• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Beginning of Destiny

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Beginning of Destiny: The Rise of No. XIII

Kingdom Hearts is legally owned by Disney. Final Fantasy is legally owned by Square Enix. All characters, unless stated otherwise, are legally owned by either the Disney Corperation or Square Enix.

Disclaimer: This story contains moderarte language and a good amount of violence.

(This piece is being regularly updated on Fanficton.net under the title "Destiny Begins Again." and on KH-vids under the original title. If this story or a story similar to this is being regularly updated on a site not listed, I would much appreciate you letting me know.)​

----
Beginning of Destiny

A Roxas fan fiction.

A story by Matthew Patrick Morrissey (A.K.A. All-Star Gamer)

Chapter 1: Births and Awakenings

Pain. So many things are associated with pain. Fighting, dying, living, and loving. Pain is a constant in all things, even birth. The pain of igniting the spark of life has been considered the most excruciating pains imaginable, Even if it is under the most conventional of circumstances.

But what of the pain of birth under the most unconventional circumstances?

He remembers once being part of someone, or something else. He was at ease. He was complete. He was whole. He remembered what life was before. Then suddenly, darkness consumes him, and he feels it tearing him away from something precious. He feels it ripping something precious out of him.

Separating that precious thing from him. Engulfing it. Consuming it. Then everything goes numb, and he feels himself floating, drifting to someplace else. He thinks of nothing. He feels empty, and begins to silently drifts away to sleep.

All of a sudden, there is light. He feels it around him, pulling him back to that precious thing. It comforts him. The warmth puts him at ease. It helps him forget the pain. It helps him forget the emptiness inside of him. It helps him forget. It helps him forget his past. It helps him forget his name…

He jolts, as he realizes that the light is pulling his memories away. He desperately tries to hold onto them, and once more he is engulfed in pain. As his memory is torn away, he once again begins to float away, but now he is thrust away. Away from the light, the darkness, and from everything he ever was. He speeds towards a distant world. Without a form, he passes countless worlds. As he nears his destination, it approaches the twilight hour, and once again he is given form. He descends; he rushes across the sky, red from the setting sun. Past the beach, past the streets, past the tower, and into the forest. He lands in a clap of thunder. The wild life scatters.

He is born, and like a newborn, he is weak.

His entire body is burning. His mind is a haze. It hurts when he tries to move.

Fighting past the pain, he struggles to his feet, and desperately starts walking towards the light of the city. Every step he takes feels like his last. He stumbles and falls aftert what seems like an eternity. He instantly falls asleep, too weak to continue. When he awakes, he will be stronger. But for now he must sleep.

Interlude:

As the last of the sunlight fades, a young boy enters the forest from the hole in the wall surrounding Twilight Town. He stomps around angrily as he scouts out wood to be used as fire wood.

“Your fault for putting it off she says. Should have done it when I asked you, she says. BULL! Why couldn’t she just get Mac to do it? He’s old enough now! I made those plans to go to the Arcade with Pence and Ollette weeks ago!”

He continues his rant, ignorant that his path is obstructed.

“God forbid that the little one should get a little exercise. Why I ottaaaAAAAAH!”

THUNK!

The young boy trips and hits the ground. Rubbing his head, he rolls over to see what he tripped over.

“What kind of jerk leaves a log with arms, legs and blond, spiky hair in the middle of the middle of the road oh MY GOD! There is a NAKED guy in the middle of the road! And pretty messed up by the looks of things. Okay, don’t worry buddy, I’ll take you to our hideout and me and the gang will take care of you!”

The young boy picks up the limp stranger and slings his arm around his shoulder and starts limping back to town, unaware that they are being watched by others with their own interest in the stranger.

Last edited:

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Finally! that took a good while. well, anyways, Here's chapter 2!

-----
Chapter 2: A Usual Spot, with an Unusual Crowd.

It is mid afternoon in Twilight Town, and the streets are bustling with life. As the citizens are going about their day, a young man darts through the crowd, moving towards a back alley that he and his friends had taken and made it into a place to call their own. It was the perfect meeting place. It wasn’t far from the street shops on Dog street, which made snack runs short and effortless, and it was only a few blocks down from the train station, making it a breeze to catch the trains to Twilight Town’s other areas. The fact the view from atop of the station’s clock tower looked over the whole town was just a bonus.

It wasn’t this prime location that he was thinking about, though. It was a mystery that fell into his lap four days ago when his mother sent him out to gather fire wood. It was a mystery that had been the source of much thought for him and his friends the last couple days. Unfortunately, he was never the type to think and watch where he was going at the same time, as he collided head first into another, sending both onto the ground.

