• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Before Xion Came

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxyli138

A long time ago when I was still a KH noob, I thought Namine was the third person in the trio. Observing KH2 and CoM more closely, I dropped this idea and thought of Axel and Roxas as a duo. But I remember thinking the two made a strange friendship from the definite age difference.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Roxas and Axel were never part of a trio - before Xion was created a few years after KH2. It showed. So with that in mind, yeah, I always thought they were a dynamic duo. There was never a girl, and it was best like that, imo. Days just drop kicked AkuRoku (friendship-wise) to the point where I questioned why they were companions in the first place for some time. Or why Axel bothered with Roxas. That's what happens when you throw boobs (and I use that loosely, in this case, if you know what I mean), at least when it's not done right.

The two guys individually met Naminé (and they really missed a moment of awesome by not showing hers and Axel's building friendship), but they were never seen together as one, so that doesn't make it three, I guess. Demyx is good when thinking of fan work, and I could have completely seen it in canon without batting an eyelash. Their personalities mesh and it works. It's something different than what we've been given as well. Despite the trio thing, it actually consisted of guys. Naturally that would be fangirl bait, but I still would have welcomed the fresh breath of air. Just like I would love for the game to focus on girl friendships.

Nonetheless, the repetitive formula is getting boring, and I don't find much interest in "trios" anymore. If there was another set coming, I would be "oh...well, look at that. How surprising...:I".

Zul

Awards
Nonetheless, the repetitive formula is getting boring, and I don't find much interest in "trios" anymore. If there was another set coming, I would be "oh...well, look at that. How surprising...:I".

Agreed, it is actually getting quite annoying to have nearly every group of important friends follow the same pattern again and again. I don't know what Nomura sees in it, but I hope we can stop with that now, friendships don't HAVE to come in threes.

*TwilightNight*

Bronze Member
Awards
Agreed, it is actually getting quite annoying to have nearly every group of important friends follow the same pattern again and again. I don't know what Nomura sees in it, but I hope we can stop with that now, friendships don't HAVE to come in threes.

Or at least, like I said, change the dynamics around if it needs to be three.

Zul

Awards
Hmm..

2 guys, one guy, put guy in tiger-skin-suit, make keyblade golden cane.

I like this.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've always believed that it was just for crack than anyone actually believing it.

Nope!

kawree.livejournal.com
^This is really, really in depth and awesome and interesting meta on Axel, waaay back before Days or Birth by Sleep :3

i cant really blame xion a character is what the writers make it -_-

people say that all the time. what does it mean? when you say 'blame', do you mean 'hate'? as in, 'i can't really hate xion. a character is what the writers make it'?

because if that's really what you think, it makes no sense. it's like saying 'i can't really hate war. governments are the ones responsible.' yes, 'war' is an abstract concept that human beings are to 'blame' for, but seriously, you can still hate the concept of war itself.

yes, the writers are the ones to blame... but if they write a shitty character, it's a shitty character! and you are allowed to hate shitty characters and/or their shit qualities.

I always thought they were just a duo, though adding Demyx in would've been really awesome. I wish they would've used him just a bit more, I always had a soft spot for the goof. :]

There's some cute Demyx in the latest days manga chapter if you're interested, here~

Zul

Awards
Nope!

people say that all the time. what does it mean? when you say 'blame', do you mean 'hate'? as in, 'i can't really hate xion. a character is what the writers make it'?

because if that's really what you think, it makes no sense. it's like saying 'i can't really hate war. governments are the ones responsible.' yes, 'war' is an abstract concept that human beings are to 'blame' for, but seriously, you can still hate the concept of war itself.

yes, the writers are the ones to blame... but if they write a shitty character, it's a shitty character! and you are allowed to hate shitty characters and/or their shit qualities.
~

I always equated "hating" the character to criticizing the author's work rather than the author himself. You could apply "it's just the writing!" to well...every character.

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I always equated "hating" the character to criticizing the author's work rather than the author himself. You could apply "it's just the writing!" to well...every character.

and in reverse, liking.

i cant really like inception. a movie is what the directors make it...

