• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep Theme Song

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nettacki

Puffy Amiyumi. j/k

Seriously though, as good as Utada Hikaru is, I think it best for her to stick with the themes for the main KH series (I, II and III). Since Birth By Sleep is supposed to be a different game with a different tone, setting, and what have you, it's probably better to find a different artist to go with the differences as well and not stick with ol' reliable. Who that artist could be I do not know, because I'm not completely exposed to the J-pop scene as much as some of the people here.

Better yet, how about have it entirely orchestral?

Nettacki

To me it makes sense. All the main themes are vocalised exclusively by Utada, while all the themes from spin-offs such as this are orchestrated. I mean, did Chain of Memories have a main vocal theme?

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
^ small imagination? ;'D

Ok, I think, utada should stick with KH, but since BBS is a whole new game with a different tone and feeling, it should get a whole new singer as well.
I think that too, Utada's a good singer, and who didn't like Sanctuary? But a new song at that for BBS

Eagl

Chain of memories wasnt excactly a spin-off. And this is a new serie. A whole new serie that not have a singing theme song. No I dont agree with you. But take a new singer.

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
How about some of the Sanctuary or simple and clean remixes. I would be happy if they just used some of those. I know of at least about 14 or 15 different remixes.

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
naah I wouldn't love that I think some rock in the music would be great cause then it would be more serious(yay my 200ths post!!! :D )

You're right, Utada's song's are good but they wouldn't fit the atomosphere and tone of the games. The Gregorian chants seem to fit because they sound foreboding and serious, but they are boring after a while.

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign
BBS isn't a new series. They can't really go anywhere else with it, since it's the prelude to Kingdom Hearts. Idk y everyone's saying that =/. I still think Utada would be the best for it.

Charlie K

Back in Business
I don't actually care right now, but I'd stick with the same person, maybe a little more...Rockish?

Sora788

Website
jijun.livejournal.com
I think that Ayumi is awesome, as well as Utada. Im sure that they both have very good voices to do the theme song, except, I think that Utada would be better for the kh series. B/c (in my opinion) i think that she has an edgy "Kingdom Hearts" voice/tone. I think that her voice would be better. Ayumi is a great singer, no doubt, but i think that it would have a different, non-kh feeling, if she sang the theme song.

Just my thoughts...

V

V.A.T.13

BBS isn't a new series. They can't really go anywhere else with it, since it's the prelude to Kingdom Hearts. Idk y everyone's saying that =/. I still think Utada would be the best for it.
Because Nomura said himself long ago that it was a new series. o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back