• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Ansem the Wise and the 14th

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
That's true. But in that same sense, why couldn't DiZ have seen that the 14th would be of service in some way, and recruited her to help her with Roxas, thus explaining how she influenced his actions. Because remember, 358's story overlaps with CoM's so he very well could have asked for her help, or perhaps they got each other's help somehow later on in the game, if they didn't know each other at the beginning.

I'm not saying that such an idea is impossible. My point was that DiZ giving Mickey and Riku the cloaks has no implications towards the 14th.

Ban Mido

Kissing the skies.
I said "undetermined." I never stated how long he was there.

And Ansem could have created virtual versions transported those into the real world. that has happened in KH2.

UrbanQuattrus

And as for the coat. The only problem with what you say is that Ansem the Wise also had one Mickey's size as well. And why would there just so happen to be a coat tailored to Riku's exact size...? Seems far too convenient.

By extension you could ask why the coat still fit him when he took on Xehanort's appearance, given how huge Xehanort is compared to Riku. I think the coats just have some magic quality that fits them as the user needs.

There's only one problem with that. Why would Riku need one? He wasn't trying to hide from the Organization. When Riku got his coat, for all he knew, the people met could have been the only Organization there was. What reason would DiZ have for giving him the coat?

The coat isn't just about impersonating an Organization member, they also provide protection for the wearer while traveling the corridors of darkness. (Which actually makes me wonder why the true members need them, as they don't have hearts and thus can't be damaged by the darkness.) Anyway, one simple solution for how Diz acquired the coats is this: All the members present died, save Axel, who left anyway; Castle Oblivion's laundry room was thus unprotected from any who cared to pillage.

Kiwise

I'm saying if number XIV is not actually loyal to the Organization and she's doing sort of an undercover type of thing, then perhaps Ansem the Wise wouldn't have reason to hate her.

I think if 14 is actually a Nobody, that would be enough for DiZ to hate her. He made it pretty clear that he hated Nobodies, going as far as to tell Riku to kill Namine, when they could have just let her meet Kairi instead. Why would he make an exception for this one?

He knows more about the Organization then anyone in the game. Why WOULDN'T she go to him for help if she was looking to get in for her own purposes?

She might go to him for help with the Org. if she needed it, but I can't see him helping her. You would think that if he worked with a Nobody previously, he wouldn't hate them at much in KH2. I didn't see that.

And as for the coat. The only problem with what you say is that Ansem the Wise also had one Mickey's size as well. And why would there just so happen to be a coat tailored to Riku's exact size...? Seems far too convenient.

She could have given him the coat, I guess. If they got one coat, I'd think they could figure out how to make another. (I don't know if they'd have to sew it or just materialize it or whatever, but they could probably make another from having one. DiZ was a scientist, it wouldn't be hard for him to figure out how to do it, I'd think.)

Anyway, one simple solution for how Diz acquired the coats is this: All the members present died, save Axel, who left anyway; Castle Oblivion's laundry room was thus unprotected from any who cared to pillage.

That works, too. (I like that, it made me giggle.) Doesn't have to have anything to do with the 14th, necessarily.

The Twilight Prince

The closest I ever gave..
Website
www.myspace.com
By extension you could ask why the coat still fit him when he took on Xehanort's appearance, given how huge Xehanort is compared to Riku. I think the coats just have some magic quality that fits them as the user needs.

Yeah, that's another thing I was thinking about too. Doesn't make too much sense.

The coat isn't just about impersonating an Organization member, they also provide protection for the wearer while traveling the corridors of darkness. (Which actually makes me wonder why the true members need them, as they don't have hearts and thus can't be damaged by the darkness.) Anyway, one simple solution for how Diz acquired the coats is this: All the members present died, save Axel, who left anyway; Castle Oblivion's laundry room was thus unprotected from any who cared to pillage.

Well there are a whole lot of holes in that thought, only because of in game contradiction. For instance, Kairi goes through a dark corridor without a coat completely unharmed twice. Once when Axel kidnapped her and once at the end of the game. Mickey too went through the dark corridor after he had lost his coat. Lots of people did, which shows that you don't NEED them to through. From what i've seen, they don't seem to do much for protection.

Yes, and he acquired Mickey's because we all know Org XIII kept a Mickey shaped one around for when bets or card games were lost. X3

UrbanQuattrus

^You don't need a coat, but they do help - look at how Riku was getting weakened and strained near the end of KH1 from using dark portals too often.

Wehrmacht

cameo lover
Awards
The coat isn't just about impersonating an Organization member, they also provide protection for the wearer while traveling the corridors of darkness. (Which actually makes me wonder why the true members need them, as they don't have hearts and thus can't be damaged by the darkness.)

It provides protection for all sorts of darkness. And actually, it's not because of the corridors of darkness. They could use those just fine without the cloaks.

The reason they wear them is because their home base, TWTNW, is very close to the darkness. Hence their fragile existences would be even more unstable and they could fade away easily. That is why they wear the cloaks: so they don't fade away as easily.

Awards
It provides protection for all sorts of darkness. And actually, it's not because of the corridors of darkness. They could use those just fine without the cloaks.

The reason they wear them is because their home base, TWTNW, is very close to the darkness. Hence their fragile existences would be even more unstable and they could fade away easily. That is why they wear the cloaks: so they don't fade away as easily.

For anyone wondering where this all came from, an addition to a scene in Reverse Rebirth:

DiZ: The Organization will be chasing you. Like wolves, they sniff out the
existence of their prey, and use that to hunt them down. But if you wrap
yourself in nothingness, you should should be able to fool their noses and
their eyes. Ears, however, are a different matter. They also protect
themselves with these cloaks... so as not to be swallowed by the darkness.
Do you understand me? Not even the Organization can control the darkness.

Gildragon

Theatre Messiah
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
If I remember correctly in order to use the dark portals correctly you needed to have that coat on. like protection or something. SO I think Diz made them himself

EDIT: Sorry didnt' read full thread. Question has been answered

Charlie K

Back in Business
Well during CoM they didn't have the full variety of members, they just didn't have Roxas I belive so they might've had spares to fit him, DiZ just so happens to find them, hey you never know, they might've though Mickey had a Nobody!Ha.

Charlie K

Back in Business
I wonder hey maybe they were lab coats for AtW's apprentices or something?

Charlie K

Back in Business
Heart ones, darkness, oh yes, when they were experimenting with Darkness AtW gave them these coats that protected them from the darkness.Ahha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back