• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Birth By Sleep isn't real? [theory]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Willis

At my computer. How would I be on this forum if I
Nomura: There are three Heroes: Terra, Ven, and another character in Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. We have already prepared a story for each of them. Therefore, in a way you can say three games were made at the same time. (Laughs) It’s difficult to zap through the explanation right now, as we are still creating all of the scenarios. However, the beginning will be a bit hard to understand, but by completing all three scenarios, the player will understand the entire story.

I got that part from an interview with Nomura.

Maybe the the other chacter you play as is Roxas.

It's possible that he found that Roxas found the "Room of Awakening" or "Room of Sleep", and started up the simulation.

SzC

Website
www.kingdom-hearts.pl
I don't really like this idea, but the theory seems quite possible.

Check this out:
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep (PSP) Trailer Summary:

-The beginning scene is from the ending of Kingdom Hearts to its opening.
-"Sleep gives birth to the concealed fate in the far past."
-A boy with the same face as Roxas, but different clothes, is talking to the person known as Terra who has dark hair. The boy who looks like Roxas is called "Ven" by Terra.
-"Are you the one who, at one time, saved me?"
-"Ah, promise." (FF&KH user notes that this conversation is very vague.)
-Terra is shown facing the elderly man who appeared in the Secret Movie of KHII:FM+ in the wilderness. (Although the voice and appearance of this man is quite different from Xehanort in Kingdom Hearts, the elderly man is also called "Xehanort".)
-Terra calls out the keyblade in his right hand, similar to the man in armor that appeared in KHII:FM+. [KH2: FM+ Secret Boss?] Same person?
-Though Terra is hostile towards the elderly person, (Xehanort) he spoke in the defense of Roxas. (FF&KH blog user does not recall the exact words though.)
-Xehanort meets Ven (Roxas?) in the Olympus Coliseum. (Additionally, the forest from Sleeping Beauty's world is confirmed!)
-(It is considerably vague of what the elderly man's final words say.)
Ven: "Who? I don't know you."
Elderly man: "Only soon, will you know, and you are asleep."
Elderly man: "The one that was lost was to lose, and the one to be obtained was obtained."
Elderly man: "You must grab and take it now." The elderly man waves his hands as if to summon magic.
Ven (Roxas?) watches with an expression that becomes confused and fearful.
-Afterwards, the world of the wilderness appears again.
-The person wearing a black helmet and black clothes (person who appeared in KHII:FM+'s Secret Movie) encounters Ven.
-The person of mystery fights off Ven.
-The King summons and uses the keyblade to momentarily protect a fallen Ven. It appears the King is wearing new clothing.
-The scene has changed completely to the wilderness, and this time, the elderly man starts to appeal for something.
Elderly man: "Please, I ask of you to correct my mistake!" (FF&KH user can't remember what else the elderly man says.)
-Terra is watching the coast. (Coast of Destiny Islands?)
-There are two boys who are playing using wooden swords and Terra watches from a grove. (Sora, and perhaps, Riku?)
-Ven is watching from a similar coast. This place isn't Destiny Islands. It is Twilight Town.
"Because he's my friend, please erase me."

This sentence always seemed weird to me...

V

V.A.T.13

^ glad I'm not the only one that remembers that sentence.

Ven wants to dissapear for some reason...and maybe he does....in a way...

Ultima Fenrir

Bronze Member
I got that part from an interview with Nomura.

Maybe the the other chacter you play as is Roxas.

It's possible that he found that Roxas found the "Room of Awakening" or "Room of Sleep", and started up the simulation.

Roxas isn't going to be anywhere in BBS. Playing as Terra and Ven then jumping forward 10 years to connect all the storylines would make no sense. The 4th playable is going to be someone actually alive when BBS transpired.

Apollo

Silver Member
Your idea makes sense real well! *claps* In a way I agree! I think it could be true but the 3 story things kind of beats it!

Stars

リク
So I was thinking about BBS.

