• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Any theories on KH:BBS Volume 2?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

bgizzles45

Seeing how there was a flashback scene of Xehanort attacking Xigbar, Aeleus and Ienzo in one of the trailers for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, I think it's safe to assume that Birth by Sleep v2 are just compiled scenes that will be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Seeing how there was a flashback scene of Xehanort attacking Xigbar, Aeleus and Ienzo in one of the trailers for Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance, I think it's safe to assume that Birth by Sleep v2 are just compiled scenes that will be featured in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance.
this is actually a very good possibility :3 hope its so.

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com

Yeah, I've pretty much been thinking that Zero Points has always been hinting toward DDD.

Still, in the BBS Ultimania, Nomura said we'd have two more games before KH3. :|

Ikkin

Bronze Member

Why would they refer to something from 3D as "Birth by Sleep volume 2," though? Using that sort of title suggests a deeper sort of connection to BbS than 3D has demonstrated so far (if anything, it seems to be more interested in the Organization than TAV).

I mean... there's a lot of stuff in that teaser that seems unlikely to show up in 3D, from what we know of it. Right from the beginning, there's the Castle of Dreams showing up in the Realm of Darkness, which would be hard to explain in a game focused around the Realm of Sleep. There's the line, "A Fragmentary Passage," which doesn't really seem to connect to 3D in any way I can see. There's the scene with Kairi at the mansion in Twilight Town, which makes the most sense as a flashback but could never appear as such in 3D due to the fact that Kairi's not even in the same realm as Sora and Riku are. There's the different perspective on Donald and Goofy before they run into Sora, which would be just as hard to justify.

And, even if the rest of it could be worked in as Riku flashbacks, the tone of it is completely different. If they were teasing 3D, there's no way Sora wouldn't have been more important -- every single scene, apart from a single shot of him sitting on a tree trunk before disappearing, focuses around stuff that happened when he wasn't there. 3D is, most definitely, at least half Sora's story. There's no way they would leave him out of a teaser for it.

Everything in that teaser points to it referring to a game without much Sora involvement, with some sort of fragmented story. It opened up a new option to use the Realm of Darkness as a setting by sticking destroyed worlds there (because, let's be honest, it would have been a terrible setting for anything more than a Secret Episode otherwise), at the cost of adding even more questions that need answering, and 3D can't even take advantage of that because it takes place too late in the timeline for those worlds to even be there anymore.

To be fair, the idea of a fragmented story is... kind of weird, but I could picture some kind of frame device being used that could somehow tie in a whole bunch of disparate memories and characters together, if they wanted to go that route.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
I still firmly believe that there will be a BBSv2 that will help tie everything else about KH together and lead to KH3. Like Ikkin said, there's so many points of view and aspects of the BBS secret video that don't correlate with DDD, in any way shape or form, that it's hard to believe it would be anything else.

I can't imagine where any of those things, other than the Riku flashbacks or Organization aspects, would fall in the DDD time line. If done right, they can handle a fragmented game very well. There's still a lot of time before KH3 is even in the works, so let's not discount BBSv2 so soon.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
I've been thinking of a rather wild idea about how a single game would tie the whole series: an "everything Mickey did" game. Mickey has been the 1 character who had a presence in every game yet it was always a limited one. He's gotta be doing something besides just wandering around.

The wildness of this theory is that it would be the longest entry in the series by far due to covering near the whole timeline (Coded & possibly DDD excluded), practically every world of the series to date would be visited.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
Is it possible for BBs vol 2 to be added as an extra on the DDD you unlock it from hard mode and we Play through as aqua again picking up from where we left of with her in blank points to present the end of DDD

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
Is it possible for BBs vol 2 to be added as an extra on the DDD you unlock it from hard mode and we Play through as aqua again picking up from where we left of with her in blank points to present the end of DDD
If Castle of Dreams is revealed I'm going to be suspious.

sora364

Inactive until DDD NA Release.
Awards
I think otherwise. Maybe it's just foucs on Xehanort days in Radient Garden? I hope it's like a short movie ^^

I totally agree with you. I posted this in a similar topic nearly a year ago:

