• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Atlantis World Concept

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Honestly, while I love the film, I never considered Atlantis to be a serious contender due to Disney not acknowledging it for so long. That was until the reveal that the game will somehow involve dive mechanics and/or underwater combat. So I wanted to write up a concept for how Atlantis might work as a world. This will be long, so I’ve warned you. Haha[/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]World Name:
[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
The Lost Empire (to avoid confusion with Atlantica.) The location would still be referred to as Atlantis in the world itself. [/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Story:[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Despite my initial doubts of its inclusion, I know the story itself would fit right in to Kingdom Hearts. The crystal being the city’s heart/source of light that has been hidden away for centuries is the same idea of the true Kingdom Hearts. Therefore, I think the story would follow the film’s plot to utilize these parallels.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]There could also be some clues to wider KH mytho revealed through messages in the Atlantean ruins or from the king himself. Perhaps in this version, Atlantis sunk at the same time that Kingdom Hearts disappeared.[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Since the Ulysses gets destroyed at the start of the film, making it inaccessible during the bulk of the story, I think it would be unnecessary to make it an explorable area. Instead, I think it would be cool if there is a short cutscene on the Ulysses to set up the story prior to SDG’s arrival, similar to what is being done with Toy Story. Then [/FONT][FONT=&quot]SDG would arrive as the Leviathan is destroying the submarine, throwing us right into the action.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]In this scenario, the Gummi ship would be capable of operating underwater and the opening would essentially be a Gummi ship battle against the Leviathan with Milo and the gang assisting from their pods. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]After they escape the Leviathan, the story would pick up in the caverns where formal introductions would be made. Everyone except Milo would be wary of SDG, seeing them as competitors in the hunt for Atlantis. But Milo would convince Rourke and the others to work with SDG, possibly because of a drawing that resembles the Keyblade in the Shepherd’s Journal. That would lead Milo to believe Sora is needed to find Atlantis. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]From there, it would pretty much follow the same story beats as the film. The only significant difference would be that Isa/Saix would help Rourke betray Milo and Sora. He would offer Rourke power and wealth in exchange for the Heart of Atlantis, which he could possibly draw power from like he did with Kingdom Hearts in KH2.
[/FONT][/FONT]

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Gameplay:[/FONT][FONT=&quot] [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Along with the Gummi ship acting as a submarine, there’s a lot potential for interesting gameplay elements in Atlantis.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Initially, Milo would be the only party member, but he would be able to issue commands to Vinny, Audrey, Mole, and Dr. Sweet to assist in combat or exploration using their specialties: explosives, engineering, digging, and healing. Milo could also help decipher puzzles, similar to Uncharted and Tomb Raider. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Later, Kida would join the party as the traditional warrior type. I see her fighting style being similar to Aladdin with his speed and agility, except she would wield a spear instead of a sword.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]The major unique gameplay elements would be the Uncharted-like puzzles and the use of the Atlantean gliders, as well as a lot of diving and underwater combat. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Bosses:[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Leviathan- A Gummi ship boss fight. Part of the mission would involve fighting it head on and the other would be trying to escape it. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Two Heartless Minibosses- One would take place in the caverns on the way to Atlantis, possibly themed to the fireflies that set the camp on fire, and the other would be an underwater boss when Milo is deciphering the message about the Heart of Atlantis, possibly themed to the Kraken.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Helga- She would be fought by SDG while Rourke and Saix takes Milo and Kida to find the Heart of Atlantis after his betrayal. She’d be a fast and heavy hitter, similar to Tifa. She might would fought again or instead before the final fight with Rourke. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Isa/Saix- He would be fought in the cavern area where the Heart of Atlantis is hidden. The party would arrive to stop Rourke, Helga, and Saix from taking the crystal, when Saix would challenge the group to a fight. It would probably play out much like the KH2 fight with him as they’d want to save any major changes for the endgame fight. (In theory, this situation would also be great for a Demyx fight since the cavern is a water basin. I consider him an alternate to appear in this world.) [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Rourke: This fight would be in two phases taking place on the Gyro-Evac balloon. The first would be relatively easy, but it might include Helga too or a time limit before the balloon escapes the volcano. Once Rourke becomes infected by the crystal, he would be powered up exponentially, unleashing devastating attacks in a much more beastial manner. The balloon would also be falling at this point, so there could be some cool stuff done with that element.[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Before the last fight, there would be a battle using the Atlantean gliders. After the fight, we’d use them again to escape the collapsing volcano. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Keyblade: [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]It would likely be a Guardian Form Keyblade, designed in reference to to the stone guardians protecting Atlantis. The Keychain would almost certainly be one of the crystal necklaces. The first transformation could be into a spear and then a shield. [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]Conclusion:[/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot]So what do you think? I appreciate if you even managed to read this much. I definitely can see how this would make for an incredible world in KH3 that would be unlike any other. If you have any other details you’d like me to elaborate on, let me know! [/FONT][/FONT]
[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

