• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Anyone Else Disappointed by Lea's Significance?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

jonXjon

I was pretty excited to see Lea in RG. But, you only see him for about five minutes in Ven's story only. I thought he would have had a more significant role. What does everyone else think.

Shamdeo

skipped leg day
Awards
Website
finalfantasy.net
I thought it was fine. I think it was better to keep the story focused on the main three characters rather than have more random Organization members introduced for a third time.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
All it did was point out why Axel befriended Roxas while he was in the Organization. Axel still had his memories of Lea, so 'ya.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
It seemed just right to me. A scene that didn't overpower, shedding light on a few subjects, while also moving forward the story. Many people don't seem to notice this, but, Lea's comments about trying to make friends wherever he goes so he can live forever in their memories is why Ventus then spends the second half of the game trying to make new friends.

Last edited:

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I was happy with Lea even making an appearance in BBS. Sure, I love Lea/Axel but they handled it well. We saw Lea's interactions with Isa and like mentioned before, it did shed light on some things.

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
I thought it was fine the way it was. His presence was there without being over powering and as HeartSeams pointed out, it's what Lea says that drives Ven in the latter half of his story to make new friends. His role wasn't big but he left an impact on Ven.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Lea's comments about trying to make friends wherever he goes so he can live forever in their memories is why Ventus then spends the second half of the game trying to make new friends.

Yeah, I still don't really see the relation :\ it just doesn't add up to me.

Personally, I was irked with the Org cameos in general sans Braig and a bit Ienzo (and by proxy, Even). Sure it was nice to see them but their true significance came from what happened after BBS, leaving what was in BBS for the most part filler, space-consuming fanservice :\ I for one would've liked to see Leon's side of RG rather than have Aeleus and Dilan shoo Ven away. Fanservice, granted, but one with a much higher potential of at least having debatable importance like Lea and Ven's meeting.

Radar

Bronze Member
I thought it was funny how Lea just wanted to fight Ventus, and Ven was like "why would I wanna do that?"

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards

LEA: I want to make friends wherever I go so I live forever~~~
VEN: -deep thought-
-next world-
VEN: I wonder if there's someone I can make friends with here!

It's not exactly subtle.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Meh. Just doesn't connect with what I felt when playing. Ven just seemed to be depressed overall and needed a slap to the face before he stopped being a brat and remembered his old friends XD; if anything, if I'll go with what you're saying, I'll just use Lea as someone to BLAME for Ven's behavior.

State

Awards
Personally, I think it was nice to see those characters around. Seeing a very young Ienzo was surprising, with Even caring him was cute but, from the perspective I got from Vexen, I thought he wasn't the type of character to care for someone, unless he was strictly ordered by Ansem to take care of him. Aeleus and Dilan, all I can say is, Dilan changed a lot when comparing him to Xaldin, but those two just seemed like they were there, guarding the door, waiting for the characters to come, have a scene and go. And Braig? I dunno, I just wasn't expecting him to have a deep role.

Crystal

Silver Member
I was pretty excited to see Lea in RG. But, you only see him for about five minutes in Ven's story only. I thought he would have had a more significant role. What does everyone else think.

I think Ven meeting Lea in Radiant Garden having a big impact on him.
After the scene, Ven seem want to make friends in every world he visited, not just only chasing Terra.

Stars

リク
I think Ven meeting Lea in Radiant Garden having a big impact on him.
After the scene, Ven seem want to make friends in every world he visited, not just only chasing Terra.

Yeah. Meeting with Lea seem meaningful to Ventus.
And I like how Even and Lea felt that they can meet Ventus in future xD

Lavender13

Personally, I was irked with the Org cameos in general sans Braig and a bit Ienzo (and by proxy, Even). Sure it was nice to see them but their true significance came from what happened after BBS, leaving what was in BBS for the most part filler, space-consuming fanservice :\ I for one would've liked to see Leon's side of RG rather than have Aeleus and Dilan shoo Ven away. Fanservice, granted, but one with a much higher potential of at least having debatable importance like Lea and Ven's meeting.
yeah ur right because his name was leon in kh1 and this one could've given more depth to his name change.

destinykh

The Troll
Awards
Sinking into the light with a heart of pure darkne
Like everyone else said, it was just right the way it was IMO. There was impact on the main character and it sheds light on Lea's and Isa's friendship without it being too shoved in the face (though I'll be rather pissed if Lea inevitably returns after KH2). However, what irks me more is that Ven is the only one who meets most of the RG Organization members all in one go, just because his future incarnation as Roxas will be an Org member. Contrived much? It would've been more natural if their appearances were spread out between the three main characters.

yeah ur right because his name was leon in kh1 and this one could've given more depth to his name change.
Wouldn't have worked, considering his name change came after the Heartless ravaged Radiant Garden.

Last edited:

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
He had no role in the game whatsoever. All of the Org members appearances were just pointless cameos besides Braig,

Lavender13

Wouldn't have worked, considering his name change came after the Heartless ravaged Radiant Garden.
Not really, they could've shown a kid leon (the rest of the gang is unnecessary considering they didn't have to know eachother until the events of kh1) and say something like "i'm Squall Leonhart" maybe terra might say "what an odd name, maybe Squall would've said "I have pride in my name" or something.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
He had no role in the game whatsoever. All of the Org members appearances were just pointless cameos besides Braig,
As I already said, Lea and Isa's appearance was the driving point for Ven's story in the second half of the game...

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
What depth to his name change? He already says that he doesn't deserve to be called that name because he couldn't protect RG from the darkness invasion, right?

As I already said, Lea and Isa's appearance was the driving point for Ven's story in the second half of the game...

That honestly could have been anyone, so I don't think that one meeting made them important to the game at all, along with all the other members. Even so, we still didn't need to see either of them besides Nomura shoving them in for a cameo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back