• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Aqua's voice in English, will it be manly?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lefolane

Ok.. I know everybody gets tired of such topics; Aqua's voice. Anyway, please listen to me once more >_<
My fear has popped up when I think that..
Reno and Axel has the same actor either Jap. and Eng. version
Terra's voice is similar to Xemnas or..Xehanort? not sure.. I've never heard this two's voice in Jap. anyway. So English version may probably be like that.
Ven and Roxas is definitely gonna have the same one in Eng, too as Jap.
Xion's and Kairi's as well.

In DK£3713, it was said Aqua's one sounded like Paine from FF X. Some of us went.."what? Her voice is manly?!". Till now it proved not as we heard her voice from the leaked trailer already. What I'm saying is that we're mostly just used to hearing Paine's voice in English which sounds umm.. big? It was not suit Aqua, at least to me, when the rumour came out.. But hey.. try to see this, friends

Paine's in Japanese ver.
YouTube - Final Fantasy X-2 Ending (Japanese Version)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ocjoPHsxVsg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ocjoPHsxVsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Her voice sounds pretty! no anything like the English version.
What's more, Aqua's DOES sound like Paine's or similar to, at least,, after I heard her voice.
Maybe they use the same voice actress, I dont know.
But what if her one is the same as Paine's? The Eng version is going to use Paine's voice actress, too? Since it would sounds 'manly' like someone used to think.
I expect someone might say 'what does it matter? How Aqua's voice sounds I don't care. This is a stupid thread.' Oh guys^^ It is just my doubt that I want to share since it looks like no one speaks of this. I hope it'll be a new discussion:)

Aqua13

&#40639; &#24651;&#20210; &#40639;DYING OF EMBARRA
at tgs, it sounded feminine, so i would assume they would use a feminine voice aswell, i jsut hope its not another disney actor

Cissy

Bronze Member
I love Paine's JP voice, and Aqua sounds great, too.

I can't really picture Paine's ENG voice fitting with Aqua, but I think if she changed it around a bit, it'll work.

xjeezlouisx

I'll Hit You Harder Than Meth
Website
www.myspace.com
OH GOD I HOPE SO!
a Low high voice seems like a cherry on top, wouldnt you agree?
and besides the english voice actor for paine will try to make her voice a little highish i hope?

KHfan16

Awards
i love paine's english voice actor but i dont think that it fits aqua. aqua's hot but i dont think it really fits the english voice actor of paine to aqua.

A

Audo

The directors will direct the Voice Actor for Aqua to do it how they find best fitting for the character.
So, it doesn't matter.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I am so in love with Aqua's Japanese voice that the English one had better be perfect.

Aqua13

&#40639; &#24651;&#20210; &#40639;DYING OF EMBARRA
I am so in love with Aqua's Japanese voice that the English one had better be perfect.

i doubt it would be perfect since English tends to mess it up a litle,

they will eighter make it better or make it worse, depending on peoples opinion.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
However much I would die inside if Aqua had a really deep voice, I still think it would be initially funny.

Terra: Hey, Ven.
Ven: Hi, Terra. Oh, hello Aqua.
Aqua: Hey Guys.

o_O

Last edited:

Axie

Sleeping on the couch at the usual spot until such
The directors will direct the Voice Actor for Aqua to do it how they find best fitting for the character.
So, it doesn't matter.

Yeah, it does. Ansem got switched over from Billy Zane, who was awesome, to Richard Epcar, who was okay. Aerith's voice was pure and unadulterated fail. And if anyone but Quinton Flynn ever voiced Axel, I would fricking throw a hissy fit. The directors will do what they can, but it's not always enough, so there's no point to accepting it all as gospel.

Byronic Hero

Resonance of Darkness
Awards
I would have no problem with her voice, so long as it matches the character, I dont care.

Ren

adios motherfucker
i doubt it would be perfect since English tends to mess it up a litle,

they will eighter make it better or make it worse, depending on peoples opinion.

KH is just unlucky. The Non-Disney VA's are better in Japanese, and all the Disney VA's are better in English.
I do hope they make an attempt to do her justice unlike what they did with Aerith.

The non-Disney characters tend to have some pretty sexy-sounding seiyuus, so I'm prepared to be disappointed. D:

However much I would die inside if Aqua had a really deep voice, I still think it would be initially funny.

Terra: Hey, Ven.
Ven: Hi, Terra. Oh, hello Aqua.
Aqua: Hey Guys.

I love you. ;_______;

Sa?x

The Luna Diviner
Ok.. I know everybody gets tired of such topics; Aqua's voice. Anyway, please listen to me once more >_<
My fear has popped up when I think that..
Reno and Axel has the same actor either Jap. and Eng. version
Terra's voice is similar to Xemnas or..Xehanort? not sure.. I've never heard this two's voice in Jap. anyway. So English version may probably be like that.
Ven and Roxas is definitely gonna have the same one in Eng, too as Jap.
Xion's and Kairi's as well.

In DK£3713, it was said Aqua's one sounded like Paine from FF X. Some of us went.."what? Her voice is manly?!". Till now it proved not as we heard her voice from the leaked trailer already. What I'm saying is that we're mostly just used to hearing Paine's voice in English which sounds umm.. big? It was not suit Aqua, at least to me, when the rumour came out.. But hey.. try to see this, friends

Paine's in Japanese ver.
YouTube - Final Fantasy X-2 Ending (Japanese Version)
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ocjoPHsxVsg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ocjoPHsxVsg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Her voice sounds pretty! no anything like the English version.
What's more, Aqua's DOES sound like Paine's or similar to, at least,, after I heard her voice.
Maybe they use the same voice actress, I dont know.
But what if her one is the same as Paine's? The Eng version is going to use Paine's voice actress, too? Since it would sounds 'manly' like someone used to think.
I expect someone might say 'what does it matter? How Aqua's voice sounds I don't care. This is a stupid thread.' Oh guys^^ It is just my doubt that I want to share since it looks like no one speaks of this. I hope it'll be a new discussion:)

Hopefully, they keep Aqua with a balanced voice. I don't want it to be "manly" per se, but a strong presence would be nice, and would suit Aqua's character quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back