I always had found it very strange that the way Terra summons his Keyblade seems entirely different from that of Sora...Sora's is summoned in what appears to be a natural sense, lights and sparkles flash around and form into the keyblade...but with Terra, it seems like weird blue particles form it...reminiscent of...electricity..or technology/data

Essentially, it reminded me a lot of how it looked when Roxas summoned his Keyblade within Ansem the Wise's data Twilight Town..

So that got me thinking...perhaps both instances differ from what we would consider a "normal" summoning animation, because they're both what it looks like when a Keyblade is summoned in a digital world...? What I'm saying is, what if Birth By Sleep is a simulation? What if the events taking place in the game, is someone reliving the past in a similar fashion to that of the Data Twilight Town?

Now I don't think that Birth By Sleep's events are fake...no, I'm sure the events in the game actually took place...but what we are actually playing in Birth By Sleep is just a simulation of those events.. And, based on my connection drawn with Roxas's Data Twilight Town, we could assume that it's with Ansem the Wise's technology..or something similar.

So, perhaps Birth By Sleep is just a reliving of a someone's past, experiencing the memories locked away inside them through a simulation, which fabricates past events/memories the same way Twilight Town existed as a simulation within Sora's mind. And when you think about it, Ansem the Wise's data world was used in the assistance of returning Sora's memories...

So, if a certain someone we know has no recollection of their past, and has access to the same technology that Ansem the Wise clearly had at his disposal...perhaps Birth By Sleep's story is of that person's past, experienced again through a computer and used to return their memory to them.

This scenario fits rather snuggly with the game's title, and at the same time leaves room to give insight on the enigmatic "Room of Sleep" and "Room of Awakening", which we learned of in Final Mix+ but know nothing of.

In order to gain his memories back Sora had to be asleep, and the process of getting his memories back had him seeing his past in the form of a data simulation. Your memories return to you through a process involving sleep, hence "Birth by Sleep", so the game's title would imply precisely what Sora went through..only I don't think it's talking about Sora, it's talking about someone else.

Perhaps Birth by Sleep is taking place in either the "Room of Sleep" or the "Room of Awakening", or through it's story we'll inadvertently find out what they are, where they are, and what their purpose is.

So, in summation...Birth by Sleep could be a simulation using Ansem the Wise's technology to relive their past and return their lost memories. Any thoughts?

I like ur idea about the keyblade...^-^
Maybe u are talking about Xehanort's memories?

PianoxLullaby

Website
www.pianoxlullaby.deviantart.com
This theory is very very good.
I don't think I've ever read one that's made such sense before.
But, it does have a plot or two.
The only one that I recall after reading all those comments is the fact that there are three story plots.
However, knowing Nomura, it may be possible to skip up ten years just to pull it all together.
I don't really see how Ultima Fenrir believes it isn't logical.
In fact, it seems very wise in my opinion.
But, whatever,
His opinion, not mine.
I applaud this! ^^
It is very good!
I agree very much!

This theory = Very yes.

Zero Sora

Now comes with 50% more bullshit
Awards
^ D: Dammit, thats why I edited it. No one here would get that meme. >>;

That's cause it's not really a meme, it's just some post off bash.org =/

So I was thinking about BBS.

kk

I always had found it very strange that the way Terra summons his Keyblade seems entirely different from that of Sora...Sora's is summoned in what appears to be a natural sense, lights and sparkles flash around and form into the keyblade...but with Terra, it seems like weird blue particles form it...reminiscent of...electricity..or technology/data

I assume you got that idea from the scan on him holding Ven? It's hard to tell if he is summoning his Keyblade or using some sort of attack. Remember, Terra seems to be able to do all sorts of things with his Keyblade, like transforming it into Key-insertnameofweaponhere-

Then again if you are right, and he is summoning his Keyblade, then maybe the fact that his Keyblade can transfrom has something to do with your electricity/technology/data idea.

There is also another scan of Terra seemily summoning his Keyblade, but it's a ball of light in his hand. Maybe he has two ways of summoning his Keyblade? Or perhaps first it's light and then electricity/technology/data as he summons it?

