• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best way to introduce Star Wars into KH

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrFranklin95

Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
Probably one of the biggest debates in the KH community is the idea of Star Wars being introduced in KH, particularly Kingdom Hearts 3. We all have many different reasons for why it could or couldn't work, the main one being the series' own lore clashing with Star Wars' very expansive one (well, I guess not too expansive, since EU isn't canon anymore).

But let's take all the out. Let's just pretend that Star Wars being KH is inevitable(we won't be finding that out for a while). With that mindset, what would be the overall best way to do it in your opinion? What Star Wars story would work best? The prequel era or the current one? What character in Star Wars would you think would have the best interactions with the KH characters?

For me, I think introducing the story of Episode 7 is an interesting idea. It's during a time were literally no Jedi are around besides Luke (I don't count the time between episode 3 and 4 since Jedi are apparently still roaming around in hiding), Rey and Sora have some noticeable similarities in their roles (besides being the main character), I think SGD interactions with Finn, Rey, and old Han would be a treat to see, and the story is the simplest one out of all of them to tell besides the original Star Wars itself.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
A Star Wars themed Gummi Mission or item synthesis is enough for me.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Yup, a Gummi Mission would be cool. Assault of the Dreadnaught was pretty nice, would like to see more of that style.

Anagram

Banned
To quote a friend:

BlackOsprey said:
It's part of the same reason why I don't think SW would work in KH... the light-dark duality just works differently there.

In KH, darkness is dangerous, but not intrinsically malevolent. Think of it like... radiation. It can sicken, deform, and kill life by tearing it up at the molecular level, yet it's a completely natural force that just exists without evil intent on its own. The Heartless, barring sentient ones like Sora or Ansem, aren't exactly evil because they're running 100% on instinct. And like radiation, they become a real threat only when unconfined and used by an outside force out of evil intentions.

As a result, it's possible to face down the darkness, even utilize it, without going completely off the deep end. Riku's the well-known example of this, but Ansem the Wise also recorded how he "befriended" the darkness in order to not lose himself in it, staring it down without dread and accepting it for what it was.

By contrast, SW's light-dark duality is not quite as literal as KH's. The Dark Side is not controlling darkness incarnate, nor is it drawing powers from the shadows; it's channeling fear into rage, and rage into power, bending the Force and all that it touches to your will. Rather than being a chaotic neutral force that just exists, the Dark Side is defined by deliberate, harmful intent. The Light Side, likewise, has nothing to do with channeling actual light, but involves connecting with the Force and allowing it to guide you, all the while keeping a clear and focused mind. Moreover, Sith and Jedi are not just traditions of fighting styles... they're ways of life, and each of their respective doctrines put them at complete odds with eachother. Simply channeling the Dark Side will not make you a Sith, and vice versa for the Jedi.

Now, if you're suggesting having a Jedi just utilizing the Dark Side while staying good... well, quite a few Jedi tried to do that. And failed spectacularly. Plus, most of the time, redemption equals death, so you won't see many cases like what happened with Riku.

... I probably just took this way too seriously, didn't I?

That's also not counting how different each handles space or worlds within that space.

BUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTTT Nomura DOES tweak things to fit into KH. For instance all Final Fantasy characters have redesigns and entirely new backgrounds and in some cases (Leon) different personalities.
However again it's because he tweaks that it's a "damned if you do, damned if you dont" situation because if it's added most SW will be pissed it's not exactly as it is in the movies. While others will be pissed it was added at all.

-------------

More on topic. If it was added I think it could be done in a similar fashion to Tron or Poohs book. Each one is a world within a world. So maybe "The Galaxy" is a pocket dimension? Or a realm unto itself like the Dark Realm?

WhinyAcademic

Awards
You know, a TFA story would be cool since like you said, it's short and simple. But that'd mean no Vader or Maul boss fights. I think we all think a lightsaber Keyblade would be amazing, sound effects, glow and all.

