• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best way to introduce Star Wars into KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorpio

I like this idea! Though if you ask me, the best way to "introduce" SW to KH is through easter eggs..

Did someone say secret boss fight?

[video=youtube;H55sW0WMPjk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H55sW0WMPjk[/video]

Though personally, I'd be more partial to the idea of Square working alongside Disney and LucasArts to make their own Star Wars-branded Action/RPG.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
^ Not bad! But if they ever bring in Vader or Star Wars in any form, James Earl Jones > Matt Sloan or anyone else, naturally. And that's not a bad idea, a Star Wars RPG!

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
I really, really, really want Star Wars to stay the hell out of this series.

As if this franchise doesn't already have enough movies, TV shows, novels, and of course games to call its own, now it has to invade Kingdom Hearts as well?
I'm sick of it all and I want it to go away. If I never hear "The Imperial March" again, it'll be too soon.

Putting my own biases aside, I don't think it can be done. The SW universe is too big, too involved, to be encapsulated into a single world within KH's universe boundaries and rules. It's a story that crosses multiple planets (something already sticky when we have the world order) and spends a lot of time in open space. How do you it? Limit it to a single planet? But all the characters hail from different parts of the galaxy, do you just not mention that? Are all the planets mashed into one world?

Whatever compromises you make, I'm almost 100% sure that Star Wars fans wouldn't be pleased with the results.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
I really, really, really want Star Wars to stay the hell out of this series.

As if this franchise doesn't already have enough movies, TV shows, novels, and of course games to call its own, now it has to invade Kingdom Hearts as well?
I'm sick of it all and I want it to go away. If I never hear "The Imperial March" again, it'll be too soon.

Putting my own biases aside, I don't think it can be done. The SW universe is too big, too involved, to be encapsulated into a single world within KH's universe boundaries and rules. It's a story that crosses multiple planets (something already sticky when we have the world order) and spends a lot of time in open space. How do you it? Limit it to a single planet? But all the characters hail from different parts of the galaxy, do you just not mention that? Are all the planets mashed into one world?

Whatever compromises you make, I'm almost 100% sure that Star Wars fans wouldn't be pleased with the results.

Congrats, you're part of the 10% who are sick of/don't like Star Wars. Sucks, don't know what to tell you.

And I see where you're coming from, it is a really big universe. Obviously we're not going to have an appearance by Nute Gunray or whatever obscure character. But anything is possible. Maybe the entry into the world is some kind of warp hole like in the first game? The world being a galaxy. I think of it kinda like The Pride Lands in KH2, it was divided into 3 sections - Pride Lands, Elephant Graveyard, and the Jungle; or Port Royal (town, Isla De Muerta, Ship Graveyard). I'm sure we could divide it up somehow. Like for The Force Awakens, divide it into Jakku, Takodana, and Starkiller Base. For A New Hope, do Tatooine and the Death Star; Empire Strikes Back, do Hoth, Cloud City, and Dagobah. For Return of the Jedi, do Tatooine again (Jabba's palace mostly), Endor, and maybe the Death Star II. Taking from Port Royal, you use the Falcon as your main vessel between planets like the Black Pearl between locations.

The fans of anything are never entirely pleased, they're not one single entity. So if you're trying to use the fans' reaction as a reason to not include it, it's a weak argument.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

I'd say it again as I've done before more than once in other threads, they could simply use a single bigger spaceship (Star Destroyer, Mon Calamari Cruiser etc.) and make it a world similar to Monstro in KH I with this ship in question have made a miscalculated Hyperspace Jump (possibly Jar Jar? ;P) and ended up in the KH Universe. Even an Old Republic Venator-class Star Destroyer is already bigger than most KH worlds are so in terms of size it would fit in any case regardless of which ship you actually use (except the Death Star or Darth Vader's Super Star Destroyer Executor, these are already too big). You can then just have the ship in question find its way back to the Star Wars Galaxy during the credits.

Most Star Wars fans probably would not even bat an eye at it/ignore SW in Kingdom Hearts since as far as Star Wars itself is concerned, any "appearance" in KH regardless of form will most certainly be labeled an "Infinities"-story, meaning absolutely non-canon and irrelevant to actual Star Wars-canon.

The Final Fantasy cameos in KH have also no bearings and no actual connections to the actual FF-characters of the FF universe, so anything Star Wars would be pretty much the same.

Nazo

Hope Remains
Awards
I am of the opinion, with both Star Wars and Marvel, that they will only work as easter eggs or small inclusions. For example, with Marvel, a popular example of an easter egg type of inclusion with that would be having one of Goofy's shields be Captain America's shield. But there would be no actual Marvel comics "world" in KH (yes, I know BH6 is Marvel, but that's not comic book superhero type Marvel). Likewise, with Star Wars, I think the best way to go about that is to have Gummi blueprints based on Star Wars ships, or make a way for one of Sora's keyblades to be Star Wars themed. I could also see, if Gummi Missions return, having a Star Wars themed set of Gummi Missions, but it's not actually Star Wars. The Tie-Fighters and such would just be Heartless, with no actual ties to a Star Wars world.

I just don't think fully made SW or Marvel worlds would blend well with Kingdom Hearts. They're best kept to being easter eggs, like the Lady and the Tramp fountain in KH1.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
Alright, here's my bare minimum idea for Star Wars. Darth Vader secret boss. He's hard as hell. Your reward is a red lightsaber Keyblade, it enhances your resistance to darkness based attacks or magic, also boosts magic thanks to the Force.

Koopa Sensei

The best way to introduce Star Wars is not to make it a world, or at least save it for the most appropriate moment and don't make it a filler but rather a subplot that resolves around travelling in space. Like "Gummi ship crashes and then gets saved by the good guys, and the only way to solve the situation is to complete a short Star Wars themed quest".

They could make an unlockable Star Wars themed Keyblade, that would be neat. Or make a short reference, like Goofy secretly being a fan of the series and constantly shouting out the quotes like "Let the power be with you!". That would be hilarious, but I don't think it counts as "introducing".

VoidGear.

red gay
Awards
The best way to introduce Star Wars to anything or anyone is basically the Imperial March, not gonna lie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back