[/FONT]

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
I like your idea. Though I would change the darkness of the world from Isa to Terranort. I think Apprentice Xehanort could be a good foil to Milo who himself is also a intellectual and driven by curiousity.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
I think Master Xehanort himself would be good here. I think he should be a big aspect of at least one Disney word,especially with him having similar parallels to the King. Besides that, I like it.

Keyblade transformation wise they can get pretty creative, at first i was initially a little disappointed about the drill being a Toy story transformation but there's really so much more they can do.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Everybody on this site knows I’m an Atlantis stan and have gone on and on about it for the last hundred years, so I’ll just say I love everything you said. <3

And I’ll just drop this nice text: Atlantis is honestly one of my favorite Disney films of all time. People say it didn't have that magic or "Disney" feel that other Disney films did, but I really can't see it. I was 10 when I first saw it and it captivated me more than previous Disney films that came out just before the transition period. Watching Kida being chosen by the Crystal was truly a magical moment to me. Beyond my love of it, the lore of the film just works so well with Kingdom Hearts. We have the "Heart of Atlantis", a mysterious crystal of light that gives life to the residents of Atlantis that came from the sky, people seeking the Crystal out for its power, themes of friendship...everything.

And just some official text to support your concept:

Tens of thousands of years ago, a comet like Crystal fell to the earth in the Empire of Atlantis. It possessed extraordinary powers, which the people soon learned to harness. But the king misjudged this power and used the Crystal as a weapon of war. The Crystal's power proved too great to control. It overwhelmed and destroyed Atlantis. After the catastrophe the king kept the Crystal hidden, and over the centuries he allowed his people to forget it ever existed. Despite this, the Crystal continued to protect and nourish Atlantis. It is the Atlanteans' life force. Without it they will die.

Silver_Soul

Bronze Member
Awards
I think Master Xehanort himself would be good here. I think he should be a big aspect of at least one Disney word,especially with him having similar parallels to the King. Besides that, I like it.

Besides them having the same voice actor(RIP) what parallels do they have? They are more like opposites. The King of Atlantis wants to hide the heart of Atlantis while MX wants to use kingdom hearts to reset the universe.

I would love to learn more about kingdom hearts itself and how the heart of Atlantis is a mini version of kingdom hearts pertaining the hearts of their world. Maybe the hearts couldn't join the true kingdom hearts because they were so isolated. The possibilities are endless.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Everybody on this site knows I’m an Atlantis stan and have gone on and on about it for the last hundred years, so I’ll just say I love everything you said. <3

And I’ll just drop this nice text: Atlantis is honestly one of my favorite Disney films of all time. People say it didn't have that magic or "Disney" feel that other Disney films did, but I really can't see it. I was 10 when I first saw it and it captivated me more than previous Disney films that came out just before the transition period. Watching Kida being chosen by the Crystal was truly a magical moment to me. Beyond my love of it, the lore of the film just works so well with Kingdom Hearts. We have the "Heart of Atlantis", a mysterious crystal of light that gives life to the residents of Atlantis that came from the sky, people seeking the Crystal out for its power, themes of friendship...everything.

