• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BlackLivesMatter. Lets Hear Your POV

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
The more you deal with police, the more you get into shit with them. That's the way it is. Black people do commit more crime even though making up a smaller percentage of the population. I also mentioned nothing about Sandra Bland.

exactly, you didnt. you bring up people who may have been involved with some crime, disregarding the fact that the response was beyond disproportionate, but you failed to mention the innocent people who were murdered for no reason.

Philando Castile was shot dead reaching for his license. he did everything right, he informed the officer he had a legal firearm and when the cop told him to grab his license, he was shot dead. imagine being murdered over a taillight

KHRULER

Awards
exactly, you didnt. you bring up people who may have been involved with some crime, disregarding the fact that the response was beyond disproportionate, but you failed to mention the innocent people who were murdered for no reason.

Philando Castile was shot dead reaching for his license. he did everything right, he informed the officer he had a legal firearm and when the cop told him to grab his license, he was shot dead. imagine being murdered over a taillight

I believe police brutality is a problem but not to the extent of what most people think. People seem to think killing an unarmed person is inherently discriminatory. Alton Sterling didn't look like he was in any position fire a weapon and although we didn't see the shooting of Philando happen, I don't think he would have risked the child in the back seat just to kill a cop. I never said all black commit crime, which would have been stupid.

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I believe police brutality is a problem but not to the extent of what most people think. People seem to think killing an unarmed person is inherently discriminatory.
No, but shooting to kill an unarmed person should be suspicious to anyone rational. When they are black, it does seem likely it's because of conscious or unconscious racism. If a cop is really afraid of an unarmed person who is not attacking them, why wouldn't they think to shoot them in the leg or foot first, not in the chest/head to make sure they die.

KHRULER

Awards
No, but shooting to kill an unarmed person should be suspicious to anyone rational. When they are black, it does seem likely it's because of conscious or unconscious racism. If a cop is really afraid of an unarmed person who is not attacking them, why wouldn't they think to shoot them in the leg or foot first, not in the chest/head to make sure they die.

I don't know why they wouldn't shoot anywhere else. I can't say because I don't know what it's like to be a cop. Maybe fearing for their lives and adrenaline but I wouldn't know since I am not a cop and never been put in such situations.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
I believe police brutality is a problem but not to the extent of what most people think. People seem to think killing an unarmed person is inherently discriminatory. Alton Sterling didn't look like he was in any position fire a weapon and although we didn't see the shooting of Philando happen, I don't think he would have risked the child in the back seat just to kill a cop. I never said all black commit crime, which would have been stupid.

yes, we did see the shooting. his wife recorded it. that was a dumb thing to say "i don't think he would have risked the life of his kid to kill a cop", do you hear yourself? you say it like he wanted to kill the cop. he did what he was told, he complied, and was murdered in front of his family. that's fucked up, justifying it is beyond demented

Divine Past

Bronze Member
Awards
I don't know why they wouldn't shoot anywhere else. I can't say because I don't know what it's like to be a cop. Maybe fearing for their lives and adrenaline but I wouldn't know since I am not a cop and never been put in such situations.

I would hope the cops handle pressure better than normal civilians or else they wouldn't be in the position...............

But it hasn't even been 60 years since the Rosa Parks famous moment. This country is racist and it's best for people to find a way to mend that while pointing out especially to white people the difficulties of being black.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
Also neverminding the fact that the movement was inspired by a convicted cop killer, Assata Shakur.
The movement was formed the day after the Zimmerman's acquittal actually. But the Never-minding that the gun used to kill Trayvon Martin was just sold recently for [more than] 120K roughly.

Pretty sure Eric Garner getting choked to death by an officer, when multiple officers were present to detain him, was easily the strongest example of over-aggressive behavior issued by our police. Quite honestly NYPD has been notorious for this, especially against "Occupy Wallstreet" Protestors.

What about when Tamir Rice was killed? I wonder if he committed any crimes or had prior dealings with police, you've said a lot regarding statistics and made a point about adrenaline, but more important than that is training and being fit to assess the situation to reduce casualties as much as possible.

I have two siblings right now that are criminal justice majors and even they are mortified by the decision-making recently in a number of the shootings. Quite honestly Castile is a model of example of a strong sense of urgency and reform in ethics, sensitivity, and psychological and emotional stability every officer should be endowed with when trained. You accept the job knowing there is a chance you will be in many dangerous situations you may not walk away from, to observe them tactfully and respond by reducing as many casualties as possible. It's protect and serve friend, there is a reason "protect" is the first word and serve is the second, it's referring to the people.

Dylan Roof could've easily have been shot after opening fire. James Holmes could've just as easily have been shot, yet neither of them were, despite being deemed dangerous at the time of two very different shootings.

