• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Asura's Wrath

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Janus Q

i watched the intro and i was blown away by the whole presentation and art form of it all, I am definitely placing this game on my most anticipated games list for next year.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
this legitimately looks like the best thing capcom has had a hand in for a while now

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Checked out the newer stuff for this game.

Wow, this looks a ton sexier than when it was first shown off.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards

Demo will be out in 4 days, although I'm not sure if it was ever clarified to be on the Japanese PSN or the NA one.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
Japanese, I believe. Would make sense considering it's out in Japan first as well. I think my hype for this game has shrunk and grown. Shrunk at the idea that lots of it is just QTE, grown seeing the awesome designs and decent plot looking to come out. I think I'll rent/borrow it at best because it doesn't look like I'll get a whole lot of replay value out of it, but it's looking nice.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Heard the demo sucked. That basically it was one giant QTE, which is pretty disappointing to hear, but unexpected.

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
* Still downloading......... Along with 10 GB worth of other downloads * :/

So it was good? I was actually pretty uninterested in this game.

I had fun. It's much more cinematic and yeah, lots of QTE. There is enough fighting to compensate, tho.

King Naruto

Retired (for now)
Awards
Creating bonds to save our world and bring peace
My take on this game is that Capcom isn't trying to have it be DMC action-esque but, instead it's supposed to be a very cinematic, and have tons of action while the battles are very engaging, nice graphics which give it a unique style, and meant to suck you in with the power that the characters (mainly Asura) demonstrate.

I loved the demo and I am very hyped. It may not be the greatest IP nor extreme in terms of combat but, what it does, it does well. Hopefully the full game is ten times better.

quiteMAD

What a guy!
Awards
Website
defineprog.deviantart.com
^ My thoughts exactly. All comments that it's the Japanese God of War are completely accurate. The scale of the battles are amazing, and it does a great job of getting adrenaline pumping, despite the fact that you're just pressing buttons. It's not one big QTE, though, albeit it does have alot of them. It also seems to incorporate elements from rail shooters, where you're shooting energy while moving or your opponent is too far away to fight hand to hand, and also has the traditional button mash/dodge combat styling of classic action games. This is one of those games where you just can't knock until you've tried it.

And that soundtrack is used wonderfully.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
I thought the game just looked like the new God of War, but you guys actually make it sound really good. I'll have to check out the demo, damn.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
Hahaha, seriously, I don't know what to make of this.

Janus Q

i remember the developers said they wanted this game to be more story heavy along with cinematic action. so for me to play it and enjoy it i think of it as a dubbed interactive anime. the first part of the demo amazed me on the scale of the enemies you fight, while the second part of the demo impressed me for the traditional boss fight. it's true there is allot of QTE but in order for me to accept it I just consider it a challenge of a ability to pay attention to the game itself. and the game accomplishes this by delivering on cool cut scenes and kick@$$ action. one of my favorite things is the "Shut Up" moments. you can either listen to the boss rant on about what he wants to complain or explain to you, or you can just skip it by punching them in the face. i think this will be an interesting skip button for those who just want the action.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back