• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bring Back Licks

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

tangerine

Awards
The only opinion I ever gave was that using physical violence on a child is awful. Like I said, there are a number of variables and as such not every child is going to feel the same way and turn into a spiteful person for life. I was just giving an explanation on some of the more likely effects of violence against children specifically. It isn't an opinion. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
The only opinion I ever gave was that using physical violence on a child is awful. Like I said, there are a number of variables and as such not every child is going to feel the same way and turn into a spiteful person for life. I was just giving an explanation on some of the more likely effects of violence against children specifically. It isn't an opinion. Stop putting words in my mouth.

i don't know what you saw in your previous posts, but those were opinions buddy. :/

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
You have to remember that parents who spank (or parents who spank properly, in my opinion) will teach their kids how and when. That teaching can (and does) remove that "violence is okay" idea that could also be a result.

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
The only opinion I ever gave was that using physical violence on a child is awful.

Oh really? Let's see...

Hitting a child at a young age doesn't prevent trouble, it just teaches it that violence and hurting others is okay.

Opinion.

A democratic approach to child care is by far the most effective means to raising a good child.

Regardless of whether this is true or false, it is still an opinion.

The only reason some people use an authoritarian style is because they're lazy, uncaring jackasses.

Opinion.

Like I said, there are a number of variables and as such not every child is going to feel the same way and turn into a spiteful person for life.

Your arguments are going all over the place.
First, it was that spanking=child abuse and that it turns children into violent, authority-hating people [1] and that that was an indisputable fact that no one else should have an opinion on. [2]
Now, it's "oh, but there are a number of variables and what not" that explains why the majority of the world is a special case and that the small percentage that actually grew violent act as the overwhelming majority that proves spanking is a bad, evil thing.
Either stick with something or just admit that you were wrong.

I was just giving an explanation on some of the more likely effects of violence against children specifically.

Spanking=/=violence.
If a child was brutally beaten as a kid, then yes, I could see them possibly being violent. But being spanked? Come on.

Stop putting words in my mouth.

Only your words are coming from your mouth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back