“Why don’t you watch where you’re going?” the young man huffed as he sat up to see who he ran into. “That’s an easy way for people to really get hurt!”

“Yes it is Hayner. So why don’t you pay attention to the road and who’s on it instead of going off in your own little world.” The large figure, already on his feet grabs Hayner by the collar of his shirt and hoists him up, feet dangling off the ground.

“SEIFER!” Hayner exclaimed! Seifer, the self appointed head of the Twilight Town Disciplinary Committee, was the last person Hayner wanted to run into. Seifer always had a habit of making things difficult for him.

“Seeing as this is a first time offense, I’m willing to let it slide. But if I ever hear that you run into someone like this again, I’ll be forced to take disciplinary actions.” Seifer lowered Hayner back to the ground, still holding onto his collar. Hayner immediately recognized that this is Seifer’s way of saying he still wanted to talk.

“How very kind of you” Hayner hissed. “Now, is there anything else, or are you holding me this close just because you missed me?"

“You better watch what you say, ya know?” said a large fellow, bounding up to Seifer’s side. “Seifer was thinkin’ that you and your gang might be up to somethin’, since you guys have been so quiet the last couple of days, ya know?”

“Ah, Rai, still the brains of the bunch, aren’t you?” Hayner sneered.

Rai blushed. “Well, I did get straight D’s last semester, ya know?”

“IDIOT.” A blue haired girl said rather frankly. She appeared suddenly next to Seifer, giving the other three a good scare.

“Hello Fuu. Still as talkative as ever, I see” Scowled Hayner, still hanging from the hem of his shirt.

“Jeez Fuu, you know I hate it when you do that.” Seifer said with a sigh. He then released Hayner’s shirt. “Anyways, it’s more or less what Rai said. I’m making sure that you aren’t going to try to cause any trouble.”

“What, just because I haven’t been running around town, it automatically means I’m up to something?”

“YES.” Fuu said, in that matter of fact tone of hers.

“Oh, come on! Name one time that was ever true!”

“How bout’ that one time you put bubble bath and red food coloring in the water fountain uptown?” Rai retorted.

“Okay, I’ll admit that in the past, I have been known for my own share of deviltry, but I’m not up to anything, I swear!”

“Alright, but if I hear anything about the sand in the Sandlot being replaced by itching and sneezing powders, I’m coming straight for you!” Seifer declared with authority. With that, he turned around and walked away, quickly followed by Fuu and Rai. Hayner waited until they turned the corner and immediately ran in the other direction. In only about a minute later, he reached the hideout, dubbed the usual spot by him and his friends. He checks over his shoulder to make sure Seifer didn’t follow, and then entered through the tattered sheets serving as the entrance.

“Hey Pence! Hey Olette!” Hayner greeted cheerfully. Pence was sitting on the radiator snacking on a turkey sandwich while reading his favorite comic book, and Olette sat in a chair next to the couch. The couch itself was occupied by a sleeping blond haired stranger.

Pence looked up from his comic book and puts it away. “Hey Hayner. What’s up?” He said with a big, friendly grin.

Olette Glared at Hayner. “Your late!” she said in a huff.

Hayner started bowing his head. “I know, I know. But I was cornered by Seifer. He thinks I’m ‘up to something’ just because I haven’t been seen in the last couple days. Man, he’s so suspicious.”

“Well, can you honestly blame him?” Pence asked. “After you replaced the clock tower chime with a recording of farts, I think everybody in town feels safer when they know you’ve been roaming around out in the open.”

“Who asked you?” Hayner said with an annoyed look on his face. He then turned towards Olette. “Anyways, how is our guest doing?”

“Sleeping peacefully, just like yesterday. Mark looks like he could wake up and minute now.” Olette answered.

“Wait, Mark? Who the heck is Mark?” Hayner asked bewilderedly.

“It’s this thing that she’s been doing all morning.” Pence said, finishing off the last of his sandwich. He had pulled up another chair and sat down next to the couch. “She’s been calling him different names to see which one she thinks works best.”

“Now that is just stupid!” Hayner exclaimed. “When he wakes up, just ask him!”

“It’s not just about that!” Olette replied huffily as she fluffed the pillows under the stranger's head. “I thought that if he heard his name, he might wake up.”

“That’s just absurd.” Hayner said, dismissing the notion. "He’ll wake up when he wakes up!”

“I can see that you are as caring as ever.” Olette mocked. “Anyway, we need to get him some clothes for him to wear. He can’t just live in your PJ’s forever. And I've been thinking of this one outfit that would absolutely look great on Sora, and—“

“Hold the phone!” Hayner yelled. “Sora? Are you actually considering Sora?”