Disney Infinity recently had compressed adaptations of the OT and TFA, they're pretty much how I'd imagine they'd be retold in KH. They already have little KH esque edits, like Leia being shown in passing in TFA, or Luke learning Vader is his father at the Battle of Hoth to compress it more. A while back I had a lengthy post detailing an adaptation of ANH. If we get two visits per world like in KH, they could have the first visit be ANH and then the second combine ESB and ROTJ like Infinity kinda did, from what I can tell.

And I think I'd prefer Rey as a party member over Luke. She's amazing.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the best way to introduce Star Wars to Kingdom Hearts would be to use The Force Awakens because of how well it is set up to introduce new Star Wars fans to the franchise and doesn't have too many locations that need to be featured. Rey and Finn are such fun characters and there is so much potential to have wonderful set pieces on the Finalizer and the Star Killer base. Takodana would also make for a great location.

Jakku is important but can easily be skipped over if we want to get right into the action.

God damn it, though. I'd want Sora to be in an X-Wing or in his Gummi Ship mainly because I think Sora and Poe would have the best personality chemistry AND on the Star Killer base because that is where the most important story moments happen.

Y'know what. They should go all out. Have Riku join SDG. Kairi too. Fuck it. Make it fun <3

Of course they could also go with the Rebels storyline since it is much more malleable than TFA.

LightAndOblivion

I'd prefer Star Wars to stay far away from KH. It's bad enough that they made BBS a sappy Star Wars retelling but now adding the franchise characters? Nuh uh. I like both series more or less but I'd prefer they just stay in separate realms.

If they diiiiid add in something from Star Wars, I just hope it's some secret boss fight with Vader. Keyblade vs True Lightsaber would be cool.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards
I think the best way to introduce Star Wars to Kingdom Hearts would be to use The Force Awakens because of how well it is set up to introduce new Star Wars fans to the franchise and doesn't have too many locations that need to be featured. Rey and Finn are such fun characters and there is so much potential to have wonderful set pieces on the Finalizer and the Star Killer base. Takodana would also make for a great location.

Jakku is important but can easily be skipped over if we want to get right into the action.

God damn it, though. I'd want Sora to be in an X-Wing or in his Gummi Ship mainly because I think Sora and Poe would have the best personality chemistry AND on the Star Killer base because that is where the most important story moments happen.

Y'know what. They should go all out. Have Riku join SDG. Kairi too. diddly it. Make it fun <3

Of course they could also go with the Rebels storyline since it is much more malleable than TFA.

Your Force Awakens idea and something similar to how you encountered Monstro.

Sora and the gang on their Gummi Ship trying to navigate to the next world until something happens. They're sucked in within warp with another ship that had entered warp speed (Millennium Falcon); Gummi Route: something similar to Assault of the Dreadnought. Enter world called: A Galaxy far far away and it has specific planets for Sora and company to travel with pertaining Star Wars characters.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Have R2-D2 and C-3PO in Radiant Garden chilling out with the FF characters. Just mention they came from a world "far far away" and that they are waiting for a certain Jedi to come get them

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I've said this before but for me the best and only way to introduce Star Wars without disappointing me is if it's part of space and the Gummi Ship missions.
Imagine a cross over universe with a bunch of small worlds including characters from Star Wars, Lilo & Stitch and Treasure Planet.
It would basically function like R&C ACIT but there would still be a grand council room like in the prequel trilogy and the council lady would be the leader of it, possibly exchanged by palpatine.
As for what episodes or whatever they would base the story of idk, like I mentioned episode 3 would fit with the story and episode 4-6 would not as we don't live in that kind of universe or I think we'd know about it.
Episode 3 would fit with the theme KH IV "Might" have and I hope it has, where leaders try to gather to keep the light safe and obliterate all darkness, eventually we find out that the leaders are actually the evil ones just like Palpatine and the two stories would work really well together.

edit - mix the episodes together so we see Luke in KH V & VI if they reveal themselves by then and we can get a taste of episode IV-VI

KeybladeOrder

Awards
I think the best way to incorporate it into the series is to wait until after Kingdom Hearts 3. KH3 is going to be big and complicated enough without throwing Star Wars into the mix. If they want to add it, they should save it for KH4 or another later game.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think the best way to incorporate it into the series is to wait until after Kingdom Hearts 3. KH3 is going to be big and complicated enough without throwing Star Wars into the mix. If they want to add it, they should save it for KH4 or another later game.