And just some official text to support your concept:

Tens of thousands of years ago, a comet like Crystal fell to the earth in the Empire of Atlantis. It possessed extraordinary powers, which the people soon learned to harness. But the king misjudged this power and used the Crystal as a weapon of war. The Crystal's power proved too great to control. It overwhelmed and destroyed Atlantis. After the catastrophe the king kept the Crystal hidden, and over the centuries he allowed his people to forget it ever existed. Despite this, the Crystal continued to protect and nourish Atlantis. It is the Atlanteans' life force. Without it they will die.

Aww thank you! That’s a huge compliment! It was one of my favorites too. I just finished watching the movie as I turned it on while I was writing this. It really is such a beautiful film that also has a lot more guts compared to other Disney films. It doesn’t shy away from the more intense elements, which it seems KH3 wants to lean into.

Also, I was actually pretty obsessed with the tie-in PlayStation game when it came out. I think it was one of the first video games I played. Looking back, it probably wasn’t that good of a game, but I just loved getting to run around as Milo, Kida, and the rest as they explored Atlantis. If the world is in Kingdom Hearts 3, it would fully realize the memories I have of that game into a true top quality gaming experience.

Thanks for that info you provided too! It really does support how easily the property could be integrated into the KH universe, probably more effectively than any previous Disney world.

ultima-demi

(>..)>
Awards
Besides them having the same voice actor(RIP) what parallels do they have? They are more like opposites. The King of Atlantis wants to hide the heart of Atlantis while MX wants to use kingdom hearts to reset the universe.
Both super knowledgeable old coots with a penchant of war. One old coot isn't like that no more but it'll be great seeing them interact because of this.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Would be funny if they brought back Donald's greed when he sees Atlantis' treasure. He might want to bring some on the Gummi Ship, lol.

TruestSyn

Bronze Member
Awards
I really like this idea, you have a good grasp on the KH world formula and for Atlantis (like Corona) it would be really difficult to create new material from the ending of the movie (they tried with a sequel and that movie was awful lol). I really love reading these kind of world analysis that takes the actual formula into consideration instead of "Add this world cause I like it, dunno how it fits tho". Maybe I'll make one for the world's I think would fit in KH 3.

horto12485

Awards
Honestly, while I love the film, I never considered Atlantis to be a serious contender due to Disney not acknowledging it for so long. That was until the reveal that the game will somehow involve dive mechanics and/or underwater combat. So I wanted to write up a concept for how Atlantis might work as a world. This will be long, so I’ve warned you. Haha

World Name:

The Lost Empire (to avoid confusion with Atlantica.) The location would still be referred to as Atlantis in the world itself.

Story:

Despite my initial doubts of its inclusion, I know the story itself would fit right in to Kingdom Hearts. The crystal being the city’s heart/source of light that has been hidden away for centuries is the same idea of the true Kingdom Hearts. Therefore, I think the story would follow the film’s plot to utilize these parallels.

There could also be some clues to wider KH mytho revealed through messages in the Atlantean ruins or from the king himself. Perhaps in this version, Atlantis sunk at the same time that Kingdom Hearts disappeared.

Since the Ulysses gets destroyed at the start of the film, making it inaccessible during the bulk of the story, I think it would be unnecessary to make it an explorable area. Instead, I think it would be cool if there is a short cutscene on the Ulysses to set up the story prior to SDG’s arrival, similar to what is being done with Toy Story. Then SDG would arrive as the Leviathan is destroying the submarine, throwing us right into the action.

In this scenario, the Gummi ship would be capable of operating underwater and the opening would essentially be a Gummi ship battle against the Leviathan with Milo and the gang assisting from their pods.