Essentially, it reminded me a lot of how it looked when Roxas summoned his Keyblade within Ansem the Wise's data Twilight Town..

He summoned his Keyblade in two different ways while in the fake TT. The normal way like Sora and sometimes through data.

So that got me thinking...perhaps both instances differ from what we would consider a "normal" summoning animation, because they're both what it looks like when a Keyblade is summoned in a digital world...? What I'm saying is, what if Birth By Sleep is a simulation? What if the events taking place in the game, is someone reliving the past in a similar fashion to that of the Data Twilight Town?

Like I said before, Roxas summoned his Keyblade in two different ways while in the fake TT. Proof? Watch the struggle match cutscenes with Vivi. The fact that Terra summoned his Keyblade with an electricity looking effect (if he is summoning it) could just mean his Keyblade is different. I mean Terra does have the ability to transform his Keyblade and we don't know if all Keyblades can do that, or only his. Maybe his Keyblade is made out of technology.

Although, the fact of the matter is, proving or disproving how Terra summons his Keyblade really has nothing to do with your actually theory of Birth by Sleep being a simulation, because I proved that Roxas summoned his Keyblade the normal way while in the fake TT.

It's really hard to prove or disprove what you're saying Muffins, because no one really has solid evidence to back themselves up because of how little we know about BBS. The only thing I can say if we play the game through three different characters, how can one person be all these three characters?

Now I don't think that Birth By Sleep's events are fake...no, I'm sure the events in the game actually took place...but what we are actually playing in Birth By Sleep is just a simulation of those events.. And, based on my connection drawn with Roxas's Data Twilight Town, we could assume that it's with Ansem the Wise's technology..or something similar.

Yes, I'm sure they took place even if you theory is correct. Perhaps it is Ansem the Wise's technology, perhaps those other pods that said stuff like "This one was used before" have some connection to your theory.

So, perhaps Birth By Sleep is just a reliving of a someone's past, experiencing the memories locked away inside them through a simulation, which fabricates past events/memories the same way Twilight Town existed as a simulation within Sora's mind. And when you think about it, Ansem the Wise's data world was used in the assistance of returning Sora's memories...

Perhaps you are correct, but again, what about the fact that we can play the game as three different characters? Nomura did mention that these three characters weren't always together during the course of BBS. So how could someone see his memories as three different people? In three different places that happen at the same time? In my opinion, you can't. We are told the stories for each character would intertwine with each other. That still doesn't give enough evidence to prove your theory.

So, if a certain someone we know has no recollection of their past, and has access to the same technology that Ansem the Wise clearly had at his disposal...perhaps Birth By Sleep's story is of that person's past, experienced again through a computer and used to return their memory to them.

Or, we could just play the game and learn about this persons past and how he lost his memories. As far as I can remember Xehanort's Heartless and Xemnas didn't seem to care about their lost memories, they seemed more obsessed with gaining power. But that doesn't mean Xehanort didn't want it obtain his lost memories. Perhaps he did, and tried, and failed. As I recall, in the Ansem reports from KH1, he did try and regain his memories which turned into a failure and unleashed his darker ambitions so it seems.

This scenario fits rather snuggly with the game's title, and at the same time leaves room to give insight on the enigmatic "Room of Sleep" and "Room of Awakening", which we learned of in Final Mix+ but know nothing of.

What we do know is, Xemnas apprantly built the "Room of Sleep" which his "Friend" is, and he is looking for the "Room of Awakening" which was not built by him, but apprantly the other "Friend" is there.

Proof Xemnas built the "Room of Sleep"

Xigbar: The "Room of Sleep". The underground laboratory where we were studying the darkness within people hearts... The place Ansem ordered us to seal away. The first thing Xemnas did when he got rid of our wise yet bothersome leader, was to release the seal and make that room in the depths of the laboratory.

In order to gain his memories back Sora had to be asleep, and the process of getting his memories back had him seeing his past in the form of a data simulation. Your memories return to you through a process involving sleep, hence "Birth by Sleep", so the game's title would imply precisely what Sora went through..only I don't think it's talking about Sora, it's talking about someone else.

