translation for probably Disnifying the whole ordeal.

As it stands, with Maleficent saying that Princesses of Heart is how they call the 7 who open the path to Kingdom Hearts and not some true concept of the universe, one can deduce she knew the identities of those seven and that's why she could give them a title. Would indicate how she knew who and where to look, how she knew that Wendy wasn't one, and why she really bothered helping Riku to find Kairi.
The question remains though when she stumbled upon that knowledge, and depending on that answer, at least one BwHoPL's identity might hang in the balance, in light of Alice's supposed age in KH1 (supposed to be 8 seeing how her movie's plot took place in KH1, hence it's her movie age) and BBs took place 10 years prior, leaving Alice to not yet have been born.
A possibility I kind of like is that not all seven have to be in existence at the same time, and that would certainly be an interesting development for BBS, if Alice really wasn't around, but there was no one she ended up replacing; there'd be only 6 PoHs around (unless Kairi really wasn't one to begin with or what not), which would certainly be an interesting twist.

A

Audo

You're not going to hear the term Princess of Heart in a Japanese trailer, silly, they're called only Princesses in Japanese. The "of Heart" was added in translation for probably Disnifying the whole ordeal..
And thus why I said this:
Audo said:
are never once referred to as "Princess"

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
A possibility I kind of like is that not all seven have to be in existence at the same time, and that would certainly be an interesting development for BBS, if Alice really wasn't around, but there was no one she ended up replacing; there'd be only 6 PoHs around (unless Kairi really wasn't one to begin with or what not), which would certainly be an interesting twist.

i like this idea too. like the possibility that the PoH's were a legend that would eventually be fulfilled or something like that. so Malef was just preparing since apparently it took her awhile.

i know this is less likely but i think there might also be the possibility that time isnt equal across the kh universe, but w/e.

i had to ask what that acronym meant too haha.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The thing is, there's a scene in KH1 that's shown if you go through Deep Jungle first instead of through Wonderland. It shows Snow White being brought before Maleficent instead of Alice.
So arguably, they didn't take that long to collect the Princesses - it took place during KH1.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
i know this is less likely but i think there might also be the possibility that time isnt equal across the kh universe, but w/e.

I don't think it's possible. According to Nomura, all the worlds in BBS will have a time shift, so you will meet a Hercules who is ten years younger in BBS. This more than likely means that all worlds share the same timeframe.

in light of Alice's supposed age in KH1 (supposed to be 8 seeing how her movie's plot took place in KH1, hence it's her movie age) and BBs took place 10 years prior, leaving Alice to not yet have been born.

Unless the writers decided to make her the same age as Sora, since they basically looked similar in terms of age.

Poor Maleficent, she had to wait ten years to gain ultimate power! Never thought of her as the patient type :).

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
The thing is, there's a scene in KH1 that's shown if you go through Deep Jungle first instead of through Wonderland. It shows Snow White being brought before Maleficent instead of Alice.
So arguably, they didn't take that long to collect the Princesses - it took place during KH1.

But is that scene cannon? They could always retcon it since not many actually knew about that scene. And it doesn't make sense for Maleficent to be finding the POH and only begins to capture them 10 years later. Unless she was killed by Aqua... and brought back to life.... again.

She waited 16 years for the chance to kill Aurora. She likes to savor it, it seems.

She did sent out all her goons to find Aurora for the next 16 years. The only reason why she could not do so was because they were looking for a baby. Taking a quote from Sora, "What a hag!"

Last edited:

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
But is that scene cannon? They could always retcon it since not many actually knew about that scene. And it doesn't make sense for Maleficent to be finding the POH and only begins to capture them 10 years later. Unless she was killed by Aqua... and brought back to life.... again.

We won't know until later. There's also a scene in Monstro about what happens if you get there only after you beat Hollow Bastion so Riku can't be there. That's kind of a given for not being canon, since it's actively contradictory, but there's no contradiction if Snow White got kidnapped in that scene instead of Alice. We know Snow White was kidnapped as well, and Beast popping up in Hollow Bastion, and Jasmine being kidnapped during KH1 as well are all indications that the PoHs being kidnapped probably did entirely take place during KH1.

True. Taking a quote from Sora, "What a hag!"

She is, she is.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
If the POH were captured 10 years earlier, did Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora age? KH Wiki says that as POH, they are immortal but I find that ridiculous, and that site seems to be an epic fail to most people here anyway. Would Disney actually allow Square to change the ages of the Disney characters?

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
If the POH were captured 10 years earlier, did Snow White, Cinderella and Aurora age? KH Wiki says that as POH, they are immortal but I find that ridiculous, and that site seems to be an epic fail to most people here anyway. Would Disney actually allow Square to change the ages of the Disney characters?

Dont believe KH Wiki. I dont think they will age characters that did not age in their respective movies, but it doesn't really matter anyway, if they were like 19-20 in BBS, their appearance wouldn't changethat much in KH1.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The two have to be, in essence, at least very close to the same thing. If anything, BWHoPL is just broader so it doesn't limit the beings to being solely female.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back