• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any theories on KH:BBS Volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I jsut feel like it has to connect mickey aqua and kairi. We wont see everthing the king is doing, but i do hope he venture to the dark realm in search of aqua. Aqua, is she still waiting at the shore and losing her memory will she be incapcitated before kh3. There is also kairi's role. She is listed as a main chracter in this franchises,and while peopl dont liek it she is the leading lady. I doubt she will be able to jsut sit on the island only worrying about her freinds again. I wondering if it is her who is drawn to the old mansion or namine

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
When Nomura said future developments he might mean KH3D...? You'll notice that young Master Xehanort turns around slowly, but they still didn't reveal his face, ergo they were saving it for KH3D.
I always thought the whole 'BBSV2' trailer was to signify that the Xehanort saga has affected many people and that Xehanort will ultimatley have to be stopped.

Yeah, so? BBSv2 didn’t really showcase the Apprentices or anything; it was more showing the “gaps” in the time line. DDD, as far as I recall, was always going to touch on the Xehanort aspect of everything.

You’re kinda neglecting the points with Kairi at the Old Mansion in TT, Mickey in the RoD with keyblade in hand, Riku watching Xion and Roxas in TT, and DiZ putting the data within Sora while he slept, Donald and Goofy walking through Traverse Town. Even if we ignore Aqua and what she saw in the RoD, there’s still all of the other scenes that indicate to things we’ve never seen. There was also the scene with Sora disappearing from DI and Ven disappearing from CO. Imo, (and this is really conjecture because no one knows for certain), all that said to me was that Sora and Ven wouldn’t be key characters in this game… and it would instead be the rest of the cast.

I'm gonna be frank, I wanna be done with KH. Recently it's all I think about. So much so that I can't put focus on school and up-coming college.
Well, that’s not Nomura’s fault man. xD

I figured it would be KH3D, then we'd have to wait a bit for KH3. Instead we get a teaser for a story that has absolutely nothing to offer to advance the story. How exactly would Aqua's adventure be relevant at all to the plot, if she forgets everything she does? And another thing, if something bad---REALLY bad happens in KH3D, we'll have to go through a completly irrelevant story and will have to wait until KH3 is released to find out how said event will get resolved. I wouldn't get that.
Well, using that logic… how was Sora’s journey in Chain of Memories relevant since he forgot everything? What if half of the reason that the worlds even returned to the RoL was because of Aqua?

We have to wait until KH3 comes out anyway, I don’t see the problem with getting another game in the meantime. KH3 isn’t going to be delayed because of BBSv2, it’s being delayed because the team is working on Versus. Until Versus is done and out, KH3 isn’t happening. I personally, would adore having a game that answers all of the gaps in the time line while I wait for KH3. It makes the wait seem less painful.

Well, if there's one thing Nomura has little to no control over, it's the marketing of the games that he's directing. I don't think his personal thoughts about what's best are the thing that matter here -- how many times has he complained about not being allowed to show anything for Versus? It's more likely that Squenix corporate told him he couldn't announce it just yet. =/
Yeah, you’re right. That was poor wording on my part. I should have said, “maybe Square Enix found it to be a poor marketing decision”. I mean, how many people decided against purchasing Days and Coded, because they thought BBS would be the only important game? Announcing all three at once may have been very bad for their sales.

And, yeah, the more I think about it, the more Osaka's involvement makes sense. It won't be long until 3D is out and we know they're still planning to use the Tokyo team for KH3, so it'd make sense as a potential next game for them (considering that the other option would be them making something that isn't a KH game at all). If that's the case, BbSv2 could be much bigger than we've generally thought and on a more capable machine (since it wouldn't be outsourced to a lesser team).
Osaka has already proven themselves capable with BBS and DDD looks fantastic. Versus won’t be out for at least another year and KH3 will probably take 3-5 years to be developed; it makes perfect sense for Osaka to work on one last KH game to tide us over while we wait for KH3. They’d just be sitting on their thumbs until Nomura was done with Versus otherwise, and if that was the case… what was the point of hinting towards this mystery game the whole time?

Ikkin

Bronze Member
Yeah, you’re right. That was poor wording on my part. I should have said, “maybe Square Enix found it to be a poor marketing decision”. I mean, how many people decided against purchasing Days and Coded, because they thought BBS would be the only important game? Announcing all three at once may have been very bad for their sales.

