• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Bill O'Reilly, the disgrace of American journalism?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
To me he is.

O'Reilly is the perfect example of what you should not do as a journalist. He directs the conversation and cuts off people when they finally have the chance to say their word. Watching his show always leaves you in the hope that the person being questioned can finish his sentence.

Aside from his poor journalism skills, which is insulting for me as a future journalist, there is something more important that explains the topic title.

What O'Reilly does is scare his right wing fancrowd for the so-called evil that is 'threatening this country'. We're talking about for example the anti-white agenda and the gay agenda.

What to watch:
YouTube - Outfoxed: Bill O'Reilly attacks 9/11 victim's son
YouTube - Bill O'Reilly: The White, Christian, male power structure is
YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Goes Nuts Over Teh Gay Dumbledore

So, the question is, is this man indoctrinating people or is he just speaking from the rightwing population. Obviously he speaks for a group of people, but how much can you defend a man that is spreading hate, instead of voicing his opinion.

K

Kegluneq

Well, I don't think he's speading hate necessarily. Seems more like he's getting offended from the 9/11 one.
What saddens me is that they went off and edited what that guy said about 9/11. I don't really agree with O'Reilly. I guess I could try and improve my arguments as well.

Duo_forbidden

Dance with the Dark Side
I hate Bill O'Reilly. He protrays almost everything in a negative light. And like you said New2Ya, he loves cutting people off when they're trying to make a point or trying to answer the question. This is one reason why I hate watching Fox News. I prefer CNN, ABC, or MSNBC.

K

Kegluneq

YouTube - Bill O'Reilly "Discusses" Lesbian Teens
Check this effed up shizzle fo rizzle out.

So, he shuts her up by raising his voice above hers, while shutting her up he then shoves in the facts and then he thanks her.
The more I see of this guy the less I like him.

YouTube - O'Reilly Pwned on drugs
YouTube - Bill gets pwned by Dawkins
Here's some more.
It seems like at one point during the Richard Dawkins interview when O'Reilly's cornered he resorts to a more regressive behavior, but maintains his argument.

I subscribed to you New2Ya.

Last edited:

New2Ya

I'm lost...
And notice how many videos on YouTube surrounding Bill O'Reilly are about scary gay people that threaten America? Hilarious, but I'll take that to the Religious section.

Love how he says "very good debate!" even though he is the WORST debater in history.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
papa bear and intelligent discussion don't exactly mix.

and that's alright. we shouldn't judge a man who is obviously allergic to anything not conservative.

if his opinion isn't dominating the debate, he'll probably get hives.

A

Azrael

Not to be nitpicking, but this is pretty much normal for Fox News, being filled with right wing Limbaugh schong riders.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
omg lol from that last video.

"where the venn diagram of idiotic and scary overlap, and there's Mr. O'Reilly in the middle..."

I love Rachel Maddow. x3

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Aside from his poor journalism skills, which is insulting for me as a future journalist, there is something more important that explains the topic title.

So, the question is, is this man indoctrinating people or is he just speaking from the rightwing population. Obviously he speaks for a group of people, but how much can you defend a man that is spreading hate, instead of voicing his opinion.

i know exactly how you feel. :[

he tries to be right all the time. which is not the point of journalism. yes, you have to side with one side of the story. but it doesnt mean, you have to be a dick about it to gt your point through.

K

Kegluneq

I feel this might attract attention. People like this sort of stuff because it's out of the ordinary. Maybe it's all just for ratings.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
I'm not going to necessarily pick on him because I don't listen to him enough to criticize, and because the little I have heard him speak seems to make perfect sense to me (although he's a little quick to jump to assumptions).

Regardless, he's massively popular, and yet massively disliked. But that kind of controversy just fuels his position and his passion, so there's no point in holding anything against him in my opinion lol.

he tries to be right all the time. which is not the point of journalism. yes, you have to side with one side of the story. but it doesnt mean, you have to be a dick about it to gt your point through.
From what I've seen, I don't think he's necessarily trying to be a news reporter/journalist.
Rather, the news is already announced and known, and he just wants to discuss his opinion on the topic, and invite others to discuss it with him.

He's more of a topical debate panelist. Lol. I think.

Aucune Raison

DARLING SO THERE YOU ARE
WE'LL DO IT LIVE

i stay away from fox news. even its local news is bad, essentially weather and crime.

New2Ya

I'm lost...
I'm not going to necessarily pick on him because I don't listen to him enough to criticize, and because the little I have heard him speak seems to make perfect sense to me (although he's a little quick to jump to assumptions).

Regardless, he's massively popular, and yet massively disliked. But that kind of controversy just fuels his position and his passion, so there's no point in holding anything against him in my opinion lol.
There is when he's spreading hate and dislike towards groups of people that don't deserve it.

From what I've seen, I don't think he's necessarily trying to be a news reporter/journalist.
Rather, the news is already announced and known, and he just wants to discuss his opinion on the topic, and invite others to discuss it with him.

He's more of a topical debate panelist. Lol. I think.
That's sort of true, but that still means he's a poor debater.

If you want to have a discussion, you don't shout through someone and deny them their word, actually feel attacked when someone is making an actual point against your argument and take no effort into trying to understand the other point of view.

He's far from a professional and FOX really doesn't feel like a professional channel if it keeps using him as their telivision cannon.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
He's an angry stubborn man who doesn't allow others to make points that hurt him. But I have seen the same from Democrats without any fallout at all.

Firo

Oh Crap
yoda.jpg

The force is strong in this one.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
That's sort of true, but that still means he's a poor debater.

If you want to have a discussion, you don't shout through someone and deny them their word, actually feel attacked when someone is making an actual point against your argument and take no effort into trying to understand the other point of view.

He's far from a professional and FOX really doesn't feel like a professional channel if it keeps using him as their telivision cannon.
I can kind of agree.
It was on Fox News today that I think he (if not, Hannedy, or someone else) mocked liberals by taking the speech of what a liberal said and putting it through a "Liberal translator" to paraphrase, insultingly, what the person said according to Hannedy/O'Reilly.

I'm not a fan of that kind of immature teasing.

My stepdad absolutely LOVES Fox News/O'Reilly/his car radio station is Sean Hannedy Show.

And it really annoys me, and it wasn't because he liked the person, but because he looked at Fox News religiously, like it was his favorite TV show or something. And that's retarded.

But now that I've been watching O'Reilly and stuff myself, I don't necessarily have anything against his point of view or his position.
It's the way he's teasing other people like everyone but he is an idiot.

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
As I said before every Republican willing to speak up for what they believe in is also an obnoxious ass. It's a shame really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back