After they escape the Leviathan, the story would pick up in the caverns where formal introductions would be made. Everyone except Milo would be wary of SDG, seeing them as competitors in the hunt for Atlantis. But Milo would convince Rourke and the others to work with SDG, possibly because of a drawing that resembles the Keyblade in the Shepherd’s Journal. That would lead Milo to believe Sora is needed to find Atlantis.

From there, it would pretty much follow the same story beats as the film. The only significant difference would be that Isa/Saix would help Rourke betray Milo and Sora. He would offer Rourke power and wealth in exchange for the Heart of Atlantis, which he could possibly draw power from like he did with Kingdom Hearts in KH2.

Gameplay:

Along with the Gummi ship acting as a submarine, there’s a lot potential for interesting gameplay elements in Atlantis.

Initially, Milo would be the only party member, but he would be able to issue commands to Vinny, Audrey, Mole, and Dr. Sweet to assist in combat or exploration using their specialties: explosives, engineering, digging, and healing. Milo could also help decipher puzzles, similar to Uncharted and Tomb Raider.

Later, Kida would join the party as the traditional warrior type. I see her fighting style being similar to Aladdin with his speed and agility, except she would wield a spear instead of a sword.

The major unique gameplay elements would be the Uncharted-like puzzles and the use of the Atlantean gliders, as well as a lot of diving and underwater combat.

Bosses:

Leviathan- A Gummi ship boss fight. Part of the mission would involve fighting it head on and the other would be trying to escape it.

Two Heartless Minibosses- One would take place in the caverns on the way to Atlantis, possibly themed to the fireflies that set the camp on fire, and the other would be an underwater boss when Milo is deciphering the message about the Heart of Atlantis, possibly themed to the Kraken.

Helga- She would be fought by SDG while Rourke and Saix takes Milo and Kida to find the Heart of Atlantis after his betrayal. She’d be a fast and heavy hitter, similar to Tifa. She might would fought again or instead before the final fight with Rourke.

Isa/Saix- He would be fought in the cavern area where the Heart of Atlantis is hidden. The party would arrive to stop Rourke, Helga, and Saix from taking the crystal, when Saix would challenge the group to a fight. It would probably play out much like the KH2 fight with him as they’d want to save any major changes for the endgame fight. (In theory, this situation would also be great for a Demyx fight since the cavern is a water basin. I consider him an alternate to appear in this world.)

Rourke: This fight would be in two phases taking place on the Gyro-Evac balloon. The first would be relatively easy, but it might include Helga too or a time limit before the balloon escapes the volcano. Once Rourke becomes infected by the crystal, he would be powered up exponentially, unleashing devastating attacks in a much more beastial manner. The balloon would also be falling at this point, so there could be some cool stuff done with that element.

Before the last fight, there would be a battle using the Atlantean gliders. After the fight, we’d use them again to escape the collapsing volcano.

Keyblade:

It would likely be a Guardian Form Keyblade, designed in reference to to the stone guardians protecting Atlantis. The Keychain would almost certainly be one of the crystal necklaces. The first transformation could be into a spear and then a shield.

Conclusion:

So what do you think? I appreciate if you even managed to read this much. I definitely can see how this would make for an incredible world in KH3 that would be unlike any other. If you have any other details you’d like me to elaborate on, let me know!

I love your idea of how the Atlantis world would work in Kingdom Hearts III it's amazing

alexis.anagram

pajamaモード
Awards
Like Spockanort, I'm really into the idea of Lost Empire making it in to KH3, I think it's a world with all this potential and which basically writes itself, and all of the ideas presented in the OP are proof of that. I am absolutely sold on the idea of fighting the Leviathan in the Gummi Ship, just imagining how cinematic and intense they could get with that gives me goosebumps. I also like the idea of an ancient civilization with a cultural memory of the dawn of KH history helping to build up the lore further and give insight into the "true" nature of Kingdom Hearts itself. And yes to dungeons and puzzles and whatever else they want to do with this world to create that sense of enigma and mystery which pays off in the form of some Big Answers which could only be achieved by visiting Atlantis; that's how you pull a Disney world into the main plot organically, by using it to develop our understanding of the universe and resituate the characters in turn.