“And why not? Sora is a great name! Besides, he looks like a Sora.”

“No, he doesn’t. He’s not a girl.”

“Oh, and Just because Sora sounds like a girl's name, it means it isn’t good for boys? Well I’ll have you know that Sora is a perfectly good boy’s name!”

“No, Sora is a girl’s name!”

“Hey, shut up you two!” Pence yelled. Hayner and Olette were so busy arguing that they didn’t notice that the stranger had moved. “Hey, Sora it’s time to wake up.” Pence whispered, gently slapping the stranger on the cheek. Slowly, the stranger opened his eyes.

“Where am I?” He sat up, still weak. Olette grabs him by the shoulder and forced him back down.

“Try not to move. You’ve been asleep for awhile now.”

“Thanks, but who are you? Where am I?” He questions.

Pence answered before Olette and Hayner get a chance to say anything. “You’re in Twilight Town. I’m Pence, he’s Hayner, and she’s Olette. You gave us quite a scare Sora.”

“Why are you calling me Sora?” The stranger asks.

“Isn’t that your name?” Olette asked back. “You woke up when we called you by that name.”

“It sounds familiar, but I don’t think it is.” The stranger replied.

“Then Sora must be your girlfriend!” Hayner said mischievously with his pinky extended. He loved to pick on people.

“I don’t think that’s it either. I can’t remember anything. Who am I?”

The stranger’s question silenced the room. Olette and Pence couldn’t think of a way to answer his question. They had never experienced anything like this. They never expected to that they were dealing with someone who had amnesia. The tension was mounting, until Hayner broke the silence. For all of his flaws, there were reasons why he’s considered the unofficial leader of the trio by the town’s folk. Dealing with people was one of them.

“You’re asking the wrong guys. You were butt naked in the woods when I found you a couple days ago. No idea how you got there.”

“I see…” the stranger said with a sad look in his eyes.

“Aw, cheer up buddy! I’m sure you’ll get your memory back, and until then, you’re one of us!”

“That’s a great idea!” Pence and Olette exclaimed.

“Okay, it’s getting late. We’ll deal with your memory thing another time. Right now, you need to eat and go back to sleep, or else you’ll never recover. Olette, give me a hand!”

Olette and Hayner moved a table from the corner of the wall over beside the stranger. Olette grabs a lamp and turned it on while Pence dug through his fridge and pulled out another sandwich and a carton of milk. He then carried it over to the table.

“Hope you like tuna salad and Swiss cheese!” He said as he placed the food on the table.

“Tomorrow, I want to take you shopping for some decent clothes, alright?” Olette asked.

“That’s fine, but why are you doing this for me?” The stranger pondered, rather confused.

“Simple. We have a feeling that you’re not a bad person!” Hayner answered cheerfully. And with that, the trio said good night to the stranger and left. The Stranger rather confused at this point, thought about the weirdness that had occurred during his rather short day as he ate. Once he ate the sandwich, he finished off his milk and started drifting back to sleep.

Chapter 2: End

-------
Author’s notes: Okay, a quick little fact about the pinky thing. In Japan, there are two hand gestures used when referring to someone’s significant other. If you’re talking about someone’s boyfriend, you stick out your thumb. When you stick out your pinky, it means you’re talking about someone’s girlfriend. It’s just a random fact that popped into my head when I decided on having Hayner ask the Stranger if Sora was his girlfriend. Not sure if it’s all that important to explain, but it’s not something I thought that most people reading this would know.

Any who, in chapter three, we will be checking up on the organization and see what their next course of action will be, and then we will return to the Stranger in chapter four. Until then, keep doing your best!

Incidentally, it’s pretty obvious who the stranger is, isn’t it? Should I even bother referring to him as “the Stranger” out side of the story?

Last edited:

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Whoa...this is cool. You're doing a story about Roxas before the events of KH2, and I'm doing a story of Axel before the events of KH2! Coincidence? Probably...

But anyway, this story is great. It's really well-written, and I loved the end of the first chapter where Hayner thinks that Roxas is a log, and then realizes its a naked person, I loll'd.:laugh:

Chapter 2 was cool, I like long chapters. I liked how Roxas woke up by hearing the name Sora, it was pretty clever. I also like how the characters stay true to themselves from the original game. The writings good too, very detailed. It's just that sometimes you write in the past tense, and sometimes you write in the present tense, it could be confsuing sometimes but it doesn't really matter.