I agree with the fact that Birth by Sleep is not talking about Sora since the game "supposedly" takes place ten years before KH1, and Sora didn't even have the Keyblade then. But Birth by Sleep could refer to many things, and I doubt Nomura would give away the meaning to the title to this game so esily, that is so un-Nomura like. Birth by sleep could have something to do with Ven and why he and Roxas look alike. Perhaps it has something to do with the end of the game, why the "Friends" are in the rooms of Sleep and Awakening. Or maybe it's about the Keyblades being "made".

We know so little about anything that happened before KH1. Therefore it is hard to prove anything and have the evidence to back it up.

Perhaps Birth by Sleep is taking place in either the "Room of Sleep" or the "Room of Awakening", or through it's story we'll inadvertently find out what they are, where they are, and what their purpose is.

The more I think and talk about this theory. The less I believe it. Although, you might be correct about BBS having something to do with these mysterious rooms. But that is the only thing you might be correct about.

So, in summation...Birth by Sleep could be a simulation using Ansem the Wise's technology to relive their past and return their lost memories. Any thoughts?

My only thoughts right now, are how much I've realised how little we know about BBS. Which leads to the fact that we can't prove or disprove theories like this with the little evidence of what we really do know.

But in my opinion, I do not believe in most of what you are saying about BBS being a simulation. It is a well thought out theory, but there is just not enough evidence to back it up.

Damn... what a monster post D= You'll pay for making me work so hard to type and think Muffins.

Last edited:

Igshar

?The Jack of all Trades?
Awards
Yay! Thread Necromancy!!

What we do know is, Xemnas apprantly built the "Room of Sleep" which his "Friend" is, and he is looking for the "Room of Awakening" which was not built by him, but apprantly the other "Friend" is there.

Proof Xemnas built the "Room of Sleep"

Xigbar: The "Room of Sleep". The underground laboratory where we were studying the darkness within people hearts... The place Ansem ordered us to seal away. The first thing Xemnas did when he got rid of our wise yet bothersome leader, was to release the seal and make that room in the depths of the laboratory.

Uhh... that quote doesn't say that Xemnas built the Room of Sleep...

It says that they (Ansem's apprentices) were ordered to seal away the Room of Sleep and that Xemnas merely released the seal on the room. "That room" does not refer to the Room of Sleep... It refers to some other room. Which one, I dunno.

P.S. lolz, people hearts.

omg >.< Inching ever closer to 666 posts

A

Anima Relic

That's a very good theory, I think Twilight Town might have something to do with BBS also, did anyone ever notice the broken door in the twilight mansion, near the entrance to the laboratory? Twilight Town existed back in BBS, so the mansion must have also. Plus, Hayner, Pence, and Olette would be younger in BBS, and Ven might have met them when they were younger. I think there is a connection to that, I just can't think of it yet.

Lancelot

It's the only NEET thing to do.
Awards
Hmm... It does sound like a good theory...but like the person(sorry, didnt pay much attention to names) said before, it would have to be real because of the three way playing of the characters

D

Dexter

Yeah the 3 scenarios of the VAT wouldn't fit in unless 3 people are viewing the simulation....//

A

Anima Relic

What if VAT were captured at some point and their memories were scanned and copied as data?

Genocide

All you need to know.
Awards
Yay! Thread Necromancy!!

It says that they (Ansem's apprentices) were ordered to seal away the Room of Sleep and that Xemnas merely released the seal on the room. "That room" does not refer to the Room of Sleep... It refers to some other room. Which one, I dunno.

P.S. lolz, people hearts.

omg >.< Inching ever closer to 666 posts

Are you slow? You're not supposed to bump threads like this. Although, I believe TheMuffinMan's ego will allow this. <_<

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
Yay! Thread Necromancy!!

Not a good idea...

Well, as long as I'm here...

No, but what Xigbar says afterwards does...
(Refering to the Room of Awakening) "That room, which was not made my Xemnas."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back