• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Best College Advice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
Make friends with people who have connections. I can not stress how important it is to connect with lots of people in college. I passed 2 classes thanks to friends who were better at teaching course materials than the professor who just stood there like an idiot. Join clubs that benefit YOU, no one else. STAY AWAY FROM LOANS! No matter how tempting they are, stay away from student loans. If you get one you might as well get married too and have kids, no offense to people that do. Also prioritize and always plan ahead, if an assignment is due next week, start that the day you get the instructions! Procrastination is the death of a good GPA. Don't be afraid to ask questions, go to tutorials, heck become a mentor.
Most importantly, be careful. Watch your health don't put too much on your plate. Have fun.

Noir

Bronze Member
Awards
Try and participate as much as possible in class.

I started college last month, and I can not express just how much I'm growing to dislike some of the other people in my class for the simple fact that they don't participate at all. I sat in one class doing a group assignment and trying to get as much information as possible. One of the girls merely asked us all where she could "get a tan nearby", because she was in dire need of a tan, apparently. She then spent the rest of the class browsing the internet on her phone for tanning salons.

Another girl irritates me for similar reasons - she is more interested in looking at her phone than participating. However, she decided to bail on me for a presentation we had to give to the class a few weeks back. That's enough for me to be pretty annoyed.

Don't let past experiences intimidate you:

College is most likely a clean slate for you. You've put High School and such way behind you, and you can start fresh. Feel free to completely reinvent your personality, if you want. You could even pass yourself off as a Russian Warlord if you desired, but the commitment is pretty rough. That said though, you shouldn't feel obligated for changing who you are, simply because of past experiences. College is a completely different ball-game, and people aren't as likely to pick at your littlest details as they may have in school. I've managed to get along with and get to know pretty much everyone from my class within a span of a month; it took five years of High School before that happened.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back