Overall, great story. I'm waiting to see more.:toungesmile:

Last edited:

ravenger147

dude that was really cool thanx. Hey is the stranger Roxas cuz i dont understand why his memories brought him pain. never mind i know its Roxas now and thanx though

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Yeah, I try to do my best. I especially like how I caught the characteristics of Pence and Olette. I think I over did it with Hayner, though. I just pictured him as a sort of a trouble maker.

As for Seifer, Fuu, and Rai, It really helped that I played Final Fantasy 8 long before writing chapter 2.You get a basic understanding of Seifer's character In KH2, but Fuu and Rai seemed like they were background characters to me. Playing FF8 really helped me get a good understanding of their characters.

That being said, I hope nobody is a Vivi fan. I never played FF9, and I really don't plan on playing it any time soon, so he won't be appearing in this fic. As forSetzer, I'm going to look into him a little. I really want to do a struggle chapter where Roxas starts discovering his skills with a sword, and it won't do to not have the champ in it. But if I can't get a grasp on his character, he probably won't be showin' up.

On a different note, it'll be a couple days before chapter three is up. I really don't think I'll have a chance to sit down and type it out until at least late friday afternoon.

And Staulmaster, I'll make sure to check out your fanfic in the next couple of days. Thanks for your comments and your thoughts. I'll try to be more mindful of which tense I use.

Glad you appreciate it Ravenger, and yes it is Roxas. He won't be called Roxas in the fic for a long while though.

iloveyou502

Battling my inner demons....and winning thank you
I liked it and Ill probably be coming back to read but I do have a question. And I dont mean to be a stick up anyone's ass by asking it.
Is this ff supposed to be from the point where DIZ sent Roxas to the fake Twilight Town or are you just doing your own thing and starting him off in Twilight Town cuz Im pretty sure he was in the Organization, then he left, THEN Diz sent him to TT and in the little prolouge thingy it sounds like you are starting him off there directly from the point at which he became a nobody.
Im not trying to correct you just trying to understand.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
It was never really specified when Roxas joined the organization, and the In game timeline has never been very specific as to how long the events actually were. I'm going with a few months, because it works the best for the fan fic.

In my mind, Chapter 2 had occured a few days after Sora became a Heartess. Most of the events in chapter 1 are an abstract portrayel of Sora becoming a heartless and then being restored by Kairi, causing an adverse affect in Roxas. By the end of chapter two, I think Sora would still be in Traverse town, and he would remain there for a couple days.

So anyways, this is from when Roxas first became a Nobody, before he joined the organization. He doesn't have a name right now, so that's why he is being reffered to as "the stranger" in the story. DIZ doesn't even know about him yet, and he won't be appearing in this story. I hope that helps a little.

I'll try to at least start on chapter three tonight, but I'm not sure I'll be able to get all that much done...

Last edited:

Roxi-chan

In your imagination. That's why I'm so cute. ; )
:thumbsup:
Wow. This is so good. I love a well written fan fiction. I can never stick to mine, which sucks 'cause I have some pretty good idea's.
This though...
...I LOVE it :loveit:!
Plus, Roxas is my favorite character in the game so I have realized I quite adored fan fiction's about him. Well, congrats on writing such a great story and keep up the good work! If you do, you'll have yourself a devoted fan here!
^.~​

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I'm actually surprised to have this many readers myself. Makes me a little nervous...

Anyways, there has been a little hold up in production. I found out that I'm scheduled to work this weekend at my job, which is when I was actually planning to finish chapter 3 and write a script comedy or two. And to top it off, I'm also starting school on Monday, so that will slow things down. I don't intend to stop writing BoD, though. It's been in the back of my head ever since I started, and the only thing that I think would make me forget about it would be something completely mind blowing.

I will have to put making script comedies on hold, unfortunatly(which stinks, because I've been getting some great ideas.) But between BoD, School, and random crud popping up, I don't see where I'd find the time for the Script comedies.

Back to BoD. I probably won't be updating it as much as I'd like(or as much as some of you would like, I'd imagine) but if you can please just be patient, and I'll get there. It takes time for me to write a chapter.(I decided that Writing one well is more important than writing one fast.)

So that is what's going to happen, I guess, but in closing, I'd like to say one thing:

My fan fiction doesn't interfere with my life, my life interferes with my fan fiction.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
Okay, since I figured I won't get a chance to work on chapter 3 any this weekend, I decided to post the first part of it right now, and then post the rest later. so without further to do, here's the first part of chapter 3!
------------------
Chapter Three: Dark Rendezvous

Shortly after Hayner had carried off the sleeping Stranger, another stranger, just as mysterious as the last, arrived on the scene. He looks around, inspecting the area that he had watched Hayner trot around in his anger just before carrying off the Stranger, and he thinks that it’s a good thing these long black coats make it difficult to be spotted in the dark. One of the perks of being in the Organization is that the wardrobe can be both fashionable and functional. He then picks up the bundle of sticks Hayner had dropped and picked out a choice one. With an almost blinding burst of light, the end of the stick is instantly set ablaze to light his way.