I find the notion of Xehanort's tale to be the alluring and meritoriously beneficial to the game's continuity. Playing as the series' antagonist is a nice refresher. It excites me of all the limitless possibilities we could have. Identity Crisis? Sporadic memories from both Terra and Master Xehanort permeating through his mind-unaware of the origins of his existence. Struggling with two voices whispering in his head; one deceptively seduces him closer to darkness while the other boldly tries to bring him to light. Possibly associating with Ienzo, Dilan, Braig, Even, Aeleus, Isa, and Lea also spikes my interest. Seeing how Organization XIII comes to be brings my interest to a new forefront. The abduction of the citizens of Radiant Garden for their heinous experiments...it all just makes me writhe with anticipation. Seriously, who does not yearn to see the fall of Radiant Garden? How Xehanort banishes Ansem the Wise to the Realm of Nothingness? Him finding "The Door" and perhaps first summoning his Keyblade? It would contribute a tremendous deal to the story in my opinion. He may Remember Aqua and Ven from his past as Terra and begin a search for them, which could potentially push him further into Darkness. In conjunction with thishe can remember his past as Master Xehanort and remember the seven hearts of pure light thus would spur his search to find them later on. These memories could perhaps be evenly distributed among Ansem Seeker of Darkness and Xemnas. Obviously, this impacts Kairi as well-as he is the one who sends her Destiny Islands. Xehanort has so much potential...and I would detest to see that squandered on characters who I feel are merely fan favorites and could contribute very little to the plot unless it's forced.

Obviously, Mickey and Aqua can work decently as well. But Xehanort seems to be the better option by far in my eyes.

Radar

Bronze Member
I always wonder how they could put all those scenes at different times into a game. I do have a feeling though it will be be something completely different, (kinda like DDD.)

Or if it ends up as some kind of CGI movie, it should start with bbs, then show what-ever happened next. Adventures in RoD, Hollow Bastion falling, Xehanort splitting up, org. beginnings, info on isa/lea. Then ends before kh1 starts.

t was such a short movie, and thats the only thing we have to go on. So it is hard to make accurate thoughts.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I always wonder how they could put all those scenes at different times into a game. I do have a feeling though it will be be something completely different, (kinda like DDD.)

Or if it ends up as some kind of CGI movie, it should start with bbs, then show what-ever happened next. Adventures in RoD, Hollow Bastion falling, Xehanort splitting up, org. beginnings, info on isa/lea. Then ends before kh1 starts.

t was such a short movie, and thats the only thing we have to go on. So it is hard to make accurate thoughts.

nomura said we wil grow wih someonunfamilar to us that may be xheanort, or who know mabey axel the way he poppin up

XIII RoXaS XIII

Awards
if nomura is gonna pull bbs volume 2 off, i would love to see hoow he is gonna do it because bbs revoles around terra,ven and aqua that quite frankly have their own issues at the moment. terra doesnt have his body, vens doesnt have his heart and is sleeping in the room of awaking that only aqua knows about and to top it off she is stuck in the RoD. if nomura can pull this off kudos to him :)

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
if nomura is gonna pull bbs volume 2 off, i would love to see hoow he is gonna do it because bbs revoles around terra,ven and aqua that quite frankly have their own issues at the moment. terra doesnt have his body, vens doesnt have his heart and is sleeping in the room of awaking that only aqua knows about and to top it off she is stuck in the RoD. if nomura can pull this off kudos to him :)

Popular theory is that, judging by Zero Points, BBSv2 fills in all of the empty gaps through the entire series thus far, ranging from Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness, to Mickey's search for the Kingdom Key D, etc.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Popular theory is that, judging by Zero Points, BBSv2 fills in all of the empty gaps through the entire series thus far, ranging from Aqua's time in the Realm of Darkness, to Mickey's search for the Kingdom Key D, etc.

Yup, Yup...I can't remember where it was but I think Nomura stated somewhere that while KH Dream Drop Distance sets the stage for KH III and therefore the finale of the Xehanort Saga the "mystery game" (we don't yet know if BBSv2 even IS a game) will clear up any remaining gaps and mysteries of the timeline from the end of BBS to the end of KH2 so that KH III can be fully concentrated on rescuing the tormented people and thwart Xehanort's final scheme.

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
If it's a game It's not gonna come out until the Osaka team finishes 3D, and I don't think it'll be a main game. It might be a movie. It might be a Reverse Rebirth mode for Aqua. Who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back