I'm not sure how much it actually hurt them, but they seem to be in major backlash mode against showing games that are more than a year out due to people complaining about games that were announced too early. I mean, KH3D had that bizarre "let's show a trailer with content completely unrelated to the actual game!" demo for its initial showing, which I can't really see as beneficial in any way. XD

Osaka has already proven themselves capable with BBS and DDD looks fantastic. Versus won’t be out for at least another year and KH3 will probably take 3-5 years to be developed; it makes perfect sense for Osaka to work on one last KH game to tide us over while we wait for KH3. They’d just be sitting on their thumbs until Nomura was done with Versus otherwise, and if that was the case… what was the point of hinting towards this mystery game the whole time?

Yeah, Osaka is awesome. Birth by Sleep is the first time the KH series really nailed what it was going for gameplaywise, and 3D seems to push that even further. It'll actually be kind of weird having the series go back to Tokyo for III, though depending on how they do with Versus, that might not be too big of an issue.

I doubt Osaka would be stuck twiddling their thumbs whether they're given another KH game or not -- they could either be given another game entirely or added to the Versus team to get it out the door faster. I can't really see anything that Squenix could give them that would be a better use of their time than KH, though; giving them an ARPG FF spinoff would be weird since they already have Versus and the Type-series for that, giving them a non-ARPG would be a waste of their clear talent in that regard, and giving them a game that's not FF or KH (or Dragon Quest, but that's never really developed internally) would significantly limit their sales potential. Just about the only thing I can think of apart from KH that'd make sense given Squenix's current inability to do much with new IPs is for them to be given a TWEWY sequel.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I'm not sure how much it actually hurt them, but they seem to be in major backlash mode against showing games that are more than a year out due to people complaining about games that were announced too early. I mean, KH3D had that bizarre "let's show a trailer with content completely unrelated to the actual game!" demo for its initial showing, which I can't really see as beneficial in any way. XD
I still have no idea why they had all of those falling Sora's. xD Square must have realized that announcing Versus and the KH trio so early was a really bad idea. So now they seem to keep things "close to the chest" like how they kept quiet about FF13-2 until the 1st Annual Production meeting thing.

Yeah, Osaka is awesome. Birth by Sleep is the first time the KH series really nailed what it was going for gameplaywise, and 3D seems to push that even further. It'll actually be kind of weird having the series go back to Tokyo for III, though depending on how they do with Versus, that might not be too big of an issue.
Birth by Sleep still has my ideal battle system in the entire series. Was Osaka going to join Tokyo for III, or not? I think they really should, because they've been handling the KH games recently and the two teams together would probably put out something really great.

I doubt Osaka would be stuck twiddling their thumbs whether they're given another KH game or not -- they could either be given another game entirely or added to the Versus team to get it out the door faster. I can't really see anything that Squenix could give them that would be a better use of their time than KH, though; giving them an ARPG FF spinoff would be weird since they already have Versus and the Type-series for that, giving them a non-ARPG would be a waste of their clear talent in that regard, and giving them a game that's not FF or KH (or Dragon Quest, but that's never really developed internally) would significantly limit their sales potential. Just about the only thing I can think of apart from KH that'd make sense given Squenix's current inability to do much with new IPs is for them to be given a TWEWY sequel.
What KH team handled TWEWY, though? Was Osaka involved at all? I couldn't really see Osaka being added to Versus, since they might not really know what's going on lol. I could see them being added to a completely new IP though, but with all of the mystery game hints... it seems a tad unlikely. But I don't really know how all of the development stuff goes down; I just can't see anyone but Osaka doing a BBSv2

Rexy

Bronze Member
I would really like to see Aqua and her torment on the Realm of Darkness... she worries about everyone so seeing everything that dark and the world on the RoD could be really bad for her. I know this probably is not here but thi thread made me think of that, BbSVol2, so what do you think of this as the beginning? It has not much but... :p

<In the Dark Realm>

After a great battle, Aqua finally reached the other side of that horrendus place, that dark impetuous. She was tired from the fight against the big monster with red eyes, 'What was that moster?', she thought, 'It was not an Unversed, i'm certain of that.'
She had taken a much large number of steps when finally she sit down, put her master's keyblade into the air and shouted 'Heal', and continue on walking.
'Ven, I'm sorry, I promised I would be there to protect you. Terra, I'm sorry too, I could not save you from that darkness, at least I know you are okay. At least I think you are.'