No one should condone violent acts by the black community anywhere, but to not expect even a modicum of retaliation after several instances where a little more professionalism could've saved lives, is outrageous.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
Darien, its funny you mention tamir rice. the walmart my family used to go to just had an incident. a 13 y/o white kid walked it with a BB gun and threatened to kill everybody. a police officer happened to be nearby and confronted him; she talked him down and took him into custody.

they noted how they believed it to be a real gun. honestly? you have a potential active shooter in a crowded store and you talk him down but a little kid by himself in a park is murdered?

believe it or not, there is a racial divide. segregation never ended, the KKK just hung their hoods up and are forced to grin and bare it. just kidding. we have an active hate group responsible for acts of terrorism all the time; it just isn't in the papers

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
While I am not part of BLM, I think their positions are justified. Their platform insists on new laws and training to prevent police brutality, whether you're white, black, latino, or any person unjustifiable harmed by the police who are meant to protect and serve. While BLM started because of the injustices against black people, it still applies to everyone. No, not 'all lives matter' in our current system which is the problem in the first place.

I trust in this movement because when they are being ridiculed by people who spout "ALL LIVES MATTER", the 'all lives matter' crowd disappears when a white person is killed or shot by the police and only BLM continues fighting for them and gets outraged.

I firmly believe that police officers need better training and LONGER training, for their safety and the safety of those around them. I think they should have special training to deal with people who have mental illnesses because they are killed almost as much as black people are. I think police officers should live in and be from the communities that they are policing, community policing has been proven very effective in tightening the bond between police officers and citizens. And, even more importantly, I think we need better gun laws in this country so that cops aren't afraid they're going to be shot as soon as someone is reaching for their wallet (or, to take away the excuse "THEY HAD A GUN, I HAD TO SHOOT")

If BLM is the only way to get these kinds of policies through, then so be it. I'll be happier knowing my dumb little brother isn't going to be shot like an animal because he moved a little too fast or put his hand in his pocket out of a nervous habit. To be honest, I've already prepared myself for the day that one of my family members will be killed by a cop. Will it be my dad who gets road rage sometimes and speeds too much on the high way? Will it be my brother who has a hard time understanding that the color of his skin makes him a big target? Will it be me??? Less likely since I'm a woman-lady, but hey. Maybe I'll have an emotional breakdown and I'll be choked to death because I can't calm down. Meh.

I hope other movements like BLM (even if they are not focused on black people) pop up and become allies in the cause of making our police officers better to protect and serve. The police officers who are against becoming better police officers (or refuse to even offer some signs that they want the trust of their community and don't call out their bad apples) honestly scare me. We need the officers to be better. Not dead. Not fired (unless they murdered someone) just better. The crazies out there killing cops are only making things worse (especially since there are some news organizations who will immediately say they are part of BLM even with written or video proof that they state they are not part of any movement or affiliated with anything)

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards
If BLM is the only way to get these kinds of policies through, then so be it. I'll be happier knowing my dumb little brother isn't going to be shot like an animal because he moved a little too fast or put his hand in his pocket out of a nervous habit. To be honest, I've already prepared myself for the day that one of my family members will be killed by a cop. Will it be my dad who gets road rage sometimes and speeds too much on the high way? Will it be my brother who has a hard time understanding that the color of his skin makes him a big target? Will it be me??? Less likely since I'm a woman-lady, but hey. Maybe I'll have an emotional breakdown and I'll be choked to death because I can't calm down. Meh.

this part is really, idk, not hard to read, but hard to swallow. this is the fucking problem right here. people shouldn't have to prepare to be victimized because of their skin color.

i really don't know what else to say that hasn't been said. the fact that you're a potential victim because of your skin, i mean, i've heard about it. read about it. but reading puts this into perspective.

if nobody can see a problem with this then they are downright evil. jesus christ.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
DISCLAIMER: Nothing from where my quotations begin to where they end, rely on any complex of facts, this is purely speculation, conjecture, and opinion.

"I was becoming convinced that being a minority in this country, male or female, was similar to being a white woman in this country. Let me make a basic correlation exercise as an example.

Example 1:
-Being a woman in this country, there are disparities between pay along side treatment in general. Women face being hyper sexualized, what this means is effectively how it sounds. They are over-sexualized, much is predetermined about them from how the dress, walk, talk, appearances, looking at (or away) you, etc. In certain situations young girls were sent home from an establishment of learning because of a choice to dress "what they felt" to be comfortably, created unrest with the men/young boys in the classroom. So she is sent home simply because of what she chose to wear, essentially implying what she was wearing was more important than receiving the same right to an education as the other students.

Example 2:
-Being a Black Male/Female in this country. There are a number of stereotypes that i'm sure we are all familiar with by now as of 2016, most of them closely associated to blacks in this country, most of them being verified by the same minority. Most black families (while not all) are usually incomplete households, a great number missing a parent. Either due to a deadbeat parent, a dead parent, or an incarcerated one. Most children tend to experience depending on what schools they attend, a disparity in treatment. It could be a result of someone that does not conform to the stereotype dealing with another individuals prejudice for having (multiple) interactions with individuals that reinforce the stereotypes made, leading to a stigma where "everyone is lumped together and seen as the same". The point being while experience varies from person to person, to a degree being intolerant of individuals because a group can ruin the perception across the board for those that are lucky enough not to fall into the same category.

