• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Behind Blue Eyes ..

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Raiinu K.D.

Awards
I agree Riku's eyes are aquamarine o_o! And I'll try and compromise by saying that Kairi's eyes are indigo.

Yes, we all know that Nomura loves them blue-eyed chillrunz. :U Nothing new~

And I do believe there was another thread a while ago pointing out the exact same thing, with the EXACT same title. Funky.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Actually, her eyes in my sig look like a light indigo, a mixture of light purple and light blue. And the picture you posted looks like crystal blue eyes to me. ^^

Riku's eyes change a lot. XD At least, in KH1 they do. I see them a nice blue color at times, then switch over to sea green.

hhhhh.jpg

^ Sea green

http://www.rpgamer.com/games/kh/kinghearts/art/riku.jpg
^ Blue (inserted the link because of how insanely large the image was!)

Edit: More blue-eyed Kairi!
673347-kairi22_super.jpg

Captain Garlock

Did I ever tell you I love red?
You do realize the one that i linked to was concept art right?
And thats clearly purple in my eyes.
But meh Ill settle for indigo since they seem to change.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Yeah, Riku's and Kairi's eye colors bounce around. XD In the concept art, Kairi had purple-ish eyes. But in the games, they're usually blue. Granted, usually different shades of blue (the two pics I posted are good examples of that), but blue for the most part.
Concept art doesn't always make the final cut. :) In the movie Hercules, Megara originally had blue eyes (they had even recorded and advertised a line stating that she had blue eyes). But by time the movie was done, her eyes were purple. They even had to re-record that one line because of that. XD

Grey

I don't think the eye color has too much to deal with the Keyblade but it's a nice thought. Never thought of it like that.
Riku's eyes are green I'm pretty sure.

Nope. They were green in the Sanctuary/Passion opening of KH2, but that was likely because he was under Ansem SOD's control... his eyes are normally a blueish color. It's possible they become blue-green after being possessed.

Kairi's are blue. It's possible her eyes appear purple because of her red hair.

Yeah, I've noticed this. My first conclusion was that, as all babies have blue eyes upon being born before they change color, blue eyes are a symbol of innocence (and light). Therefore, having the Keyblade wielder's eyes colored blue makes a reference to light in their heart, or something.

But then again, Nomura seems to just adore blue eyes anyway. The majority of his characters have blue eyes. That's probably the reason. :/

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
You do realize the one that i linked to was concept art right?
And thats clearly purple in my eyes.
But meh Ill settle for indigo since they seem to change.
I'm afraid you might be color-blind.

8shortfuse

It all depends on what picture you're looking at. If you saw the pictures from 358/2 days when Riku lifted up his blind fold his eye's were definitly blue. They looked blue in the second game too, but they look geenish blue in drawn pictures. (haven't played the first game in a while, I really can't remember what they looked like.) As for Kairi, they were definetly blue in the second game because they were the same color as Namine's, and her's were blue. I have seen drawings where her eyes are purpleish, but like I said they were drawings not the actual games.

I'm not sure about the throery. Maybe he just likes that color.

Athaydea

Bronze Member
Kairi is not a Keyblade wielder.

depends on your definition of a weilder ..kairi in fact weilded a keyblade (used one for an extended period of time) ..she is not chosen by one ..but she has weilded a keyblade ..and her eyes - so far as i have seen ..are more blue than they are purple ..

Kitsune_XIII

Kairi is not a chosen weilder >.>

But other thna that...
1: Nomura has a blue-eye fettish for main characters.

2: Riku's change color with the lighting. Usually they're a crisp blue color, but after he falls under Ansem SoDs control, they begin to change to a pale green, aquamarine, or sea-green color when the aread he's in doesn't have a very strong light source. In the World of Darkness fancy cutscene, his eyes are aquamarine/sea-green.

3: Could be because of the innocence thing, like I saw someone else say.

Muse

you look atrocious
I mostly see Riku's eyes as being a sea-green color. :/ Not so much blue, really.

And that's going off of what I remember from cutscenes and such.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
Maybe the blue eyes reprisent the goodness within. Either that or blue is his favourite colour xD
Nomura has a thing for blue eyes, he normally gives it to his protagonists. The only eye color that has significance is yellow (i guess orange too, but close enough to yellow)
Riku's eyes look cyan to me :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back