I also agree with Ultima-Demi that Master Xehanort is the right villain for this world. Again,with the kind of old knowledge it might be said to contain, he would want to go there as a matter of principle. The secrets it holds could be the key to everything he's hoping to achieve, and then by that same token they're revealed to be essential to SDG's journey.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
Honestly, while I love the film, I never considered Atlantis to be a serious contender due to Disney not acknowledging it for so long.

I'll just leave this here...

b5AFcJZ.jpg

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards

b5AFcJZ.jpg

Yup. That does it. I’m pretty much convinced it is our water-themed world now. I totally forgot about this graphic when writing this up. It makes too much sense that they would have been designing these for KH3 and then used them for Union Cross.

ImVentus

Awards
I haft to say that your plot of the world is well thought out. I would change a few aspects though.

Like said earlier I would put MX in Isa's position and instead of having an affair with Rourke, I would give that to Kida's father. Rourke is a power hungry brute and I just don't see him being that interesting compared to the very history of the Atlanteans themselves. The King should be discovered a lot more than he was in the film and have interesting communication with MX.

MX is known for his manipulative skills and if he's making a deal with the King about the universe or crystal, I would find that very intriguing.
Who am I kidding! I would honestly have wanted to see MOM being involved, but that's never gonna happen.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

b5AFcJZ.jpg

Yeah this might be legit. I remember in your theory that there were also chi heartless that looked like they would fit in both Frozen and Wreck it Ralph. Since WIR will likely be a world in union cross and Frozen was already confirmed via leaks I wouldn't be surprised if these were Atlantis' heartless.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
I haft to say that your plot of the world is well thought out. I would change a few aspects though.

Like said earlier I would put MX in Isa's position and instead of having an affair with Rourke, I would give that to Kida's father. Rourke is a power hungry brute and I just don't see him being that interesting compared to the very history of the Atlanteans themselves. The King should be discovered a lot more than he was in the film and have interesting communication with MX.

MX is known for his manipulative skills and if he's making a deal with the King about the universe or crystal, I would find that very intriguing.
Who am I kidding! I would honestly have wanted to see MOM being involved, but that's never gonna happen.

Strictly in terms of story, I think it’d be great to see MX in the world. My only concern is the pairing of two Leonard Nimoy characters without him voicing them. It could be poignant or it could be seen as insensitive depending on how it is handled.

I’d actually like to see MX pop up in several Disney worlds while not being the main Nort that SDG are facing. For example, while SDG are occupied elsewhere in Atlantis, there could be a cutscene where MX confronts Kida’s father about something that deals more with the wider lore of the series like you suggested. Similar to how Maleficent and Pete have that scene with Hades. I want MX to have a larger role than just being in the shadows until the last battle, but I don’t think SDG should try to fight him before then.

I also don’t think MX should cause the King’s death considering the voice actor thing, so I think Rourke should at least be involved to carry that out.

Sdog

Awards
After seeing this concept, my want for Atlantis has just jumped right up. The only thing I would change is having Demyx instead of Isa. Demyx would the darkness of that world for obvious reasons and I still have hopes of Isa trying to push Elsa to use darkness in a Frozen world.

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
After seeing this concept, my want for Atlantis has just jumped right up. The only thing I would change is having Demyx instead of Isa. Demyx would the darkness of that world for obvious reasons and I still have hopes of Isa trying to push Elsa to use darkness in a Frozen world.

If Demyx is indeed a Darkness, I definitely see him being in this world! A fight with him in this area would be so epic as the entire floor would be his element.
X7sdKyF.png

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
Demyx does seem like the obvious choice. Though people(myself included) think his chances of being a vessel are slim for different reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back