Correlation: Women face a problem of what they are expected to be, creating a bias/preference on what they should be. This in turn makes their experience here in america relatively unjust and difficult. Black Men and Women face a similar problem on what they are expected to be, creating a prejudice on what they are anticipated to be due to a group casting this perception on the entire race. This is even WORSE for black women, generally speaking you have the disadvantages of a woman as well as being a minority.

Conclusion.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but is that not...the same damn thing as ISIS extremists projecting a negative stereotype on muslims, for 6 billion people to be judged by less than 3% of their entire population. These conversations had about multiple groups of people are all credible, and none of them are meant to discourage or devalue each other, they seek equity to reach a fair chance/shot at being recognized as what we are before race, human beings. Christ."

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
I understand and agree with their concerns, however, like most groups who challenge the "establishment" they are subject to support from the very "establishment" that aims to control them for nefarious purposes; hence the manufactured incidences that gave rise to rebel groups to begin with. It's all in effort to get people to ask the government for change. The government listens by passing some repressive legislation (of course they'll know how to fix it, it is manufactured by those who pull the strings, globalists, heads of corporations, and those who sit and high positions of influential spots in the government; some might say they control the government, others may state its even worse by saying they are the government.

The legislation never fixes everything, so the people press for more and more until total control rests within the government. Or, some "random" but highly unique, set of situations occur, causing riots. The police respond by getting bigger and bigger and perceived threats on their persons become tangible. Notice how immediately after the death of two black men by the cops, a black man goes on a shooting frenzy and takes out a handful of cops. Now cops are more readily getting MRAPs and other forms of up armored vehicles and assault rifles to combat "rouge" attempts at their life. A police state is coming.

BLM need clear and concise motives, and an effectively organized front which isn't backed by the money power of those who will play nice to them through way of deception in effort for a power grab, which becomes even worse in the end.

kirabook

Bronze Member
Awards
Of course, legislation alone won't fix anything. That's why BLM are also focused on shifting to community policing and trying to "out" bad behavior in cops while praising good behavior in attempts to bring the police force and the community closer.

Their website details some of the legislation they wish to get passed and apparently, they have passed some of their legislation in 24 states so far.

There's not going to be a quick fix to the problem we have here in America. This is a decade/century long problem that hasn't changed much over time.

Personally, I want to get to a point in the US where we can be like some European countries where they don't have to kill almost 500 people a year. No one should die for petty crimes or talking back. Police officers should be trained to use their brain and their body before they seek the weapon that will almost always end someone's life. Wouldn't it make sense for officers to be fit and to be heavily trained in hand-to-hand combat or disarming their targets before deciding to just kill them?

Yeah, it's scary to be a police officer. I'm a coward, maybe I would pull out a gun to shoot before I can get hurt to protect myself. But that's the reason why I would never be an officer or in the army or any role where I must be focused and smart during a tense situation. I would crack. I'm not saying our police officers should be super human, but when I listen to the cop who shot Philandro Castile, he sounds like he's having a mental breakdown after shooting a guy dead.

Like I said, the focus of BLM is to make cops better and to protect people, and that should be top priority. I just wish pundits on TV and some people in this country could see that. It would really benefit everyone.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
The demographic of blacks in the US of the highest percentage of absenteeism in terms of family. Broken families. Cowardice, Death, or Incarceration seems to be the 3 main stigmas. Not many can actually relate to this lack of having a parent, but it shouldn't be isolated when it's spread out more than enough across multiple families.

Castile is gone now, I express my condolences for his family and for his child to continue on without his father isn't any different than whats been happening for years, this story just happened to break headlines. Challenging the system, if the protest is peaceful, or violent, or motivated by civil unrest, they all run together at some point. Each is an thorough expression of outrage. Each is an expression of injustice of some kind. Each speaks in its own way to the families affected, that shouldn't have had it happen to them in the first place, but no one cares, reality I'm sure.

After a while this conditioned response of "indifference" and state of "dismissive behavior" gets old, it gets tired incredibly fast. I can honestly say to be demonized easily happens a lot, in this country in particular. It just seems like we move from group to group and quite frankly it doesn't get anymore tired and trying than that. Race-baiting becomes mainstream, more people by the millions assert a biased perspective and further devolve the focus/topic even further, some even completely missing the point of this motion to bring awareness to real issues.

I guess more than anything I wanted to state that things will just continue along at the speed their going now, more families will suffer from the 100% mortality rate of their spouses, boyfriends, and/or partners in the wake of a reform thats being avoided.

Thanks KHI, it's always been nice to see what the community feels, especially with race related issues and from many of the posts i've read. You didn't let me down, so I say this again.

Thanks KHI
-Darien

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back