That isn't what the OP is really asking for.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
I think the best way to introduce Star Wars into KH would be to treat it like Final Fantasy. Have characters appear in different worlds and reference their background and/or have their memories affected in some way. What I was thinking could happen (if they were going this route) is Anakin appears in Olympus Coliseum, dazed/confused after crash landing in the world. This would be Anakin from The Clone Wars time. I vaguely remember there was apparently a story of Anakin getting lost or something during The Clone Wars (not in the movie, but around the time of The Clone Wars).

So he could get lost and end up in the Coliseum. Hades can sense his power, but then say that he feels someone already tapping into his darkness and that it's extremely powerful. At the end of it all, Anakin departs and gives us a keychain for a lightsaber-esque keyblade. In the credits of KH3, we see something that suggests that Anakin reached back home safely. Then in KH4 we could encounter one of those huge Empire ships (that would be the world). The ship is stranded because the Rebels tampered with it. Sora and the gang meet Darth Vader and he remembers them. After they beat him, we can see in the credits of that game that Luke defeats Vader and saves him.

Royce & Mueller

There is no way to do it, unfortunately.

The worst parts of the KH games were arguably the live-action parts - now, the original Tron worked because of the way it was framed and weaved straight into the story. Ask yourself: Did Space Paranoids feel like a filler world, or did it actually impact the larger story?

Port Royal and The Grid, on the other hand, were dreadfully handled. Cringeworthy even. For the longest time ever, I've always wanted to see The Black Hole in a KH game. Not anymore.

So, keep the live-action stuff out. That includes Marvel.

Grizzly

Stopza
Awards
I'm conflicted on this. I love Star Wars and would love to see Old Testament implemented, but it has to be done so perfectly in order to not upset fans that I wonder if it's worth even taking the risk. I like implementing Star Wars into the gummi ship side of things, though, as I think it would be a fun way to include the franchise without any heavy ramifications.

BlackOsprey

Hell yeah
Awards
I've said this before but for me the best and only way to introduce Star Wars without disappointing me is if it's part of space and the Gummi Ship missions.
Imagine a cross over universe with a bunch of small worlds including characters from Star Wars, Lilo & Stitch and Treasure Planet.
It would basically function like R&C ACIT but there would still be a grand council room like in the prequel trilogy and the council lady would be the leader of it, possibly exchanged by palpatine.
I like this idea!

Though if you ask me, the best way to "introduce" SW to KH is through easter eggs...
which

Didn+t+xemnas+s+weapons+in+kingdom+hearts+2+look+like+red+_4572730210d62b1086eb3de794b5a455.png

has

eraqusportrait.png

already

250px-Kingdom_Hearts_Birth_by_Sleep_Logo_KHBBS.png

happened. So yeah.

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
There is no way to do it, unfortunately.

The worst parts of the KH games were arguably the live-action parts - now, the original Tron worked because of the way it was framed and weaved straight into the story. Ask yourself: Did Space Paranoids feel like a filler world, or did it actually impact the larger story?

Port Royal and The Grid, on the other hand, were dreadfully handled. Cringeworthy even. For the longest time ever, I've always wanted to see The Black Hole in a KH game. Not anymore.

So, keep the live-action stuff out. That includes Marvel.

You could always use the animated Star Wars shows.

For anyone who cares: I actually don't want Star Wars in KH at all, but I'm all for seeing ways that it could work in the series.

WhinyAcademic

Awards
The Xemnas fight in KHFM definitely gave me a whole lot of Darth Sidious vibes, considering Xemnas fights the same way and is all powerful too - like Sidious was during his duel with the Dathomir brothers in The Clone Wars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back