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
i cant really like inception. a movie is what the directors make it...

Too bad the people behind the Academy Awards nominations didn't realize that. :(

Anyways, back in the days when I was moving from "casual fan" to "passionate fan," I remember thinking it would be cool if they made a game about Roxas' time in the Organization, with Axel and Demyx as the party members that traveled with him through other worlds. Basically, a darker version of Sora/Donald/Goofy. When I heard that there WAS going to be a Roxas game about his time in the Organization, I wondered if I had died somehow and gone to heaven. But as time passed, it grew more and more apparent to me that the RAD trio wasn't going to happen, which made me sad, but I figured it would be a decent game anyway, because it was KH and Square-Enix.

As for the rest of the fandom, I've noticed that the RAD trio was a popular fanon concept, especially in sillier fanfics where the entire Organization would be on some crazy adventure and Demyx was always placed alongside Roxas and Axel as their other BFF. But I don't think a lot of people were serious, passionate fans of the RAD trio that defended their OT3 to the death. It was just one of those collective ideas about Roxas' time in the Org that made sense in everyone's heads, so people just accepted it without question and added it to their own fanfics. And it worked better than RAN, at least if you wanted to write a story in the canon timeline, because RAD all lived in the same castle, and Demyx was portrayed being one of the "nicer" members of the Org, so it gave fans more opportunities to write a fanfic in the canon universe where they all hung out together. Then Days got released and RAX overtook RAD in terms of fandom love. :'(

Demyx is good when thinking of fan work, and I could have completely seen it in canon without batting an eyelash. Their personalities mesh and it works. It's something different than what we've been given as well. Despite the trio thing, it actually consisted of guys. Naturally that would be fangirl bait, but I still would have welcomed the fresh breath of air. Just like I would love for the game to focus on girl friendships.

YES. Amen. I concur!

Although I'll remove my RAD-Fangirl goggles for a moment to remember that we'd still have to deal with that whole icky problem that is: "I wanted to see Roxas. He was the only one I liked." But I think that could have been handled two ways, either: A) by having them both be best friends with Roxas, but not each other, or B) having them all be one big happy trio until the end of Days when Roxas decides to leave and everything goes nuts, with Axel and Demyx having some kind of falling-out so that he doesn't consider him a friend anymore.

But yeah, RAD would have been epic. Like I just said, it reminds me a bit of Sora/Donald/Goofy, which happens to also be my favorite trio of the KH trios. They've all got different personalities that would mesh well together, and it would also be a fun reversal of the RAX trio, where, instead of having two curious kids bombarding Axel with questions, there would only be one curious kid asking Axel and Demyx questions about life and then getting different answers and watching them fight over who was right, or something silly like that.

And yeah, about the girl friendships...WHERE THE HECK ARE THEY?

Nope!

kawree.livejournal.com
^This is really, really in depth and awesome and interesting meta on Axel, waaay back before Days or Birth by Sleep :3

There's some cute Demyx in the latest days manga chapter if you're interested, here~

Goldy, could you repost them here? I really, really want to see them (especially the Demyx manga :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDD) but it's saying I need to log in in order to view it! (I don't have an account and I don't feel like making one.) :(

Flickr

I always thought that Axel and Roxas were friends, Axel possibly being a mentor or an older brother figure in-game. I didn't ever place Demyx with them just because it looked like, at the time, Axel would be rude to him and Roxas wouldn't give a shit. x'D
But now that Xion came along I find the two's bond perhaps stronger than before, though many people would like to challenge that. Whether you like Xion or not I found the friendship between the three perhaps more solid than with just Axel and Roxas.

(lol i'm like the only positive comment here. way to stay positive, guys! -shot)

Decrith

I thought the Organization would be split into these groups

Xemnas and Saix
Xigbar, Xaldin, and Luxord
Demyx, Marluxia, and Larxene
Axel and Roxas ( + Xion )
Vexen, Lexeaus (w/e the spelling is), Zexion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back