<At Radiant Garden>

Xehanort had finally opened his eyes from that long sleep. He was a little injured but he get up from bed and got running like a mad man. He was at the castle entrance when he hear someone calling him. 'Xehanort, so you have finally woken up', 'Who are you', Xehanort asked, 'Is is I, Master, eheh', 'Master? What the... Is this still that bad dream, it was so scary, darkness everywhere, i only could see a glimer of light calling out for me, who was that?', 'Memory loss yeh, that was a beautifull trick mounsier, Braig's the name, case you want to take that actor role so far'.

<Aqua got out of the Dark Thorned Forest where she fought agains the red eye enemy>

'Finally I got out of that forest. What is that, a castle? No... It's not possible. It..It's Cinderella's Castle. That is not possible, that castle was part of Castle of Dreams, Realm of Light, I'm positive... What happened to that world? I must go and see if something happened. Hope Everyones alright.'

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I still have no idea why they had all of those falling Sora's. xD Square must have realized that announcing Versus and the KH trio so early was a really bad idea. So now they seem to keep things "close to the chest" like how they kept quiet about FF13-2 until the 1st Annual Production meeting thing.

I don't think that trailer really meant anything, except "be on the lookout for a new KH game for 3DS, guys!" The dozens of falling Soras seems like it would be a good way to test out the system and how much could be thrown on-screen (that video was a tech demo, after all).

Birth by Sleep still has my ideal battle system in the entire series. Was Osaka going to join Tokyo for III, or not? I think they really should, because they've been handling the KH games recently and the two teams together would probably put out something really great.

They haven't said anything about what's going to happen with KHIII yet, probably because they're not bothering to think about the programming parts of it until Versus is complete. Having Osaka and Tokyo work together on it seems like it could be a good idea since they both have KH experience, though I'm not sure how much the distance would cause problems in that regard. (If they want Osaka to work with Tokyo on KHIII, giving them a Vita BbSv2 could be good to get them up to speed on HD development, maybe?)

What KH team handled TWEWY, though? Was Osaka involved at all? I couldn't really see Osaka being added to Versus, since they might not really know what's going on lol. I could see them being added to a completely new IP though, but with all of the mystery game hints... it seems a tad unlikely. But I don't really know how all of the development stuff goes down; I just can't see anyone but Osaka doing a BBSv2

TWEWY was outsourced to Jupiter (who also did GBA CoM, IIRC), actually. It didn't really have anything to do with Osaka -- the only reason I'd consider that an option is because Osaka would have already worked with the characters/made models for them to use in 3D. A TWEWY sequel would probably have to look rather different anyway due to the 3DS's different design, though, so putting a different team on it wouldn't be that strange.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I don't think that trailer really meant anything, except "be on the lookout for a new KH game for 3DS, guys!" The dozens of falling Soras seems like it would be a good way to test out the system and how much could be thrown on-screen (that video was a tech demo, after all).
It was just so... like... wat. XD

They haven't said anything about what's going to happen with KHIII yet, probably because they're not bothering to think about the programming parts of it until Versus is complete. Having Osaka and Tokyo work together on it seems like it could be a good idea since they both have KH experience, though I'm not sure how much the distance would cause problems in that regard. (If they want Osaka to work with Tokyo on KHIII, giving them a Vita BbSv2 could be good to get them up to speed on HD development, maybe?)
At this point I think it would be safe to assume that BBSv2 would more than likely be on the PSVita, so I think that would definitely help Osaka catch up to Tokyo with HD development

TWEWY was outsourced to Jupiter (who also did GBA CoM, IIRC), actually. It didn't really have anything to do with Osaka -- the only reason I'd consider that an option is because Osaka would have already worked with the characters/made models for them to use in 3D. A TWEWY sequel would probably have to look rather different anyway due to the 3DS's different design, though, so putting a different team on it wouldn't be that strange.
Actually, that's a good point. A game I played on the DS titled 9 Persons, 9 Hours, 9 Doors was full of sprites. It's getting a sequel-ish game for the 3DS with 3D models instead of the original sprites so, now that I think about it, I assume TWEWY would do the same~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back