• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

BBS keyblades

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
i think the keyblade now has keychains and chooses it master because it wants 2
I personally think there's more to a keyblade choosing it's master than just because it wants to.

Setting aside the fact that the ones who really gave Sora the Keychain were the faeries
Thank god for bringing that up, it was getting annoying.
Mickey could've created the SS's Keychain, it somehow ended up with Merlin/the faeries, and when Sora got the ability to Duel Wield via the Drive Forms, they just slipped that one in on him. He had no Memories of his own to properly create another Keychain, after what happened in CoM; that was his first Keychain aside from the KK in KH2.
That is probably what happened since he couldn't split the KK in half without a second keychain probably. Mickey also could have known about it and left it for him like you said.

In your last post, Rain are you talking strictly about keychains? That's what I'm getting, but I think it also brings up the idea of what a Keyblade itself even is.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
That is probably what happened since he couldn't split the KK in half without a second keychain probably. Mickey also could have known about it and left it for him like you said.

That makes a world of sense, actually. Mickey knew about Sora being reunited with Roxas, which is enough of a reason for him to leave the Keychain behind, without bringing in the Ven factor.
And then we bring in the Ven factor and Mickey planning on having Sora Duel Wield makes too much sense all of a sudden o-o hot damn.

In your last post, Rain are you talking strictly about keychains? That's what I'm getting, but I think it also brings up the idea of what a Keyblade itself even is.

Only Keychains.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Some theories about Roxas and Sora duel wielding (and on a more basic level, the both of them wielding at the same time to begin with) say that Ven's relation to them is the source of the 'other' Keyblade. Mickey would know about the Ven in Sora, and hence will know that now that Roxas is fused with Sora, Sora could Duel Wield thanks to Ven. Hence leaving him the SS Keychain has merit.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
but Ven was erased, so everyone would forget about him
so how would mickey know

We know he wanted to be erased. However, whether or not he got his wish, and what the exact results of being erased are, both are unknown at this time. For all we know, Ven being erased is precisely him being discarded of most of his being, yet a 'core' was shoved into Sora, letting him use a spare Keyblade and have Roxas look like Ven. Mickey'd still remember him just fine.

and riku can dual wield...so yeah

As Rikunort. We've no idea if he can still do that now that XH was kicked out of his body.

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Actually, SoD being the reason why Riku can Duel Wield makes more than enough sense to me. Xehanort managed to open the Door to the Heart of Radiant Garden. He's likely affiliated with at least one of the following: Terra, MX, DS, if not a mixture of some of them - all of which have their own Keyblades, so it makes sense the end product will in some form have his own abilities that relate to it as well (will certainly explain the SE Riku got from nowhere, if SoD was how he got it to begin with, and then how SoD had two of them in the final battle).
Riku having a part of a being inside him that can wield would give him the ability to wield a second Keyblade once he had the extra Keychain, and that's exactly what he got once he ran into Kairi (the Memories of her and his Home surfacing to create the Keychain which shaped the Keyblade based on DI motifs).

Way I see it, that scene hints both towards the source of Duel Wielding (the extra being inside the wielder, which ties in both for Riku and XH, and Sora and Roxas - with Ven), as well as to tie Xehanort himself to the Keyblade (since Sora didn't get another Keyblade from having Kairi's Heart in him, but he did once he fused with Roxas, and Riku eventually got another one when he was Rikunort).

Smile

Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
The Soul Eater - is not a Keyblade.
The Way to Dawn - is yes a Keyblade.

The Soul Eater became the Way to Dawn, as proved by both Nomura, as well as in-game when Riku called the WtD (a name we find out via his equipment menu) "Soul Eater". The WtD is a full fledged Keyblade, however, and one of the noticable differences between the two is naturally the Keychain (which kind of comes to show how good Riku is at sprouting Keyblades - he got the first one for the WtD, the SE evolved. He got the one for the Gayblade, poof, it showed up as well @w@;;; ).
Especially in light of the SE eventually becoming a Keyblade, however, it doesn't seem to be wrong to assume Riku's ability to use that weapon is in part thanks to his general abilities as a Keyblade Wielder (an ability that was held back by his weakness of Heart, which also got him to lose the actual Keyblade to Sora).

As for his awakening, we don't know. We know both Sora and Roxas went through them, but that could be something unique for them. It's unknown at this time whether or not other Wielders go through it as well, and more specifically - whether or not Riku had one. It's not unthinkable to assume he did, but it's not the most based thing ever.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
As for his awakening, we don't know. We know both Sora and Roxas went through them, but that could be something unique for them. It's unknown at this time whether or not other Wielders go through it as well, and more specifically - whether or not Riku had one. It's not unthinkable to assume he did, but it's not the most based thing ever.
Whether or not he had doesn't really matter does it? If he did we just didn't need to know since he wasn't the one being controlled by the player and if he didn't go through one, oh well, since they are mostly a tutorial anyways.
so a keychain made SE turn to WtD?

ah, that makes sense, i think i get it now
I don't think it was the actual keychain that did the evolving. The keychain was probably made as SE evolved, but I could be wrong.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
I really don't think they serve much of a purpose outside of a tutorial other than to show that they obtained the keyblade.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
So the only way I see it mattering whether or not Riku had an awakening is if he didn't have one and the only way that would come up is if it had relevance to the plot, otherwise I would assume he had one.

Zeagal

Lick It Good
Which is why the only reason we would need to know or care about it is if he didn't have one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back