• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

anyone else who disliked the flowmotion?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I wasn't sure if I should post this here or in the spoiler section but sense we are only talking gameplay I figured I post it here.

I know what you're thinking - "How can you dislike the flow motion?!?!?!"
well I thought it was way to messy. when you bounce around it's almost impossible to see where everyone is and then you do an attack on someone and before you complete it someone else attack you and some of the time you die in one hit... even though you have full life and have second chance, wtf? And it's not like you can stop fighting once you've started and attack.
sometimes you just land on the ground and suddenly the earth attack you and you just stand there until you die, there's barely any kind of warning for that what so ever. Once I've seen some black shadow appear on the ground half a second before I was hit.
sure it's not as annoying as the block enemies in recoded that sometimes appeared inside of you when they where summoned to the battlefield and killed you instantly but it's still bloody annoying.

with that said I still love the concept of the flow motion but I think it should be a bit more like this:
You should be able to wall jump from one wall to another with square like you can now but you should not be able to turn around as much and bounce twice on the same wall.
you should be able to stop using flow motion when ever you want to by pressing (for example) O or using a command.
If you press X instead of square when you bounce of the wall you should jump but after that you can not glide again, however if there's a wall on the opposite side of you you can jump higher and higher but you can't do infinite wall jump by just using one wall.
It would also be cool if you could learn wall run and once you've leveled it up you could run upwards for eternity until you get to the roof or something points out of the wall.
Also let me use a quicker but weaker attack that you can do while using flow motion and don't give the enemies attacks that appear out of no where (like that earth attack I mentioned before) and just kills you.
Last but not least, the flow motion should be a little bit slower then it is now, the more overpowered it is the more overpowered the enemy have to be and that's what messed up 3D

I hope they fix all of this for KH III

Seighart

Awards
Well yeah it did have its pros and cons...i loved it when i used it solely for dodging in boss fights, it definitely made this game the Action RPG i love it for. At first i didn't like it because i thought you could go "LOLOLOL FLOWMOTIONRULEZ" and kill everything but it was balanced

Graficcha

Hah, I found the flowmotion very messy to use at first, but it does help a lot to get you out of a confusing tight spots to get your distance back quickly. Also great for blindly charging into a mess if you don't have anything useful ready at hand in your commands.

I also used it to help me get through the platforming sections. I suck at timing and aiming jumps, but by y+b+y+b+... loops against the right surfaces it's delightfully easy to truly get around the maps in a vertical plane, too. If I really had to backtrack and hop on the right platforms and hope I fall/jump right to the next spot, I'd have probably eaten my socks in frustration by the second world.

JuarezX

The only time i had a problem with flowmotion was in a certain boss battle, i would go to dodge roll one of his attacks and end up swinging on a pole and getting destroyed.(i dont know how to do the little black cover thing for spoilers so i wont name the boss. it was an earlier one though) Besides that i really like flowmotion. great way to get around, look for chests, and than follow up with an attack.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
[ spoilers ] [ /spoilers ] is the way to mark spoilers, just remove the spaces between the brackets and the words, lile this: I am a spoiler!

JuarezX

did i do it right?[/spoliers]

no, i guess i did it wrong :l

Last edited by a moderator:

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Just a small typo in the closing bracket, *ggg*. Spoliers => there's one i too much. ;)

EDIT: Nope, you just switched the i and the l.

soraalam1

The only thing I don't like is when I sometimes try to roll away from enemies to cure, I go into flow motion and am in danger of dying because I would have to wait until the flowmotion ends to cure myself. And we all know you can take damage in flowmotion, so flowmotion was occasionally the reason for my deaths. But now I'm more used to flowmotion and enjoy it.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
did i do it right?[/spoliers]

no, i guess i did it wrong :l[/QUOTE]

It's just a typo. You did it right; you just spelled the word incorrectly.

SeaSalt

Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
if the battlefield is large, and you need to cure in flowmotion, wall bounce and dive across the field away from the enemy to land and cure.

you can cure when you're in the air, but only if it's after a jump. you cannot cure in flow motion, so use it to find a safe place where you can.

JuarezX

alright the boss was when Spellican would summon Wargoyle against Sora in traverse town third district. Wargoyle is HUGE and in that tiny area when id try to dodge roll away to avoid an attack i would get destryed because id end up spinning on a pole. lol well there it is. got it right that time :tongue:

Blobbit

Awards
alright the boss was when Spellican would summon Wargoyle against Sora in traverse town third district. Wargoyle is HUGE and in that tiny area when id try to dodge roll away to avoid an attack i would get destryed because id end up spinning on a pole. lol well there it is. got it right that time :tongue:

Yeah, this is really the only time I had a problem with flowmotion. I would dodge roll to go heal and NOPE! You're bouncing off a wall now.

AlbertJ

Awards
I did have a few problems with it. As people here have mentioned, it can really screw you over in a boss fight by going into flowmotion accidentally. There have been many times where I went to dodge roll, but I was too close to a wall so I did a wall jump. Other than that, I think that flowmotion improved my experience with the game overall. Ever since the command deck was introduced, normal attacks haven't been as important but with flowmotion, it gives you another option during combat which I greatly appreciated.

WaveK89

I think the only thing I didn't like about flowmotion is that you couldn't seamlessly use commands on the fly. Nothing like stepping into flowmotion, getting severely damaged, and breaking my X-button trying to heal myself as I fall to the ground. In other words, you got to land on the ground to end flowmotion.

curlychuck

At first I though it was really cool, but in the end it made boss fights too easy and similar...

EternalDreamer

At first I though it was really cool, but in the end it made boss fights too easy and similar...

As far as dodging went , flowmotion helped a lot, but making fights similar? How exactly? In a lot of boss fights, using flowmotion to actually attack them would get you severely injured, not to mention most bosses would probably end up jumping some place else before it ever even hit them. It's REALLY hard winning a boss fight while spamming flowmotion. It's easier using commands and normal attacks.

curlychuck

As far as dodging went , flowmotion helped a lot, but making fights similar? How exactly? In a lot of boss fights, using flowmotion to actually attack them would get you severely injured, not to mention most bosses would probably end up jumping some place else before it ever even hit them. It's REALLY hard winning a boss fight while spamming flowmotion. It's easier using commands and normal attacks.

It was typically towards the end that I found this happening to me. The final bosses (Xemnas, Cloaked Nightmare, YX and Ven's armor) were all fairly agile and would move around the battle arena very quickly. Attacks in flowmotion immediately hone in on whatever target you are locked on to. This meant that as long as I was locked on, my flowmotion attack would go right to the enemy.

I also found that most flowmotion combos do significantly more damage than most commands, leading me to load my deck with curaga and potions just to be safe for the final bosses.

My biggest gripe with flowmotion however, was the total loss of command usage while in flowmotion. Too many times I would be low on health, need to dodge away to heal, but would instead dodge into a pole or wall, and would start flowmotion. I then had to wait for it to end, hoping I was not killed in the process.

I liked flowmotion, and hope it returns in KH3, just more polished...

Last edited by a moderator:

Decrith

^ You don't have to attack everytime you accidentally jump to a pole or wall, you can always jump again and fly away to safe grounds. When I'm in danger and need to get out of the mob, I flowmotion myself away from the crowd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back