“All right, time to see where the new guy was born.” He tells himself. He then sets off in the direction that the Stranger had come from only a few minutes earlier. He shortly comes into a clearing, in the middle of which is a large impact site. He instantly thrusts the torch into the ground and places the bundle next to the crater and descends into the hole. He stands at the center and realizes the impossibility of the situation.

After some thought, he raises his arm into the air and gives a loud snap, ringing throughout the forest with the intent to summon. In response, two silver creatures slither into view as if from nowhere, their slender bodies and snake like arms twisting and bending in unnatural and unimaginable ways. Their nearly pale white leather hide greatly contrasts the black leather coat of their master. They stand before the dark robed figure, awaiting instructions.

“Okay, you, on the left. Go find Saix and tell him we have a problem with the matter we discussed. Don’t worry, he’ll know what it is. And you on the right. Go to town and get me a burger, some fries and some sea salt ice cream for dessert. I haven’t eaten anything all day.”

After hearing their orders, the creatures disappear into the air, leaving as silent as they came. Alone again, he turns his attention to the wood, selecting choice pieces and arranging them in a teepee structure. He then immediately harvests some dried field grass and sticks it into the miniature wooden structure. Once finished, he retrieves his torch from earlier and throws it in with the dried grass, and with a wave of his hand over his creation, it immediately ignites. With the surrounding area now a glow in the light of the fire, he sits down on a log and with a sigh, he removes his hood, revealing a man that looks to be in his early twenties with small triangle tattoos under each eye, and spiky, shoulder length hair, as wild and as red as the fire. He stares into the fire and starts to lose himself in the dance of the flames.

FWUMP!

The sound of a large parcel being dropped snaps him out of his trance. He looks over and sees the creature that he sent into a town standing in front of a burlap bag. In his large, spear like hands, he holds a carton of sea salt ice cream. The red haired man walks over to the bag and looks in it, seeing four bags from Twilight Town’s premier burger joint, a stack of paper bowls, a plastic ice cream spoon, and a bag of plastic spoons. He looks at the silver being with a bewildered look on his face.

“How the hell did you lug this bag with that scrawny Dusk body of yours?” He asked, scratching his head. He then reached into the bag and pulled out one of the bags and proceeded eating. “Hey, why don’t you go scout out where the newbie is?” He asked, bread and beef crumbs spilling out his mouth. Just as soon as he had finished with his request, the Dusk slithered back into nothingness, disappearing once again.

By the time midnight had approached, the man in black had already eaten two bags worth of food and had started on preparing his dessert. He scooped some of the ice cream into the bowl gusto and vigor, and as he retrieved a plastic spoon, he began thinking of how much he loved Sea Salt ice cream before he was transformed. Just as he was about to enjoy his favorite ice cream, the Dusk slithered back into view.

“Typical” He said to himself, rather peeved. “I’m always interrupted when I’m trying to enjoy my favorite ice cream.” He sets his bowl down and concentrates on the Dusk, he stares at it with intent in his eyes, resting his chin on his interlaced fingers. After about a minute, he once again speaks.

“Okay, he’s in a back alley that was made into a hideout by a couple of kids. Good work. Now, I have one more task for you. Saix told me that this mission was top priority, handed to him straight from the boss man’s mouth. It’s been four hours since I sent your buddy to fetch Mr. ‘Top Priority’ Saix, and he has yet to show that mug he calls a face. Go see what’s taking so long.”

With its last order, the Dusk slithers into the air and then into nothingness one final time. Relieved to be free of distractions, he once again picks up his ice cream bowl. He picks up the spoon and brings it to his lips. He drools in anticipation as he is about to taste the sweet, salty, taste that has made Sea salt ice cream beloved through out the worlds.

“Good evening Axel” a voice rang out from the air. “Am I interrupting anything?”

Now he shows up, a very annoyed Axel thinks. He puts the spoon down and returns the bowl to the ground. Wisps of Darkness sprout out of the ground and weave a door to the plane of existence known as Betwixt and Between. Emerging from that door is the right hand of the superior, Saix, the Lunar Diviner!

Chapter 3: Dark Rendezvous. --to be continued.

Last edited:

Ams Tram Gram

Pique et pique et col?grame
Ooh, Axel! That was a pretty cool first part of a chapter! Axel behaves just like he would in the games! lol Keep on writing!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back